***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Search This thread

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
If I have a tmobile note2 unlocked to use on AT&T and want to root and install Roms will it break the unlock? Where I have to have it unlocked again? I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find an answer except on really old phones.

No once its unlocked its unlocked. Unlocking and rooting/installing ROMs are 2 different things.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

phdeez

Jul 3, 2008
Orlando
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but why can't I roam over to ATT? I have a Tmo value plan (post-paid unlimited) and when I'm in my companies datacenter, my Tmo connection is very poor- to the point where I miss calls and texts sometimes don't come through. I try manually choosing ATT from the provider list but it reports "not registered".

Am I doing something wrong? I should be able to roam over to ATT, right??

Settings-More Settings-Mobile Settings-Data Roaming (check).

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Seems like that is for Data only, right? Is there any way to *force* it over to ATT for a short period of time? I really don't even need data on ATT most of the time.

Also, is there a way to force it to use 2G? I know about the force WCDMA/GSM... Just wondering...

Also, thank you for your response!

...Awesome...

Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
Seems like that is for Data only, right? Is there any way to *force* it over to ATT for a short period of time? I really don't even need data on ATT most of the time.

Also, is there a way to force it to use 2G? I know about the force WCDMA/GSM... Just wondering...

Also, thank you for your response!

Depending in what ROM your on or you can also find apps in the Play store to use a 2G/3G toggle to force those settings.

...Awesome...

Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
Hello Awesome, great thread.

I was wondering if whatllitbenext could just get a usb jig to get into download mode and then Odin flash a stock ROM to fix the phone?

Try and get into download mode without the jig? Not possible?

Entering download mode is very simple. First you will need to turn off your device. Once it’s off, you need to press this button combination: volume down, power button and home button. Keep them pressed until the download mode shows up. Once you’re there, you will be requires to press volume up to enter the download mode..

If you can using Odin to flash a stock firmware might work.

whatllitbenext

Mar 20, 2011
Try and get into download mode without the jig? Not possible?

Entering download mode is very simple. First you will need to turn off your device. Once it’s off, you need to press this button combination: volume down, power button and home button. Keep them pressed until the download mode shows up. Once you’re there, you will be requires to press volume up to enter the download mode..

If you can using Odin to flash a stock firmware might work.

Hi Awesome --

ok, thanks.

I was able to get Odin to work and connect to the phone and flash stock and I got a "PASS".

However it's still getting stuck at the Samsung screen.

Do I need to change bootloader settings?

ridobe

Dec 20, 2010
Westfield, In.
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hi Awesome --

ok, thanks.

I was able to get Odin to work and connect to the phone and flash stock and I got a "PASS".

However it's still getting stuck at the Samsung screen.

Do I need to change bootloader settings?

Is it stuck at the samsung screen or in a bootloop? I happen to be in the same position. All I tried to do is odin the latest update to get back to stock.

edit: I booted into the stock recovery, did a factory reset and rebooted. Profit.

Last edited:
Reactions: whatllitbenext

whatllitbenext

Mar 20, 2011
Is it stuck at the samsung screen or in a bootloop? I happen to be in the same position. All I tried to do is odin the latest update to get back to stock.

edit: I booted into the stock recovery, did a factory reset and rebooted. Profit.

Thanks for the reply.

I've been doing that to no avail.

Still stuck at the Samsung screen.

I have tried flashing both the secure and insecure versions that come with Odin to no avail.

HELP! I'm close -- at least Odin and the GNII are talking. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Last edited:

Jerry D

Mar 5, 2011
What ROM were you on when you on when you installed the font installer?..I'm asking because if you were on CyangenMod 10.1 you would need to flash a script to return to a stock ROM.

whatllitbenext

Mar 20, 2011
What ROM were you on when you on when you installed the font installer?..I'm asking because if you were on CyangenMod 10.1 you would need to flash a script to return to a stock ROM.

I was running stock 4.1.2 with the only mod being the xposed framework multi-window mod. Other than that I hadn't changed anything.

UPDATE: I was just able to use Odin to flash CWM Recovery so at least now I have CWM Recovery instead of stock. Now, though, it's not seeing my external SD Card...

UPDATE: SUCCESS! I downloaded the stock TMobile 4.1.1, unzipped it, and used Odin to flash it and it worked!

Now, back to that font mod....

Last edited:

...Awesome...

Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
I was running stock 4.1.2 with the only mod being the xposed framework multi-window mod. Other than that I hadn't changed anything.

UPDATE: I was just able to use Odin to flash CWM Recovery so at least now I have CWM Recovery instead of stock. Now, though, it's not seeing my external SD Card...

UPDATE: SUCCESS! I downloaded the stock TMobile 4.1.1, unzipped it, and used Odin to flash it and it worked!

Now, back to that font mod....

Back to that font mod?

Someone didn't learn their lesson lol

Reactions: G1Master

G1Master

Feb 1, 2009
H-Town
...Awesome....Thread man thanks for helping the community out.

Ran out of thanks for the day, try to sneak some from tapatalk lol.

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
So, im not having any Emergencies personally but I have noticed throughout the forum some issues with the following that could use some clarification/solutions, this seems like the place people may go if the SHTF..

1. EFS/imei backup's not saving properly through TWRP/CWM (files that are being saved are only a few kb's even though they should be way bigger)... any insight on a reliable EFS/imei backup-restore method would be great.

2. How to avoid bootloops when modding fonts and themes... how to fix the bootloop (as described earlier in this thread) when encountered, and probably more imprtantly how to properly undo fonts and themes by either flashing stock rom or restoring individual mods manually

3. What additional steps need to be addressed when going from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 to 4.2.1 and vice versa... (if im on CM10.1 and want to go back to Jedi X9 or even stock-for warranty purposes)

4. Some people are (after reading various threads) worried about rooting their phones, simply because of some distant lte update that Tmobile will OTA... probably because they are unaware or misinformed about the unrooting/flash counter reset... more improtantly they are unaware of how to set their phone up manually to enable LTE... insight on this is a must for people who are litterally planning on waiting 6 months to a year+ for this OTA

This thread should also contain links with various "how-to's" and "when to use" to the "official" threads (containing downloads and instructions) regarding rooting, custom recovery, backing up stock rom/kernal/EFS/data/etc, unbrick method, all the various drivers (kies, adb, samsung default),

..for instance, I remember when I first started my addiction with flash-aholicism, I know it sounds stupid, but something as simple as a heads up on things like, unchecking the "USB Debugging" box in settings (so when i go to plug my phone in to the cpu thru usb, the proper driver is automated, allowing me to transfer media) was all that was needed instead of me spending hours of downloading replacement drivers and research trying to figure out "why my drivers weren't working"

Some noobs are better reminded and no "official" tutorial or how-to can be redundant or silly if atleast all the bases are covered

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: PhilipTD

...Awesome...

Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
Thanks when I get on my computer I will post this in the second post or have a MOD move your post into the second post thanks for all this info its very helpful.

Some_dude36

Mar 21, 2012
hollow earth
Ok Odined flashed n7100 cwm in how to root , rebooted got the pass green light on odin , rebooted into recovery and I got android system recover ( is this right ? CWM Im used to from other devices says clockwork mod recovery )

Next update from external selected x9 got Install /scard message it hung the went back to recovery menu again

back into update from external chose jedi x9 it got a signature verification failure hung for a minute went back to choose a package to install and now have a blue progress bar moving very slowly on the bottom.

Is this what it supposed to look like ?? thanks

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
It sounds like your device doesnt have custom recovery, are you sure it does?

Ive heard that installing roms from external installs slower, but if your recovery doesnt have the CWM/Rom Manager icon in the center of the screen (with the version build listed up top) then Id say your issue is getting custom recovery to stick

Some_dude36

Mar 21, 2012
hollow earth
It sounds like your device doesnt have custom recovery, are you sure it does?

Ive heard that installing roms from external installs slower, but if your recovery doesnt have the CWM/Rom Manager icon in the center of the screen (with the version build listed up top) then Id say your issue is getting custom recovery to stick

I had auto reboot checked in odin during CWM flash .

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
Auto reboot needs to be checked when flashing through odin but you cant flash CWM before you root first... without Root, you dont have SuperSU... without SuperSU you dont have Root Access,... without Root Access you cant write to the core of the phone... if you cant write to the phone then trying to flash CWM or Jedi X isnt going to work... find the root method thread that refers to your particular Carrier and that also refers to your particular stock platform (android 4.1.1, etc)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have created this thread for all you SG-NOTEII Noobs & Senior Members!

The purpose of this thread is to limit the number of (sometimes useless) threads, that are created over a simple problem that can easily be solved by READING OR SEARCHING.

This is the Emergency thread!

*Did you run into a problem and need quick assistance?

*Do you have a question or concern about your SG-NOTEII device?

Don't panic just ask here and I or WE THE SG-NOTEII COMMUNITY will gladly help!
    this thread is................... awesome?

Dr.-Evil.jpg
    In case of Emergency!
    No your safe to re-root. Same method.

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but why can't I roam over to ATT? I have a Tmo value plan (post-paid unlimited) and when I'm in my companies datacenter, my Tmo connection is very poor- to the point where I miss calls and texts sometimes don't come through. I try manually choosing ATT from the provider list but it reports "not registered".

Am I doing something wrong? I should be able to roam over to ATT, right??

Settings-More Settings-Mobile Settings-Data Roaming (check).

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium