Known ROMs with working phone mic?

Search This thread
Nov 4, 2013
Are there any known 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs with working phone mic?

I've used CM 10.2 Stable (4.3) and Carbon Rom (4.4.2). Both work great, the only issue is that the headset is not usable for calls (low mic output). My solution for now is using the earbud/mic, but I'm curious to know if anyone has made progress on this. Aside from this, the various ROMs are near perfect for my needs.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the details of writing ROMs, but would any type of source code release from LG help developers solve this? Curious to know what the main hurdles are for the devs and what tools they need.

Thanks.

Neroga

Feb 7, 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
Wish I could tell ya but I don't have a headset with a mic. I'd say give AICP a try since it uses AOKP sources instead of CM. Might give ya a better outcome.

Sent from my AICP 4.4 LG-E980

Nov 4, 2013
Now that mid March has come around, has anyone had any good luck with a working in call microphone?

I was previously using several 4.4.2 Builds however, the need for a working phone mic was too critical for daily usage.

I'm using a 4.3 build (Slim Bean) which I believe is the only one with a working phone. The build is an unofficial beta and the only real issues are lack of microSD function, FC on Google Drive, and a few freezes here and there. Overall it's usable for my needs but would like to get back onto 4.4.2 granted the phone mic works.

Any suggestions/advice would be great. Thanks!

ja.andro

Oct 21, 2013
Now that mid March has come around, has anyone had any good luck with a working in call microphone?

I was previously using several 4.4.2 Builds however, the need for a working phone mic was too critical for daily usage.

I'm using a 4.3 build (Slim Bean) which I believe is the only one with a working phone. The build is an unofficial beta and the only real issues are lack of microSD function, FC on Google Drive, and a few freezes here and there. Overall it's usable for my needs but would like to get back onto 4.4.2 granted the phone mic works.

Any suggestions/advice would be great. Thanks!

I don't know much, plus i am still on stock but i will suggest you to ask your query and issues on particular custom ROM posts. i have seen people getting response faster and if in case there is a bug, high chances that developer of that particular ROM can fix it :thumbup::)

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app

Nov 4, 2013
I don't know much, plus i am still on stock but i will suggest you to ask your query and issues on particular custom ROM posts. i have seen people getting response faster and if in case there is a bug, high chances that developer of that particular ROM can fix it :thumbup::)

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app

Thanks. I ask because this is a problem has existed on all known roms since 4.3.1 for the E980 on ATT. Never been able to get a straight answer anywhere so I figure I would generically post it. I have reached out to some devs but not luck.

Nov 4, 2013
Any success on your searching?

---
Here is a manual fix for the in call mic from JustinNL on XDA:

Step 1:
download a "build.prop editor app", I used: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor

Step 2:
Modify these 2 specs in the build prop editor

persist.audio.handset.mic.type=digital --> replace digital with analog
persist.audio.dualmic.config=endfire -- replace endfire with false

Since i changed it i haven't had any complaints so far but flashing to new nightly makes it revert again, keep that in mind."

Been working great for myself and others.

thureos

Mar 10, 2011
---
Here is a manual fix for the in call mic from JustinNL on XDA:

Step 1:
download a "build.prop editor app", I used: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor

Step 2:
Modify these 2 specs in the build prop editor

persist.audio.handset.mic.type=digital --> replace digital with analog
persist.audio.dualmic.config=endfire -- replace endfire with false

Since i changed it i haven't had any complaints so far but flashing to new nightly makes it revert again, keep that in mind."

Been working great for myself and others.
I saw that solution but I went back to rooted and debloated stock, I am very pleased with speed and stability.

Thanks

vinniemac84

Sep 30, 2012
Modesto
www.facebook.com
i've made the edits suggested on that post and still get the same issue...i dont remember having this issue before but i thnk youre right and the previous roms werent 4.4...oh well i live on the phone for work so back to stock for me. for now i guess...wanting a new phone anyways, hope we get the g pro 2 or g3 soon