How the Wing *should* have looked....

Search This thread

toadlife

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2008
Lemoore, CA
I recently gave my Wing a makeover. New screen and new complete Black housing and buttons.

Check it out!

Wing_Black_01.jpg

Wing_Black_02.jpg

Wing_Black_03.jpg
Wing_Black_04.jpg

A warning though. Replacing the housing is not for the weak of heart, especially if you replace the middle part, which I did. Transferring all of the buttons and other misc tiny parts was a bear!

toadlife

Aug 19, 2008
Lemoore, CA
yea im glad u posted this. i saw ur signatur pic. on a scale 1to10 how hard was it. and where and how much was the change? im tempted 2 do this

The black enclosure + buttons was $50 on E-Bay. I've seen enclosures sell for up to $80 so you have to shop around a bit. It''s not too hard to replace just the back and front cover, but replacing the middle is really hard. You can go without replacing the middle part as it is already black. You have to completely disassemble the phone to replace the front cover as it is screwed bolted on from the inside.

There are videos that show how to disassemble the wing on youtube.

kristopherson

Oct 4, 2008
Canton, Michigan
I recently gave my Wing a makeover. New screen and new complete Black housing and buttons.

Check it out!

Wing_Black_01.jpg

Wing_Black_02.jpg

Wing_Black_03.jpg
Wing_Black_04.jpg

A warning though. Replacing the housing is not for the weak of heart, especially if you replace the middle part, which I did. Transferring all of the buttons and other misc tiny parts was a bear!

WOW! I love the chrome accents and buttons. I replaced my housing completely about 6 months ago and it was a mutha... but worth it. I wish I'd seen the chrome buttons before tho... It looks... dare I say... Sexy!

hypertek

Oct 25, 2006
wow looks great, brings more life back into the phone since its kinda aging.. too bad it cant make it slimmer lol.

hypertek

Oct 25, 2006
hey do you usually keep the phone naked or you have a case on it? i know i rock a case and it does add a lil bulk to it.

toadlife

Aug 19, 2008
Lemoore, CA
Toadlife? what happened to your wing? Why does your sig say that?

It died. It will load the bootloader, but won't flash the OS. My phone is bricked.

After doing a bit of research, I'm pretty sure it's an unfixable hardware error.

I get an "error [322] invalid command" when I try to flash, and in searching I've found no record of anyone recovering from that error.

WhatzinyourphonE

Jan 24, 2008
kansas city, kansas
Wow, just goes to show. As easy as it is to flash, its still a very risky thing to miss with. sorry to hear that. Just one more reason to get the TP2 rite!!! Naw but hope u find a replacement.

toadlife

Aug 19, 2008
Lemoore, CA
Man thats suxz mine doesnt even turn on anymore

You might have the same problem I have.

Try this:

Plug the phone into the charger or USB cable (in case your battery is dead)
Press the power button and hold in the camera button.
If you phone doesn't go into the boot loader, press the rest button while continuing to hold in the power button.

I thought my phone wouldn't turn on either, but later discovered that I could get into the boot loader - not that it helped me! :mad:

Dr.Gonz0

May 21, 2007

Check it out!

Wing_Black_01.jpg

Wing_Black_02.jpg

Wing_Black_03.jpg
Wing_Black_04.jpg

Funny thing is my wing is so heavily used the casing is practically black. The chrome buttons look pretty dope :)

akademik_acheeba

Jan 19, 2009
New York
It died. It will load the bootloader, but won't flash the OS. My phone is bricked.

After doing a bit of research, I'm pretty sure it's an unfixable hardware error.

I get an "error [322] invalid command" when I try to flash, and in searching I've found no record of anyone recovering from that error.

whats up man? great work on your final ava rom :D . i had a problem with getting stuck in bootloader awhile ago(not off your rom). i was installing new apps when it just suddenly shut off and went to bootloader. did you try holding both softkeys and poke the reset button(external hard reset)? worked for me and i hope it does for you! :cool:

toadlife

Aug 19, 2008
Lemoore, CA

whats up man? great work on your final ava rom :D . i had a problem with getting stuck in bootloader awhile ago(not off your rom). i was installing new apps when it just suddenly shut off and went to bootloader. did you try holding both softkeys and poke the reset button(external hard reset)? worked for me and i hope it does for you! :cool:

Nope an external hardware reset resulted in some weird error. I never got my Wing to work again. That reminds me - I need to put in on ebay for parts. It's got a brand new screen and that nice black enclosure.