{All 2011}[FAQ][Q&A][CM11.0] LegacyXperia discussion

Search This thread

effe12

Feb 11, 2013
[/COLOR]
on my xperia ray (urushi) the rom is not working.
I downloaded the latest version of cm 11 The 179 mb one, and everything went fine, but after i rebooted the device, the screen just says cyanogenmod with a blue cartoon face, and an arrow that keeps moving in an orbit. it has been doing so for more than 30 minutes,so i thought ask the main man. is this a frequent problem, or am i the only one?

I do believe this is a wonderful thing, the uptaking of the project. just hope it'll work on my phone

Hi, I'm on Urushi and last nightly works perfect ...
If you installed it for the first time, juste be sure to follow the installation process ... If upgrading, be sure to first update the kernel with the one provided within the ROM package
Please, make a clean reinstall just to be sure !

Cheers

NazS!

May 8, 2013
on my xperia ray (urushi) the rom is not working.
I downloaded the latest version of cm 11 The 179 mb one, and everything went fine, but after i rebooted the device, the screen just says cyanogenmod with a blue cartoon face, and an arrow that keeps moving in an orbit. it has been doing so for more than 30 minutes,so i thought ask the main man. is this a frequent problem, or am i the only one?

I do believe this is a wonderful thing, the uptaking of the project. just hope it'll work on my phone

It works fine for me and for everyone else, I hope. Make sure to follow the steps given in OP. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2545359)

dwellexity

Jun 12, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Just only small request or question, from me..
Is possible to disable overflow menu (3-dot-menu bar) ?
I know, in Kitkat is this menu always visible, because of Google....:rolleyes:
But, on our 2011´s with HW keys is, by me meaning, totally useless and just only waste space...Space, which is not much, on the small screen.
This question has been answered before.
It's not possible in KitKat. If the app developer has implemented 3-dot menu, it will show regardless of the phone having physical menu buttons.

seumina

Jul 24, 2012
One Question

is it same google experience launcher and Trebuchet launcher?

and one request

can you give me a free dialer app link for cm11.Because the dialer in cm11 so useless.
I tried about ten dialer from google play and all of them worse.
Paid dialer apps may be better but i dont wanna give money for that.

I found xperia launcher,theme,calender,clock for cm11. But i didnt find xperia dialer ,calculator and walkman for cm11.
Maybe i can use to cm calculator (so ugly and useless) and walkman but icant use the dialer in cm11.
CM11 is very fast but if i cant find i will go back to stock ics (it is laggy).

Reactions: dekanayanjyoti

tajimura

Dec 25, 2009
Tashkent
One Question

and one request

can you give me a free dialer app link for cm11.Because the dialer in cm11 so useless.

I found xperia launcher,theme,calender,clock for cm11. But i didnt find xperia dialer ,calculator and walkman for cm11.
Maybe i can use to cm calculator (so ugly and useless) and walkman but icant use the dialer in cm11.

Mate, nobody will cry and weep if you go back to stock. It is only your choice to use stock or custom, so no point in sticking it into our faces.

Sent from Asia

GrandMaxin

Apr 28, 2012
Build 20140121 launches recovery really slow(Hallon)

For build Jan 21 of CM11, MT15i (Neo / Hallon). I found it really slow after I flashed the kernel when I want to enter Recovery. The gray interface appears for about a minute before any settings come out.
BTW, I can't find the trebuchet settings. No settings in the mainscreen setting, and no settings in the settings app.

Adriancris7

Aug 22, 2013
Good work!

Today I tried your Kitkat based OS. And it works very well, I guess I just have to wait until all the bugs are fixed. Keep it mikeioannina, wait patiently for the stable version! Greetings from Ecuador! I use the Xperia Mini ST15! :):good:

Dec 14, 2012
crash with .avi file

Hi,
I copied a movie of around 700MB which is .avi format in SD card. whenever I open the gallery, it crashes. Then, later some time, some system file get crashes and phone reboots its own and again and again. First I was not knowing about this and I reinstalled entire build 2014-01-21 again. upon first time boot itself crashed. then, i removed latest changes in my phone one by one files and found .avi file is the problem. now, it is fine for last 12-15 hours. no problem. I tried screen capture to post here to show the system crash message. but, no luck. Hope, this is one of the bug.

Tomi_Ohl

Feb 12, 2013
Komárno
One Question

and one request

Xperia dialer can't be ported to CM, and go here for some Z1 apps: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49705473&postcount=1709
and you may like an Xperia theme, go to play store and search for cm11 xperia theme
or try out this ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2602727

dwellexity

Jun 12, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
One Question

and one request

No, the two launchers are different. first is developed by google and used in latest nexus devices, second is used in cyanogenmod roms.
search for exdialer, if you need a good dialer app. this works good for me.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

For build Jan 21 of CM11, MT15i (Neo / Hallon). I found it really slow after I flashed the kernel when I want to enter Recovery. The gray interface appears for about a minute before any settings come out.
BTW, I can't find the trebuchet settings. No settings in the mainscreen setting, and no settings in the settings app.
The delay happens only after first boot for me. does it happen everytime for you?
for trebuchet setiings, install any launcher from play store. trebuchet settings will become visible. you can uninstall the second launcher later.

GrandMaxin

Apr 28, 2012
No, the two launchers are different. first is developed by google and used in latest nexus devices, second is used in cyanogenmod roms.
search for exdialer, if you need a good dialer app. this works good for me.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

The delay happens only after first boot for me. does it happen everytime for you?
for trebuchet setiings, install any launcher from play store. trebuchet settings will become visible. you can uninstall the second launcher later.

1/ Everytime when I want to access recovery. For at least 3 times.
2/ It's kinda complicated, esp. I'm not quite interested in launcher in China(I'm Chinese), and since the new build is around the corner, I will wait for the new one.
THX a lot.

F.A.I.S.A.L

Nov 20, 2011
Jamnagar
I got a Trick To Make Simpsons Tapped Out And GTA San Andreas Work...

Take the libc.so from CM-11.0-20140113-NIGHTLY-LegacyXperia version of
your devices ROM then paste it into
system/lib and set the correct permissions.

Be Carefull While Replacing file, You Can get into Bootloop...

bane597@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2013
Kraljevo
:D

How to rectify that ??

Just go to: settings/apps/running and stop all apps except browser and music app.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Problem with CWM is kernel problem it's not bug of the ROM

Reactions: mengxaxau

dwellexity

Jun 12, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
1/ Everytime when I want to access recovery. For at least 3 times.
2/ It's kinda complicated, esp. I'm not quite interested in launcher in China(I'm Chinese), and since the new build is around the corner, I will wait for the new one.
THX a lot.
1. doesn't happen for me. using coconut. other experienced users can help you probably. you could try complete reinstall, including going back to ics stock rom first.
2. it's upto you. there has been some merged updates to trebuchet in cm-11. hopefully it will make this as good as in cm-10.2

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

instead of saying thanx, click on Thanks button, just saying.

Reactions: mengxaxau

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
New build coming

## Nightly build 20140203 - cm-11.0
* Latest cm11.0 changes
* Revert: Testing change/fix for app2sd applications
* Small conservative governor update
* Added LegacyXperia Center
* Testing updated wl12xx kernel driver & firmware
* Fixed reboot to recovery
* Disabled kernel NTFS driver (CM uses ntfs-3g userspace driver)
* Made exfat driver built-in instead of module

Builds will roll in reverse alphabetical order until tomorrow.

Last edited:

Somyab

Jun 6, 2011
Mumbai
Can anybody tell me how to fix half screen caller photo in incoming call ?

Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to LegacyXperia CyanogenMod 11[/SIZE]

Links to development threads:
    Arc / Arc S
    Mini / Mini Pro / Active / Live with Walkman
    Neo / Neo V
    Pro
    Ray
    Play / Neo L

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    The time has come!

## Nightly build 20140512 - cm-11.0
    * Latest cm11.0 changes
    * Updated to Android 4.4.2_r2
    * New kernel based on kk_2.7-stable CAF branch
    * Enabled ION for everything except camera
    * Enabled VSYNC (aka Project Butter)
    * Updated audio HAL (various updates/bugfixes)
    * Use display-caf/media-caf instead of display-legacy/media-legacy
    * Updated adreno GPU libs from Galaxy S3 (d2lte)
    * Disabled KSM by default to improve performance
    * Fixed device always booting to recovery after rebooting to bootloader
    * Updated zRAM from kernel 3.14
    * Enabled hid-sony kernel driver for PS3 controller
    * Enabled hid-wiimote kernel driver for wiimote
    * New bootlogo by JovieBrett
    * Fixed video recording delay
    * Fixed Google maps flickering
    * Added landscape support in dialer & in-call UI (for Mini Pro/Pro)
    * Fixed custom cpu clocks & governor not persisting after reboot
    * Removed some unused SEMC audio code from kernel

Thanks to @Langes, we have some fresh builds rolling. Builds will appear in basketbuild alphabetically until tomorrow.
    FAQ

Frequently asked questions:

Check this wiki page
    Here's a status update:

- Rebased & cleaned up the new audio HAL
    - Some fixes ported from msm8660 audio HAL
    - Fix in audio HAL for VOIP apps like Skype and Line
    - Fixed coconut stereo speakers
    - Testing some changes from CAF jb_2.5.3 branch in frameworks/av related to LPA audio issues
    - Testing some camera changes again, should be the most stable we can have at the moment
    - Disabled 720p again. It's unstable and needs more testing. Will work on it again after the first ION build release
    - Testing change to fix "bootlogo appearing while in android" bug
    - Tested FM and made some additional changes but still don't get audio. Will work on it again after the first ION build release
    - Kernel: some interactive governor updates
    - Kernel: increase ION_MM size. Should fix out-of-memory issues with some apps like netflix

As usual, I push all my changes on github so you can test building.
    I would appreciate if you don't share any more home builds here, I will release some builds myself when some more bugs are ironed out.