FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Instruction + Files on How to Un-bricked and Band unlock Droid 2 Global with 629 ROM

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By key5000, Member on 18th May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2012, 01:32 AM |#21  
OP Member

More
Just redo all the steps and you should be OK (make sure not to skip any steps)

Note, you can do it over and over again as many as you want, it does not hurt.

19th June 2012, 01:34 AM |#22  
OP Member

More
If you are out of US, you can pay for $5-$10 to unlock the phone from internet search "ulock D2g"
6th July 2012, 11:35 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Stuck on CWM recovery bootloop
Big thanks again for this nice work. I got everything working fine. Am running on At&T. But My phone keeps booting straight to Clockworkmod recovery, from where I'll now have to reboot. Please I need help to get the phone to boot normally!
7th July 2012, 04:07 PM |#24  
Flag Delft
Thanks Meter: 416

Donate to Me
More
So, this will make it possible for a US Droid 2 Global to work outside of the US with a non-US SIM? I've been reading a bit, and that's what I gathered so far.
My friend bought one without thinking it through, and none of the unlock codes he bought online (a scam, I think) worked so far.
7th July 2012, 05:29 PM |#25  
Flag Rausu
Thanks Meter: 332

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassie1995

So, this will make it possible for a US Droid 2 Global to work outside of the US with a non-US SIM? I've been reading a bit, and that's what I gathered so far.

This will make it possible for a US DROID2 GLOBAL to work on T-Mobile USA and AT&T Wireless mobile networks in the USA, provided the phone was unlocked for non-Verizon SIMs using an unlock code prior to performing this band unlock.

Read the opening post again, because you didn't read it.
10th July 2012, 12:39 AM |#26  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chigo17

Big thanks again for this nice work. I got everything working fine. Am running on At&T. But My phone keeps booting straight to Clockworkmod recovery, from where I'll now have to reboot. Please I need help to get the phone to boot normally!

You may need to check the setting on CW program.
13th July 2012, 08:02 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Never mind found it.
14th July 2012, 04:48 PM |#28  
Flag Delft
Thanks Meter: 416

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasai Yuno

This will make it possible for a US DROID2 GLOBAL to work on T-Mobile USA and AT&T Wireless mobile networks in the USA, provided the phone was unlocked for non-Verizon SIMs using an unlock code prior to performing this band unlock.

Read the opening post again, because you didn't read it.

I did, but it's kind of confusing here, with all the different info about unlocking and stuff.

Plus, we don't have such a stupid closed system where most phones are branded, but do use GSM. So I think my question wasn't that dumb.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
15th July 2012, 03:35 PM |#29  
droid 2 globals, need to be sim unlocked, to use gsm networks
that means a code from verizon, is need
this thread is for band unlocking, for gsm use on USA gsm networks
phone only needs to be sim unlocked for most non-usa gsm
read http://droid.koumakan.jp/wiki/Global_capabilities

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
22nd July 2012, 05:47 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Meh
So I have followed these instructions several times both with my own nandroid backup and with one that was provided for me so I could skip the first ten steps. It could be me missing something, but I can't get it to work. It keeps giving me "Selected network (AT&T 2G) unavailable. I officially hate .629. Any help or assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks smart peeps
22nd July 2012, 02:41 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
check to see what baseband version you have, should be under settings/about.
it should be "N_01.48.05R"
if its not, then something got messed up and you don't have the Radio from 330
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhigham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhigham Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)