FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Instruction + Files on How to Un-bricked and Band unlock Droid 2 Global with 629 ROM

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By key5000, Member on 18th May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th May 2012, 11:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigserver

Hello, thank u 4 the info, I don't even know how to sbf :s...

It is not difficult. Follow this how-to: http://droid.koumakan.jp/wiki/SBF

1st June 2012, 06:21 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi
I think i followed the instruction to do this. But my phone does not work for sim card and I need some help. My phone acts little weird. Can I start this steps all over from #1? Please help. Thanks
1st June 2012, 06:28 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
What do you mean by your phone doesn't work for SIM card?
Does your phone have a SIM card slot, and if so, is it SIM unlocked for global use?
If your phone doesn't have a SIM slot, then this isn't for you.
You can start the instructions over from the beginning, but in order for this to help your phone has to be SIM unlocked first. If you get an Enter Unlock Code message when you put a SIM in, then this won't really help you, other than for rooting your phone.
4th June 2012, 10:17 PM |#14  

More
Thank you

I did every steps all over again and my phone works.
14th June 2012, 09:32 PM |#15  

More
a question, these steps be discharged the phone to accept any telephone company?
14th June 2012, 11:09 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
These steps allow your phone to use AT&T or Tmobile, if your phone is already unlocked to use Foreign SIM cards. If your phone is still SIM locked, it won't unlock it for you.
By default Verizon blocks the use of the phone (even when unlocked) on AT&T and Tmobile, and this bypasses that block.
15th June 2012, 07:14 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhigham

These steps allow your phone to use AT&T or Tmobile, if your phone is already unlocked to use Foreign SIM cards. If your phone is still SIM locked, it won't unlock it for you.
By default Verizon blocks the use of the phone (even when unlocked) on AT&T and Tmobile, and this bypasses that block.

and is there anyway to unlock it to any company?
15th June 2012, 08:47 PM |#18  
Flag Rausu
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Yes, just get an unlock code from Verizon. Or, if you aren't on VZW and willing to bet/feeling adventurous, use those unlock services on the internets.
16th June 2012, 09:28 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
My D2G always goes into Bootloader whatever i do adn shows
"Bootloader
D0.11"

I flashed it with VRZ_A956_4.5.608_1FF_01.sbf then BL=2 BOOT REC CDT.sbf but again the same problem. Couple of times phone got started but for only some time, after some time when i reboot the phone it goes into bootloader. i need immediate help guys...
One thing more i have another D2G which got bricked after .629 but when unbrick method was discovered it got fixed with no issues. the reason i am sharing this is that it was going into bootloader straightaway when i press power button BUT this new one shows M logo for some time and then goes into bootloader...

plz help me out....
16th June 2012, 05:53 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno

Yes, just get an unlock code from Verizon. Or, if you aren't on VZW and willing to bet/feeling adventurous, use those unlock services on the internets.

I'm not really in the U.S. so that he could not apply the code, I know a website is legal and recommended that I can get the unlock code paying?
19th June 2012, 01:32 AM |#21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Just redo all the steps and you should be OK (make sure not to skip any steps)

Note, you can do it over and over again as many as you want, it does not hurt.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)