[Q] Ending call at 00:00.

Search This thread

alhal1

Oct 19, 2013
Hi,

I am unable to make/receive calls and can't send/receive SMS text messages.
WiFi and data over 3G works fine, so email/browsing is OK.

I have tried SIM cards from other working phones but it's the same problem on this phone.
Used to work fine couple of days ago but now when I try to make a call to someone it says straight away call ended.

Has anyone encountered the same problem? Can anybody help please?

Info:
My phone is HTC One (M7)
Used to be rooted, in my attempt to resolve the problem I have unrooted it and now has stock android, which i flashed on.
The only thing that is different is that my phone is s-off.
I have done a factory reset but this did not fix it.
For some reason, when i try to update my phone over ota, I get a red triangle with a !.
My phone version is 3.62.401.1.
It is Android 4.3. Not 4.4 kitkat.
I can use wifi, and have 3G/H signal.

That's about it. If anybody can help me with this problem, please do! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

alhal1

Oct 19, 2013
toggle airplane mode and data and see what happens

you say you flashed something back to stock ? do you still have custom recovery? that would stop any updates

No i no longer have custom recovery.
Yes i flashed so i could get rid of custom recovery and go back to my stock android.
airplane mode and data don't help. :(

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
Did you flash anything that could have caused this problem? I assume you have flashed a RUU that contained firmware?

If I were you, I'd try to get the original firmware back onto the phone, then install a "known good" ROM so you know the system isn't screwed up somehow.

Reactions: alhal1

alhal1

Oct 19, 2013
Did you flash anything that could have caused this problem? I assume you have flashed a RUU that contained firmware?

If I were you, I'd try to get the original firmware back onto the phone, then install a "known good" ROM so you know the system isn't screwed up somehow.

well i originally flashed an recovery.img containing the original version of the version I had. I then tried an RUU. Still didn't work though. What do you mean by 'known good' ROM?

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
well i originally flashed an recovery.img containing the original version of the version I had. I then tried an RUU. Still didn't work though. What do you mean by 'known good' ROM?
I mean a popular third party ROM that most people can use without problems. ARHD, for example. But now that I think about it, if you successfully installed a RUU and did a factory reset, I agree with the other person that said it sounds like a hardware defect. I've had this problem on another phone and it was the firmware and RIL (a problem that only exists for Samsung), but if you flashed a RUU it should have sorted that out.

If you can get warranty service for this phone, try it. This is one of those cases where you should revert the phone to stock, though, because the most obvious answer to why a rooted phone doesn't have calls is "you screwed up the software/firmware".

Reactions: alhal1

alhal1

Oct 19, 2013
I mean a popular third party ROM that most people can use without problems. ARHD, for example. But now that I think about it, if you successfully installed a RUU and did a factory reset, I agree with the other person that said it sounds like a hardware defect. I've had this problem on another phone and it was the firmware and RIL (a problem that only exists for Samsung), but if you flashed a RUU it should have sorted that out.

If you can get warranty service for this phone, try it. This is one of those cases where you should revert the phone to stock, though, because the most obvious answer to why a rooted phone doesn't have calls is "you screwed up the software/firmware".

So my phone is broken?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do you know how to change s-off to s-on?

./fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 to bring back to S-ON