[APP] Semaphore Script Manager v0.75

390 posts
Thanks Meter: 446

By HM.Carbide, Senior Member on 26th September 2011, 10:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th September 2011, 01:54 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I had the same problem . You surely add installed the app with semaphore 1.7 before the release of semaphore 1.7.5 . Just delete the semaphorescripts folder you have extracted from the zip file in the first post and then all run ok.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rom08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rom08 Ad-Free

29th September 2011, 10:13 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiwag

there is a bug in the Semaphore script manager v0.31 which is supplied with Semaphore_JVS_1.7.5

Netfilter and Speedmod Colors are interchanged.

Netfilter allows selection of cold/neutral/warm while
Speedmod Colors is only on/off

Thanks for the report, the bug will be fixed in next version.

As workaround, try to delete the scripts on sdcard, as they are now provided by the kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to HM.Carbide For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HM.Carbide Ad-Free
29th September 2011, 10:37 PM |#23  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 120

Donate to Me
More
Works fine here . No bug .
The Following User Says Thank You to corgar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corgar Ad-Free
30th September 2011, 11:03 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up
Works fine with 1.6
1st October 2011, 09:47 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
New Version of Semaphore Script Manager v.042
The Following User Says Thank You to HM.Carbide For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HM.Carbide Ad-Free
3rd October 2011, 11:39 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Changelog v0.42:
- Fixed bug displaying wrong feature name, if scripts are overruled
- Support for AddOns

AddOns_v1:
- Low Memory Killer:
... 32mb-multitasking, 48mb-default, 64mb-bigmem, 92mb-chainfire
- Hard to kill launcher:
... reconfigures the priorities
- SD-Card read ahead:
... 128kb-default, 256kb-64kb-best, 512kb-64kb-good, 1024kb-64kb, 3072kb-chainfire
- Startup/Shutdown Sound
... Restores the sound files, if they were backuped by the kernel (since 1.7.5)

All scripts are simple, no mystery.

Best Setting for me:
- LMK 48MB for non BigMem kernel
- LMK 64MB for BigMem kernel
- Hard to kill launcher enabled
- SD-Card read ahead 256kb-64kb-best

But try for yourself, and give feedback for the best settings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HM.Carbide For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HM.Carbide Ad-Free
3rd October 2011, 07:32 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HM.Carbide

Changelog v0.42:
- Fixed bug displaying wrong feature name, if scripts are overruled
- Support for AddOns

AddOns_v1:
- Low Memory Killer:
... 32mb-multitasking, 48mb-default, 64mb-bigmem, 92mb-chainfire
- Hard to kill launcher:
... reconfigures the priorities
- SD-Card read ahead:
... 128kb-default, 256kb-64kb-best, 512kb-64kb-good, 1024kb-64kb, 3072kb-chainfire
- Startup/Shutdown Sound
... Restores the sound files, if they were backuped by the kernel (since 1.7.5)

All scripts are simple, no mystery.

Best Setting for me:
- LMK 48MB for non BigMem kernel
- LMK 64MB for BigMem kernel
- Hard to kill launcher enabled
- SD-Card read ahead 256kb-64kb-best

But try for yourself, and give feedback for the best settings.

could u please explain what all the different options does..I mean what's the advantage lmk 48 over 64 or 92 or 32..I don't understand wat effect the different values do..32 says multitaskin;do it means it good for mtaskin??92 says cf and so on...similarly wat about read speeds??I thought the highest value is the better one??
3rd October 2011, 09:14 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by senotrius

could u please explain what all the different options does..I mean what's the advantage lmk 48 over 64 or 92 or 32..I don't understand wat effect the different values do..32 says multitaskin;do it means it good for mtaskin??92 says cf and so on...similarly wat about read speeds??I thought the highest value is the better one??

There are a lot of scripts for optimizing Android. Pikachu made a thread describing them: Android Optimizations

But it is a lot to read, and I will try to explain the AddOn features with simple words.

1) Low Memory Killer:
Android keeps all apps in memory as long as possible. If you start an app, that is already in memory, it starts very fast.
The Low Memory Killer will remove apps from memory, if there is not enough memory for the current app, but this will take some time, the app "lags".
The xx-mb is the free memory, when the Low Memory Killer will begin to remove apps from memory.

32mb-multitasking: if you start a lot of apps parallel and want to switch very fast between the apps.
92mb-chainfire: this is used by the minfree tweak from chainfire in tweaks app. This option is for using an app exclusive, no multitasking.
48mb-default: this is the samungs default, a good compromise allowing a bit multitasking and not so much lags in big apps like 3d games.
64mb-bigmem: this option tries to use the extra mem provided by the bigmem kernel to reduce lags.

So it depends on your phone usage, what is best for you.

2) Hard to kill Launcher:
By default the launcher is an app like every other app for the Low Memory Killer. If you start big apps, the Low Memory Killer will also remove the launcher from memory. You can see sometimes, that the launcher is black for some seconds and than displaying the app icons again.

If you enable this option, the launcher gets a higher priority, and will not be removed so easy.

So if you had already the effect that the launcher is started again, and you don't want that, you can enable this tweak.

3) SDCard read ahead
If bigger files are read by apps, there is less overhead reading them having greater read ahead config.
If apps read a lot of small files, there is less overhead reading them having smaller read ahead config.

128kb-default: This is samsung default for all mounts. a good compromize.
256kb-64kb: This increases the SDCard speed, as it uses a smaller read ahead for the kernel config files, that are mainly very very small. And a greater read ahead for the apps, and apps data that are mainly bigger than 128kb.
3072kb-chainfire: This is the setting of SDCard tweak from chainfires Tweaks App. It is a bit too high, as there are also smaller files.
Some people prefere 512kb-64kb or 1024kb-64kb.

So you will see the difference of SDCard speed with Media Scanning, load time of apps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HM.Carbide For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HM.Carbide Ad-Free
3rd October 2011, 11:23 PM |#29  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 4,322

Donate to Me
More
Nice job.
After applying scripts in init.d folder ,scripts doesn't have S01 or S02 in the name.
You know that this is needed to control how scripts are executed at startup(S01 first,S02 second,etc).
Any chance to implement this in next version?
Many regards
4th October 2011, 05:07 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HM.Carbide

There are a lot of scripts for optimizing Android. Pikachu made a thread describing them: Android Optimizations

But it is a lot to read, and I will try to explain the AddOn features with simple words.

1) Low Memory Killer:
Android keeps all apps in memory as long as possible. If you start an app, that is already in memory, it starts very fast.
The Low Memory Killer will remove apps from memory, if there is not enough memory for the current app, but this will take some time, the app "lags".
The xx-mb is the free memory, when the Low Memory Killer will begin to remove apps from memory.

32mb-multitasking: if you start a lot of apps parallel and want to switch very fast between the apps.
92mb-chainfire: this is used by the minfree tweak from chainfire in tweaks app. This option is for using an app exclusive, no multitasking.
48mb-default: this is the samungs default, a good compromise allowing a bit multitasking and not so much lags in big apps like 3d games.
64mb-bigmem: this option tries to use the extra mem provided by the bigmem kernel to reduce lags.

So it depends on your phone usage, what is best for you.

2) Hard to kill Launcher:
By default the launcher is an app like every other app for the Low Memory Killer. If you start big apps, the Low Memory Killer will also remove the launcher from memory. You can see sometimes, that the launcher is black for some seconds and than displaying the app icons again.

If you enable this option, the launcher gets a higher priority, and will not be removed so easy.

So if you had already the effect that the launcher is started again, and you don't want that, you can enable this tweak.

3) SDCard read ahead
If bigger files are read by apps, there is less overhead reading them having greater read ahead config.
If apps read a lot of small files, there is less overhead reading them having smaller read ahead config.

128kb-default: This is samsung default for all mounts. a good compromize.
256kb-64kb: This increases the SDCard speed, as it uses a smaller read ahead for the kernel config files, that are mainly very very small. And a greater read ahead for the apps, and apps data that are mainly bigger than 128kb.
3072kb-chainfire: This is the setting of SDCard tweak from chainfires Tweaks App. It is a bit too high, as there are also smaller files.
Some people prefere 512kb-64kb or 1024kb-64kb.

So you will see the difference of SDCard speed with Media Scanning, load time of apps.

+1 .thank u sir for that explanation.
and wat about the advantage of using deadline I/o or noop..noop is for flash based memory devices rite and deadline not optimized for the same..so y many kernels and apps saying and providing deadline I/o as better??
The Following User Says Thank You to senotrius For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift senotrius Ad-Free
4th October 2011, 07:35 AM |#31  
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I installed Semaphore 1.7.5 on stock Odexed JVS, so it automatically came with the Semaphore Manager, but I really can't find the map where the scripts or addons need to be copied to. I must be doing something wrong

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
semaphore script manager

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)