[HTC Desire] Stuck at htc logo with 4 triangles at the corners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aaronkatrini

Feb 20, 2012
rome, italy
Hello everybody, I've been searching for a solution to this for a while now. Searching all over this forum and other forums. Google advanced searchs didn't help me neither. :( Please I would be very grateful if you could give me a start line.
I've ended up with a Htc desire of which I don't know the background since wasnt mine. the only thing i found out (when unplug from pc) :

AlphaRev CM7 r2
Bravo PVT3 ship S-OFF
Hboot - 6.93.1002
Microp - 051d
Touch panel - Synt0101
Radio - 5.17.05.23
Aug 10 2010, 17:52:18

The cell phone is GSM of no mobile operator.
Please can you tell me if my phone is bricked? is there any chance for recovery? Thank you so much !! :)

aaronkatrini

Feb 20, 2012
rome, italy

excuse me again , but i im stuck.. :(
i presumed my problem was at the section [4]RUU PROBLEMS
(since there was the htc logo problem with four /!\ )
ok, i followed thes steps:
went to alpharev.nl and downloaded the stock .img
downloaded and installed the android flasher.. i turned on the desire with the htc logo and the four triangles , choose the bootloader and i hit the Flash! button. but nothing.. nothing happens on the phone.. and android flasher just keeps hanging with the progressbar not moving. what am i doing wrong??

777ace

Mar 1, 2011
Cairns
Are you sure you used search??

Go back to alpharev and download the file PB99IMG_stock. Rename this as PB99IMG.zip and place onto your SD card. Reboot phone with VolDn + Pwr and wait until you see "Do you want to install update?" (or something like that) and select "yes".

You will find this guide posted many times on this forum and it's not hard to locate...

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I guess what the op need is to flash the hboot_downgrader first then only run the ruu. It should works.

Flashing the stock_hboot from alpharev will make no different because that is not the original stock hboot but the locked bravo_alphaspl.img with 147mb/data and the original stock hboot from htc is 148mb/data.

As mentioned in Alpharev website:

"Downgrade protection, these HBOOTs cannot be overwritten by an OTA or RUU, unless you flash a downgrader HBOOT first."

So flash downgrader hboot then run RUU.

Reactions: aaronkatrini

aaronkatrini

Feb 20, 2012
rome, italy
Are you sure you used search??

Go back to alpharev and download the file PB99IMG_stock. Rename this as PB99IMG.zip and place onto your SD card. Reboot phone with VolDn + Pwr and wait until you see "Do you want to install update?" (or something like that) and select "yes".

You will find this guide posted many times on this forum and it's not hard to locate...
Indeed sir, i found this guide but isn't working for me. I downloaded the PB99IMG_stock.zip , renamed to PB99IMG.zip and copied to the root of SD card. I tried tto powr + voldown but nothing.. just brings up the htc logo with the four triangles at the edges. :(

aaronkatrini

Feb 20, 2012
rome, italy
I guess what the op need is to flash the hboot_downgrader first then only run the ruu. It should works.

Flashing the stock_hboot from alpharev will make no different because that is not the original stock hboot but the locked bravo_alphaspl.img with 147mb/data and the original stock hboot from htc is 148mb/data.

"Downgrade protection, these HBOOTs cannot be overwritten by an OTA or RUU, unless you flash a downgrader HBOOT first."

I've tried with the android flasher this method but with no luck. should i
go with the .iso file burn it and run it to change the hboot.
(one more thing. i don't find 147/148 mb data on the bravo_xxx.img they're only a few kb :/ )

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Never use android flasher so not sure about it. Try fastboot commander but do not use bravo_alphaspl.img, use bravo_downgrade img. After flashing it, run ruu.

(one more thing. i don't find 147/148 mb data on the bravo_xxx.img they're only a few kb :/ )

hboot.img that you flash will change the nand partition layout. So flashing an alpharev stock hboot will change the nand partition to 147mb for data, 250mb for system and 40mb for cache. 147/148mb is not the size of hboot.

Your problem here is the RUU cannot write a new partition to nand because of the locked alpharev hboot, that is why you need to flash the bravo_downgrade.img to unlock the hboot then when you run ruu, it can write new partition layout to nand.

Last edited:
Reactions: aaronkatrini

aaronkatrini

Feb 20, 2012
rome, italy
Your problem here is the RUU cannot write a new partition to nand because of the locked alpharev hboot, that is why you need to flash the bravo_downgrade.img to unlock the hboot then when you run ruu, it can write new partition layout to nand.

Very informative answer :) .. but for some odd reason i cannot get to downgrade the hboot.
1.Downloaded and installed the Fastboot commander 1.51
2.Downloaded the bravo_downgrade.img from alpharev.nl
3.switched on the desire (whith the htc logo and four triangles) and connected to pc
4. opened the fastboot commander and on the "hboot radio & rec" tab.. on the hboot/spl i chose the bravo_downgrade.img and then "flash spl"
5.it says waiting for flashing and than it fails without showing any reason
what am i doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The solution is in this sticky thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=17829936

Guess you didn't search that hard?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Never use android flasher so not sure about it. Try fastboot commander but do not use bravo_alphaspl.img, use bravo_downgrade img. After flashing it, run ruu.

hboot.img that you flash will change the nand partition layout. So flashing an alpharev stock hboot will change the nand partition to 147mb for data, 250mb for system and 40mb for cache. 147/148mb is not the size of hboot.

In your pc device manager (assuming you're on windows), is the Android USB Devices show My HTC ?

Here is the driver if needed http://rapidshare.com/files/431644974/Usb-Drivers-Android.rar (link taken from fastboot commander thread).