[ROM][RAZR][XT910] Latam Final Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 [RSD Lite] --New

Search This thread

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
What do we have here?
This is the newest fastboot files for Latam Motorola Razr Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 available to be flashed with RSD Lite!.

This is not an OTA update but the official firmware for XT910 GSM Latam Devices to be flashed with RSD Lite.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE ENTIRE THREAD.

AFTER UPGRADING TO ICS YOU'LL NOT BE ABLE TO DOWNGRADE TO GB 2.3.6.

FLASHING THIS ROM WILL ERASE ALL YOUR INTERNAL DATA!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: But I'm already with the version 2.3.x or 4.0.x of Android for Latam devices, can I flash this?
R: Yes. This is the firmware of latest android version to Motorola Razr XT910 Latam to be flashed by RSD Lite, doesn't matter the version you are since it's a Latam device.

Q: Do I need to root my phone after instaling Ice Cream Sandwich?
R: Not really. You can root your device at any time.

Q: After flashing this I lost root, what should I do?
R: Root your device with EternityProject EasyRootICS

Q: By flashing this will I be able to get ota updates on system info?
R: Yes. When Motorola release an update you'll be able to receive it in your device.

Q: Is this version newer than ota v0.3?
R: No. This is te exactly same version of ota v0.3 you'll flash with RSD.

Q: Is this version compatible with my Motorola Razr Maxx?
R: Yes. But it's odd, some users reported wifi problems with this version on Razr Maxx. Kernel and Radio are the same but if you face wifi problems then update your Razr Maxx to 672.180.340

Q: There's any difference between the Retail.Br and carrier branded Firmwares?
R: Absulutely not. The system is exactly the same. But, if you like bloatware your carriers deliver then get a branded firmware.

New system info:

screenshot2012072019425.png

How-to flash this?

0. Install Motorola Drivers - Get it here (hint: uninstall others android devices drivers from PC)
1. Install RSD Lite >> Download here <<
2. Download and unzip the Fastboot Files (hint: save it to c:\razrics)

Choose the firmware you want. If you wanna a branded version then get b, c or d. If you wanna a Retail one, bloatware free and without logo, get a.

a. Retail Brasil ICS 4.0.4
b. Claro Brasil ICS 4.0.4
c. Tim Brasil ICS 4.0.4
d. Oi Brasil ICS 4.0.4

If you have a Motorola Razr Maxx and have wifi issue as explained on FAQ then get this: 672.180.340

3. Install Motorola Drivers - Download here (hint: uninstall others android devices drivers from PC)
4. Enable USB Debug (Config > Developer Options > USB debug)
5. Connect the phone to your PC as Media Sync - MTP (Change it after connect you phone to PC in Config > Storage > Media Sync)
6. Make sure you've charged your Razr to 100%
7. Run RSD Lite and open the .xml file on c:\razrics
8. Wait for a PASS message on RSD Lite (may take up to 30min) before disconnecting your phone.
9. Enjoy :good:

Notes

1. Root with EternityProject EasyROOTICS

2. Languages:

screen201205051503ubuh.png

Liked it? Press thanks button. You can also Buy me a Cold Beer!

Credits to the Firmware Team: Kent_lkc - Kwachu - daywalker04 - Pzyduck - Skrilax_CZ
Original Thread "Firmwares Brasil ICS 4.0.4 350 Builds Official"
And all the guys sharing experiences and knowledge @XDA

Last edited:

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Pedro, one question, now we have the Stock and the Vivo firmware. So we can flash it safely? I mean, can i flash the stock one over the one from Vivo and vice versa?

Thanks!

This one is newer and much better than Vivo, but you can move from vivo to retail to check it out.

Cheers

Can now someone plz port GNEXUS ROM??

Big thanx in advance!

I think we'll not have a Gnex port. Gnex lovers should buy Gnex, not Razr.

You have nice options anyway, like MIUI, CM9...

Cheers

circleofomega

Nov 27, 2009
Mumbai
This one is newer and much better than Vivo, but you can move from vivo to retail to check it out.

Cheers

Cheers

The thing is...I hate GNexus Hardware but in love with the freaking ICS...and love the Motorola hardware but not the biggest fan of MotoBlur.. that's y...anyways btw I love CM9 TOO!!

Sent from my RaZr NeXus.

Reactions: ninja1kava

andregms

Mar 19, 2012
And who is using the first OTA update, its safe to do this flash?
Thanks man and nice post!

jdz7t8

May 10, 2011
Absolutely. You can flash over any system you have now. If you're in GB 2.3.x you'll not be able to downgrade, but you'll be able to flash it again if you have any problem later! :good:

Cheers

Thanks. So does that mean when the official Rogers ICS upgrade comes I will be able to flash to that? Hopefully somebody on XDA will have it. Anyway I'm going to flash now. Only one problem. I have Final Fantasy III and I have gotten pretty far in it. Can I somehow transfer the save file to ICS? Also can I get root on this version of Ice Cream Sandwich? Also can I backup all my current apps with Titanium Backup and use Titanium Backup to reinstall them on ICS?

Last edited:

ricardofago

Nov 3, 2010
Brasília
Just got my RAZR back from Motorola's repair service today. They told me my battery was replaced... Not a single shutdown up to now. I flashed this fastboot earlier and I must say... It's way better than the first LATAM OTA. Not many visible differences, but pretty stable. Battery lifetime also seems a lot better, but I'm not sure if it's due to new hardware or new system :victory:.
Oh, this fastboot doesn't erase personal data, but a few apps stopped working after flashing, like PowerAMP and Titanium Backup. Personal settings and most of user apps kept running fine, in the other hand, and root works easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: theZest

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks. So does that mean when the official Rogers ICS upgrade comes I will be able to flash to that? Hopefully somebody on XDA will have it. Anyway I'm going to flash now. Only one problem. I have Final Fantasy III and I have gotten pretty far in it. Can I somehow transfer the save file to ICS? Also can I get root on this version of Ice Cream Sandwich? Also can I backup all my current apps with Titanium Backup and use Titanium Backup to reinstall them on ICS?

Hi!

There's an OTA file for rogers actually and you can update with that.

This is the Rogers OTA thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1735746

And yes, you can get root with our script and recover your apps later. I preffer mybackup pro, I think its easier to recover my data. (calls, sms, calendar, apps, music...). Some of the apps (rarely) will not work on ICS, like some gameloft games.

Cheers

Just got my RAZR back from Motorola's repair service today. They told me my battery was replaced... Not a single shutdown up to now. I flashed this fastboot earlier and I must say... It's way better than the first LATAM OTA. Not many visible differences, but pretty stable. Battery lifetime also seems a lot better, but I'm not sure if it's due to new hardware or new system :victory:.

Well, I think is some kinda placebo effect this system is exactly the same as the OTA but installed another way. Anyway. You got a new system and a new device, and this is nice!

Cheers

Reactions: jdz7t8

ricardofago

Nov 3, 2010
Brasília
Well, I think is some kinda placebo effect this system is exactly the same as the OTA but installed another way. Anyway. You got a new system and a new device, and this is nice!
Cheers

Yeah, but I was using the older OTA (P023), and flashed this fastboot that's supposed to be a newer build (P024)... I'm not sure about differences and the new battery surely helps a lot, but it really feels smoother and I'm not getting signal drops anymore. Nevermind, I'm really glad, we got the fastboot files way earlier than I thought it would be... Feels like freedom to me :highfive:.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Yeah, but I was using the older OTA (P023), and flashed this fastboot that's supposed to be a newer build (P024)... I'm not sure about differences and the new battery surely helps a lot, but it really feels smoother and I'm not getting signal drops anymore. Nevermind, I'm really glad, we got the fastboot files way earlier than I thought it would be... Feels like freedom to me :highfive:.

Oh! I see. well, there's a huge difference between the first and second build of ICS actually. They main improvement I think is the new kernel. Now you have a really nice system/hardware combination.

Cheers

I need help! OK I flashed to ICS from Gingerbread but I forgot to do a factory reset first. So it installed ICS however all my apps and setting were kept. I decided to do a factory reset. Did that. Now I want to re-flash ICS, however RSD Lite is not reading my phone. I have it connected as media device and usb debugging is enabled. Is it because I am not rooted? If so, how do I root ICS?

This have nothing to do with root. I think you've a connection problem. try changing usb port

Cheers

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
Question, I flashed with RSD Lite to Final Retail.BR Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4. So now i want to flash to this Rogers rom, can I just flash it with RSD Lite again over the Final Retail.BR Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4?

We dont have rogers fastboot so you cant flash it with rsd lite

Cheers

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

Reactions: seangtz and jdz7t8

jdz7t8

May 10, 2011
We dont have rogers fastboot so you cant flash it with rsd lite

Cheers

The problem is that other method described is very technical. Patching files etc. I dunno how to do that. And the Final Retail.BR Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 doesn't allow me to surf the internet on 3g, it only lets me surf on WIFI.When I try to surf on 3G it says no network connection.

These are the instructions:

Copy the OTA file from OP to the sdcard-ext [so I guess I just put this on my SD cardso "/SD card/"]
Reboot in Fastboot [not sure how to do this]
Flash the base system image [not sure how to do this]
Flash the patched boot file [not sure how to do this]
[OPTIONAL] Flash the patched recovery file [not sure how to do this]
Reboot in Recovery [not sure how to do this]
Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik in Recovery [not sure how to do this]
Flash OTA thru Recovery [not sure how to do this]

Last edited:

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
The problem is that other method described is very technical. Patching files etc. I dunno how to do that. And the Final Retail.BR Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 doesn't allow me to surf the internet on 3g, it only lets me surf on WIFI.When I try to surf on 3G it says no network connection.

These are the instructions:

Copy the OTA file from OP to the sdcard-ext [so I guess I just put this on my SD cardso "/SD card/"]
Reboot in Fastboot [not sure how to do this]
Flash the base system image [not sure how to do this]
Flash the patched boot file [not sure how to do this]
[OPTIONAL] Flash the patched recovery file [not sure how to do this]
Reboot in Recovery [not sure how to do this]
Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik in Recovery [not sure how to do this]
Flash OTA thru Recovery [not sure how to do this]

3G works to rogers razr. The ota flash procedure seems far beyond your knowledge. Maybe flashing retail.br again will correctly set you apns.

I did a tutorial for this setup since others rogers users complained the same

Please, take a look on these settings first
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1729645

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What do we have here?
    This is the newest fastboot files for Latam Motorola Razr Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 available to be flashed with RSD Lite!.

This is not an OTA update but the official firmware for XT910 GSM Latam Devices to be flashed with RSD Lite.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE ENTIRE THREAD.

AFTER UPGRADING TO ICS YOU'LL NOT BE ABLE TO DOWNGRADE TO GB 2.3.6.

FLASHING THIS ROM WILL ERASE ALL YOUR INTERNAL DATA!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: But I'm already with the version 2.3.x or 4.0.x of Android for Latam devices, can I flash this?
    R: Yes. This is the firmware of latest android version to Motorola Razr XT910 Latam to be flashed by RSD Lite, doesn't matter the version you are since it's a Latam device.

Q: Do I need to root my phone after instaling Ice Cream Sandwich?
    R: Not really. You can root your device at any time.

Q: After flashing this I lost root, what should I do?
    R: Root your device with EternityProject EasyRootICS

Q: By flashing this will I be able to get ota updates on system info?
    R: Yes. When Motorola release an update you'll be able to receive it in your device.

Q: Is this version newer than ota v0.3?
    R: No. This is te exactly same version of ota v0.3 you'll flash with RSD.

Q: Is this version compatible with my Motorola Razr Maxx?
    R: Yes. But it's odd, some users reported wifi problems with this version on Razr Maxx. Kernel and Radio are the same but if you face wifi problems then update your Razr Maxx to 672.180.340

Q: There's any difference between the Retail.Br and carrier branded Firmwares?
    R: Absulutely not. The system is exactly the same. But, if you like bloatware your carriers deliver then get a branded firmware.

New system info:

How-to flash this?

0. Install Motorola Drivers - Get it here (hint: uninstall others android devices drivers from PC)
    1. Install RSD Lite >> Download here <<
    2. Download and unzip the Fastboot Files (hint: save it to c:\razrics)

Choose the firmware you want. If you wanna a branded version then get b, c or d. If you wanna a Retail one, bloatware free and without logo, get a.

a. Retail Brasil ICS 4.0.4
    b. Claro Brasil ICS 4.0.4
    c. Tim Brasil ICS 4.0.4
    d. Oi Brasil ICS 4.0.4

If you have a Motorola Razr Maxx and have wifi issue as explained on FAQ then get this: 672.180.340

3. Install Motorola Drivers - Download here (hint: uninstall others android devices drivers from PC)
    4. Enable USB Debug (Config > Developer Options > USB debug)
    5. Connect the phone to your PC as Media Sync - MTP (Change it after connect you phone to PC in Config > Storage > Media Sync)
    6. Make sure you've charged your Razr to 100%
    7. Run RSD Lite and open the .xml file on c:\razrics
    8. Wait for a PASS message on RSD Lite (may take up to 30min) before disconnecting your phone.
    9. Enjoy :good:

Notes

1. Root with EternityProject EasyROOTICS

2. Languages:

screen201205051503ubuh.png

Liked it? Press thanks button. You can also Buy me a Cold Beer!

Credits to the Firmware Team: Kent_lkc - Kwachu - daywalker04 - Pzyduck - Skrilax_CZ
    Original Thread "Firmwares Brasil ICS 4.0.4 350 Builds Official"
    And all the guys sharing experiences and knowledge @XDA
    Pedro, one question, now we have the Stock and the Vivo firmware. So we can flash it safely? I mean, can i flash the stock one over the one from Vivo and vice versa?

Thanks!

Cheers

Can now someone plz port GNEXUS ROM??

Big thanx in advance!

Cheers
    Hello all,

My friend has a RAZR with original 2.3.5 firmware. He wanted to update to 4.0.4 without wiping/reset factory using RSD lite. Someone already tried this? There is some problem? All the apps/sms will be intact? He has fear to lost his apps and don't trust so much in backups apps like titanium backup.

Thanks

Yes. It's possible. Data will not be touched if he do not wipe. but I'd like to recomend an app called mybackup pro to make a safe data backup, just in case.

Cheers

--Edit--
    I've sucessfully flashed this version to Razr Maxx and wifi issue I was getting with the OTA version didn't came out. It's running flawless now
    will this work with Rogers RAZR phones in Canada?

Absolutely. You can flash over any system you have now. If you're in GB 2.3.x you'll not be able to downgrade, but you'll be able to flash it again if you have any problem later! :good:

Cheers

Thanks!