[Mockup Theme] Dream by giannisgx89 - UPDATE: New Parts & 11 PSD files!!! [12/5/2011]

Search This thread

pele78

Oct 5, 2010
Cambridgeshire, England
something special about him :)

we all want to help him pull this off ;)

.....Possibly a new page in the life of i9000 themes - Themers opening arms helping one another ;)

kouklakis

Mar 25, 2009
Volos
Πολυ καλη δουλεια φιλε συνεχισε ετσι!!!!
Great job pal go on like this!!

mucinch

Nov 30, 2010
Looks awesome!!! Personally, the only flaw is in the status bar pull down, the notification icon's yellow glow looks slightly tacky. The same color shade from the battery indicator would be fantastic.

giannisgx89

Oct 3, 2010
Siegburg
Thank you all guys very much!!! :)

Today i made start and i wanted to port some images and i found it that it is not very easy to replace over 1000 images!
So i'll start to share with you all the PSD files with all of my concepts and together we could try to give a completely new look for android and our galaxy s ;)

After i finish 2 more concepts (contacts and statusbar icons) i'll share the PSD files here on the OP!

Here is how a new launcher will look like in the app drawer state:

t9feyc.jpg

Last edited:

SilverMist1

Jan 8, 2011
istanbul
not to mention hour spent on XML editing ;)

as i understand he must take help about xml editing. he states that he is not a themer, he just designs the images to skin programs. but apart from the launcher it must not be so hard to achive the skinning with a little help from an experienced themer. because the layout of the original apps are intact. crysis, your last theme must obviously needed more time and hard work because you changed the original layout of the apps a lot and you managed to port it to jhv like in 2-3 days or something. so after all the pngs are done this can be ported with one days hard work by taking help from themers.

hackeron

Jan 23, 2011
Would be awsome if some themer/themers would take on this project.

Last edited:

VexMunja

Mar 9, 2010
And now what? You give up jut like that???:( I can not belive... Started to make the most beautifull theme and just stopped... :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Mockup Theme] Dream by giannisgx89 - UPDATE: New Parts & 11 PSD files!!! [12/5/2011]

Hello guys! :)

Recently i've been working on a new theme with HQ graphics and some inspiration of miui and ios for my galaxy s and the
    theme looks like this:

DOWNLOAD the PSD files here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1070889&page=6
    See the 53 post!!!

UPDATE: 10/5/2011

New graphical parts,
    Redesigned the lockscreen,
    Added file explorer
    Fix minor glitches on music player
    New camera design!
    New USB storage
    New messages

... and soon a new Launcher Concept will come! ;)

33lnk00.jpg

nzhuhf.jpg

34dl7as.png

2nali6p.jpg

t9feyc.jpg

Actually this is only a mockup and as i'm don't know how to make it work, if anyone
    wants to help me with this theme it would be nice! :)
    I would like to design this theme based on android menus etc. but with way better graphics.

Also of course i'll design all the graphical parts for the theme and i'm going to make it very professional!

So tell me what do you think? :)
    Here guys you can download 11 PSD files for all my conecpts. :)
    Fell free to use them as you like cause i found it very difficult to start porting the images!
    Thanks!

I will design contacts and all the other missing element of the theme for sure! :)
    Once i'll complete the whole concept then i'll start porting it (hope it won't be SOdifficult).
    Hey thanks guys i'm glad that you like it :)
    As "tt0204" said for someone like me who don't know how to theme from where should i start?

Also i know that some parts are not images and they can be modified via .xml file but lets first start with the basics :p

your on right track already grab a rom kitchen rom wipe and non wipe of ur preferred base.

you have two folders to work with ( lets say 2.2.1 roms ) - open the zip:

navigate to system/framework/drawable-hdpi-v4 or drawable-hdpi

for frameworks and twframeworks

thats were you start with the images you will gradually get to know what is what after about 100 flashes :)
    your on right track already grab a rom kitchen rom wipe and non wipe of ur preferred base.

you have two folders to work with ( lets say 2.2.1 roms ) - open the zip:

navigate to system/framework/drawable-hdpi-v4 or drawable-hdpi

for frameworks and twframeworks

thats were you start with the images you will gradually get to know what is what after about 100 flashes :)

Thank you :)
    I'll start right away!

Also i would like to ask if my current mockup is possible to implement into a real rom (every part of it) ?