[Q] Xoom stuck on boot screen

Search This thread

neoka

Mar 3, 2014
The other day my WiFi Xoom stopped getting past the "Motorola Dual Core" screen.
I have removed the SD card.
Android recovery mode gives me the error android with the "!"
It does this plugged in or on battery.
Not rooted.
What else should I try?

DavilaDarkness

Sep 18, 2013
The other day my WiFi Xoom stopped getting past the "Motorola Dual Core" screen.
I have removed the SD card.
Android recovery mode gives me the error android with the "!"
It does this plugged in or on battery.
Not rooted.
What else should I try?

What were you trying to do before this hapened? Need more info to be able to help.

Sep 14, 2017
Did you ever resolve this ?? I was give one to repair for a child and it too is stuck on the red boot screen. The good thing is the person who sold it to them was a hacker and put TWRP on it of all things. I was floored when I tried to enter recovery and found teamwin.

but the problem is its still stuck on the boot screen, i did flash it 3-4 times with M604 M602 flashes and some other customs but nothing works, it completes flashing and wiping caches but always goes back to stuck on boot screen..

perhaps I have to unclock the bootloader or something for the flash to be succesfull ?

Sep 14, 2017
Just wanted to say I fixed it with these commands and firmware if anyone is interested. I tried everything else including flashing with twrp and wiping all caches and it didn't work, getting the stock firmware and doing it like this worked to clear boot screen endless stuck

download fastboot and adb and xoom drivers 6.4 (about 5mb) and the appropriate stock firmware. for me it was ZM604

at the command type

adb reboot bootloader

you may need to unplug and replug cable after it goes in fastboot mode.

fastboot devices
.. should return something "02a439cj0skjdke fastboot" to proceed.

fastboot oem unlock
.. look at your tablet and follow the instructions, for me it was down twice and up once to accept unlock conditions, then it reboots

on reboot press vol down 2 seconds after you see moto logo, it will enter fastboot

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata

fastboot reboot

no need to relock after, you will see android logo and first boot pop up after 2-3 mins

Reactions: my-planet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to say I fixed it with these commands and firmware if anyone is interested. I tried everything else including flashing with twrp and wiping all caches and it didn't work, getting the stock firmware and doing it like this worked to clear boot screen endless stuck

download fastboot and adb and xoom drivers 6.4 (about 5mb) and the appropriate stock firmware. for me it was ZM604

at the command type

adb reboot bootloader

you may need to unplug and replug cable after it goes in fastboot mode.

fastboot devices
    .. should return something "02a439cj0skjdke fastboot" to proceed.

fastboot oem unlock
    .. look at your tablet and follow the instructions, for me it was down twice and up once to accept unlock conditions, then it reboots

on reboot press vol down 2 seconds after you see moto logo, it will enter fastboot

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata

fastboot reboot

no need to relock after, you will see android logo and first boot pop up after 2-3 mins