[APP] Install Busybox

Search This thread

jrummy16

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2010
Placentia
jrummyapps.com
I wanted to post this to my fellow Xoom users since I found the Xoom didn't play very nice with busybox (hope it's in the right section). I also noticed the app to install busybox on the market didn't work well so I decided to make my own. I'm posting it here for testing but I plan on having it being a free app on the market.

The layout wasn't directed toward a tablet but still looks pretty plus it should work on all phones.

Let me know how it goes.

hx2kjo.jpg

2s8mgcl.jpg

Attachments

• BusyBoxInstaller.apk
    346.6 KB · Views: 8,054
Reactions: btiu and hbb0810

TriadX1

Aug 9, 2007
Omaha
Got it to work on my Xoom. I got the root message the first two attempts at running it, saying my device was not rooted, went to Superuser and forgot busybox twice, got the message to allow busybox again, then it launched ok. I was able to download and install busybox. Nice!

bignadad

Jan 20, 2009
Bville, SC
Got it to work on my Xoom. I got the root message the first two attempts at running it, saying my device was not rooted, went to Superuser and forgot busybox twice, got the message to allow busybox again, then it launched ok. I was able to download and install busybox. Nice!
Got exact same results.. had to forget in su twice then worked :)

thanks jrummy

dimitri407

Jun 19, 2007
I want to see Jrummy and Fab come together with a combo of Liberty and Apex. MMMMMMMMMMMM yeah.

Stericson

Retired Senior Mod / Retired Senior RD
Nov 10, 2008
Cool app, I had just recently, last night gotten busybox on the market to install on the Xoom, and tonight I'm recompiling the latest version of busybox specifically targeted for the Xoom, so everything should work after tonight :)

I like the layout of your app, makes me want to restyle the layout of mine.

funnycreature

What device is that? It looks pretty sweet! Installing BusyBox now; I'll let you know if TiBackup works now.

UPDATE: I managed to install BusyBox in system/xbin (used dropbox for d/l). But when I start TiBackup it still shows (BusyBox 1.16.0 from app) and does not list any applications. Is there a way to overwrite the previous BusyBox installation?
Update 2: I manually copied the new BusyBox version into the TiBackup folder and it shows up in TiBackup now but still no luck with an updated app list. I guess I'll just wait until the devs fix that...

Last edited:

dimitri407

Jun 19, 2007
I installed this app last night but when I tried to install the newest version of busybox, it downloads the file but then says that it can't add the appropriate permissions and can't install it. Please help. I am on version 1.17.1 trying to go to either 1.18.4 or the 1.19.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to post this to my fellow Xoom users since I found the Xoom didn't play very nice with busybox (hope it's in the right section). I also noticed the app to install busybox on the market didn't work well so I decided to make my own. I'm posting it here for testing but I plan on having it being a free app on the market.

The layout wasn't directed toward a tablet but still looks pretty plus it should work on all phones.

Let me know how it goes.

hx2kjo.jpg

2s8mgcl.jpg