FORUMS

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd January 2014, 09:58 PM |#1021  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85

More
The automation of com.parrot.ActiveSources at bootup is not 100% reliable for me. If I leave everything alone, the ActiveSources app is shown with the SD card highlighted. My script then sends one time DOWN and OK. This works fine. However, if I am in a hurry and start TomTom before ActiveSources shows up, it starts without anything highlighted. It then needs two times DOWN and OK. My script only sends one DOWN and then start music from the SD card. So I took another look at this part of the SCT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

I guess its ACU Home launcher is calling up the individual sources using Java instead of Android Intents.

It seems intents are used after all:
Code:
I/ActivityManager( 1393): Starting: Intent { act=com.parrot.mediaplayer cat=[android.intent.category.DEFAULT] flg=0x30020000 cmp=com.parrot.mediaplayer/.MediaPlayerActivity (has extras) } from pid 1719
W/WindowManager( 1393): lastAppName: HistoryRecord{409911a0 com.parrot.activesources/.ActiveSourcesActivity}
D/ActiveSourcesListView( 1719): getView() source=sourcename=SCT, type=SD card(5), subType=IPOD_UNKNOWN(0), connexType=removable, connexState=true, dbState=ready, state=ready
I/ActiveSourcesListView( 1719): SCT can browse MediaList
D/ActiveSourcesListView( 1719): getView() source=sourcename=INTENSO, type=USB(4), subType=IPOD_UNKNOWN(0), connexType=removable, connexState=true, dbState=ready, state=active
I/ActiveSourcesListView( 1719): INTENSO can browse MediaList
The tricky part however is getting the extras right. I am not sure if this can be done from a shell, but someone figured it out in Java. All I have to do now is learn how to compile java source code into an apk and I will make a dummy app that has the widgets from the custom Asteroid project.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB

7. the statusbar flashes with "title per artist", what language is "per", French? Why use "per"?

Ok, got it. Inside the com.parrot.audioservice.apk the file res/values-nl/strings.xml contains the line:
Code:
<string name="DISP_TEXT_MEDIA_STATUS_NOTIF_PLAYING_SONG_2_ARGUMENTS">Afspelen %1$s per %2$s</string>
This is obviously a bad translation job. Now where do I report this bug? My Volvo dealer?

Maybe I will just correct it, and replace the apk on my system .. if I am really brave.
4th January 2014, 09:17 AM |#1022  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
If you use the parrot audio system will it be able to play flac files and use ID3 tags of the flac?
4th January 2014, 04:17 PM |#1023  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

He is not talking about rebooting but using the boot recovery process to replace the system image that you botched by deleting libc.so file. Had the dealer's service technicians known how to access it then they could have reloaded the most current SCT.plf file, instead needing to swapping the hardware. (Although, I suspect someone higher up will want to triage the unit as to why it happened)

Honestly, I absolutely have no idea how you managed to make that mistake because I have a hard time intentionally doing it. But, I'm not here to judge.

Maybe use a USB Keyboard and use a terminal app instead? Anyways, if you use "adb shell" or a terminal app, here are the commands which presume that a copy of the file will be in root directory of the sdcard.

Code:
$ su
# remount.sh system-rw
# cp /mnt/sdcard/libvoicesearch.so /system/lib 
# chmod 644 /system/lib/libvoicesearch.so
If you want to use adb to copy the file to your sdcard, it would be "adb push {path/to/file/}libvoicesearch.so /mnt/sdcard"

Btw, I am (was) working on a new version of the cmd-frama-menu.zip which will actually run most of the commands in Linux, so it will have more error checking and less blind faith than the current menu.bat file. I'll be sure to add a some of the files mentioned in this thread, like libvoicesearch.so and com.parrot.ActiveSources.apk files. But, I'm kind of busy this past few holiday weeks and don't expect to have time to work on it and finish till some time in the new year.

For now the best wishes !

And many thax for the feedback.

Next thursday they swap the unit.
5th January 2014, 10:35 PM |#1024  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Which android app do you use to execute a bash script, for example rewhitelist.sh?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
5th January 2014, 10:46 PM |#1025  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavas

Which android app do you use to execute a bash script, for example rewhitelist.sh?

It depends on how you want to execute it. You can type it manually with a terminal app, like Terminal Emulator. You can also create a run shell script function in Tasker and even export it as a APK if you install Tasker App Factory. It can even be automated to execute based on the Tasker profile.
The Following User Says Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free
5th January 2014, 10:47 PM |#1026  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

It depends on how you want to execute it. You can type it manually with a terminal app, like Terminal Emulator. You can also create a run shell script function in Tasker and even export it as a APK if you install Tasker App Factory. It can even be automated to execute based on the Tasker profile.

Thanks!
I'll try to run it through Tasker.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 12:07 AM |#1027  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Anyone tested on 1.47.96 yet? Did the root work?
6th January 2014, 12:16 AM |#1028  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongwenxuan

Anyone tested on 1.47.96 yet? Did the root work?

Post# 934
6th January 2014, 03:52 AM |#1029  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Post# 934

Thanks! I did root tonight and it did work.

But I still have problem getting a new whitelist.xml to enable all the apps. And I failed to install Asteroid Tweaker too.

Any suggestion?
6th January 2014, 04:17 AM |#1030  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongwenxuan

Thanks! I did root tonight and it did work.

But I still have problem getting a new whitelist.xml to enable all the apps. And I failed to install Asteroid Tweaker too.

Any suggestion?

If you installed it using my menu.bat file then you probably installed rewhitelist.sh script as well. Just use that in a terminal app to add new apps to the whitelist.xml
6th January 2014, 01:32 PM |#1031  
Flag Regio Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Ok, after a period of doing - most - things because we can and less because we should, I stripped the system of all - unnecessary - apps, which I installed for the previous reasons. I found that the system eventually took longer and longer to fully boot to the point that it took more then two minutes. We have to keep in mind that the hardware is not so much up to date and therefore I believe the system became less reliable and stabile. Time to prioritize. Just a few smart apps remain like Google play Facebook (still takes up a lot of resources I guess), YouTube and Opera Mobile, but most are now drive related. That eventually the point. Also got rid of the 5 screens I had. Basically down to two screens. One with just a big analog clock, cornered by GPS meters (Speed and Odo), Small weather widget and a small time widget. And I have one main screen with a music widgets, BW weather widget and GPS speed widget And below I put all the apps in selective folders, so I don't have to swipe all the time which is a lot safer. So only two screens now!

The one app I hated to uninstall was Yahoo Weather. It looked so beautiful, but was doing nothing more then that. Looking beautiful..., once it fully loaded. You notice that more apps aren't designed for a device to boot every time. Same for my system. Once it was fully booted, there was little wrong with it! Maybe it's time to look for options to keep SCT alive longer, like the OBD method, so it uses little juice, but doesn't fully shutdown!

My main issues are (sort of) boot up time and the fact that this needs to happen every time I turn the ignition for small periods of time, like getting gas, Maybe it's also time to also have a look at some cache's I can delete regarding boot time! Any suggestions?

And the reason for me to want to root in the first place, the music player. Still hate that we get those audio hick-ups even if it is occasionally and only when a app starts or uses a lot of resources. luckily I don't use navigation much like some others, otherwise this could be a deal breaker. I know there is a perfectly good explanation for it to happen, but then I look at all the smartphones, new and old, that don't have this issue...

But hey, no real complaining here, still happy and love the options I got now. BTW Google street view is working nicely, Thanks for that!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)