Anybody else using one of the HTC blue or orange plastic cases?

Search This thread

phositadc

May 7, 2010
One of the cases as shown here: www.theunwired.net/?item=photoview-hands-on-with-htc-s-design-cases-for-the-htc-one-x

Anybody else using one? I dropped by an AT&T store today and picked one up. First of all, $30 is utterly ridiculous for a thin, flimsy piece of plastic. It is indeed a perfect fit, and it adds almost no bulk. I have two concerns though:

1) It is so thin that it does not protrude past the camera bulge, so even with this case on, the camera bulge will be touching whatever surface the camera is lying on.

2) Other concern, also related to its thinness, is whether this thing provides any benefit whatsoever. It's so ridiculously thin that it just doesn't seem to offer any protection. I guess it protects the matte back surface of the phone itself from fingerprints/smudges/etc. But it would seem to provide little to zero impact protection.

On the whole, I'm not sure what I think about it. Looks decent, fits perfectly, but doesn't protect the camera and might not provide any protection whatsoever for anything because it's so thin. If it were $10 or $15, tha'd be one thing -- but for $30, I'm leaning towards thinking this thing isn't worth it.

It seems to be a good choice for those people that really hate cases because of the added bulk, but nevertheless need the mental satisfaction that they are at least doing something to protect the phone.

Other thoughts?

Edit: I will also add that, as compared to the naked phone, the case blocks access to the power button ever so slightly. Still pretty easy to push, though, so not a major negative.

Last edited:
R

Red5

IMO those cheap orange/blue cases are just for a splash of color. They add no additional protection to the phone, screen or camera lens.

I havent found which case Im going with, but it wont be one of those cheap thin neon ones.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
It's basically a vanity cover LOL. I have one for two reasons only; to make it less slippery in the hand and to protect the back side from scratches.

I didn't like the case selection in the AT&T store at the time I picked up the phone so I went with the blue HTC thin case just to have something on there. The camera bulge not being protected is a concern, it would have been nice if they could have somehow addressed that with this thin case. The glass protecting the lens is recessed a little such that it will not contact flat surfaces when the phone is placed backside down but eventually I'm sure the plastic silver ring will show signs of wear (wouldn't be surprised if it's painted and the paint wears through).

I'm waiting to see what other cases Otterbox comes up with. I may go with a Defender series but would like to see it in other colors.

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
I doubt it'll protect the back from scratches. The bands will probably catch dirt between them and the body.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
We have 2 threads in this forum with pics of the blue case. I have one and really like it. It doesn't offer much in the way of drop protection, but doesn't add any extra bulk to the phone either. As far as dust getting under the bands, I doubt that will be a problem. The case fits extremely tight.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Tankmetal

Jul 26, 2010
I'm going caseless until I find one I like. The first drop will devistate me mentally.

jklitten

Dec 17, 2011
Picked one up today. It's exactly what I was looking for. I think this will keep the corners from denting if dropped, and it will certainly protect the back from damage.

There's little-to-no shock absorption, but I think it will offer protection against minor drops, much like Incipio's famous feather.

R

Red5

Picked one up today. It's exactly what I was looking for. I think this will keep the corners from denting if dropped, and it will certainly protect the back from damage.

There's little-to-no shock absorption, but I think it will offer protection against minor drops, much like Incipio's famous feather.
Well which one is it and where did you get it???

roltzje

Mar 3, 2012
Picked up the blue one today. Yea its hard to justify it.. I paid $20 for it since I'm on premier, but it's still too much. Really only worth $5... but you pay for the name and design/quality.

I do see use to it, however I might return it because sometimes I feel like I need stronger protection.

Pros:
The case is so thin that its negligible
Protects the corners and edges during a drop
Protects the back from being worn and losing the matte finish from your hands or sliding on a desk

Cons:
Doesnt protect screen from impact
Doesnt protect from getting scratched in a pocket
Expensive

As far as protecting the camera, it would take a fairly thick case to do that.

AITT

Sep 1, 2010
Longhorns Texas
I picked up the orange one. I like the gray and orange contrast with a gray and orange wallpaper. It simpley for cosemetic looks than protection. I saw on AT&T website they have a red gel case I'm interested but might look on Amazon. I had the candy case they had but they so hard to snap on / off, I'm concerned I'll break the phone taking it off.

txmade

Mar 13, 2012
I have the orange, it's ok. It makes the back of the phone very slippery, it's hard to hold with hand.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

thatg

Mar 18, 2007
Nyc
Picked up the blue one today. Yea its hard to justify it.. I paid $20 for it since I'm on premier, but it's still too much. Really only worth $5... but you pay for the name and design/quality.

I do see use to it, however I might return it because sometimes I feel like I need stronger protection.

Pros:
The case is so thin that its negligible
Protects the corners and edges during a drop
Protects the back from being worn and losing the matte finish from your hands or sliding on a desk

Cons:
Doesnt protect screen from impact
Doesnt protect from getting scratched in a pocket
Expensive

As far as protecting the camera, it would take a fairly thick case to do that.

What's a premier account. Will a fan discount get me the case for $20?

Vocalshock

May 14, 2012
Go to the At&t store and get the Zagg for the whole phone. You can protect the back with that so you don't have the worry about the spaces in the case. Then get an egrips for the back and you have it covered for grip. The crystal clear egrip looks really good on the back.

Aldiggi

Apr 17, 2009
NYC
Had to return it cause its so thin and delicate it started cracking.

dylando808

Apr 3, 2012
Hawaii, USA
I'm using the blue one currently. I like how minimalistic it is. Even through Barely There cases was a bit bulky on the One X

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA