[ROM] Official Sony Xperia ICS Beta ROM for arc S, ray, neo V

Search This thread

DerEineDa

Aug 3, 2010
I don't have any problems with the battery. My device goes into deep sleep as it should.

Is it just me or is the quality of the speaker much better than before when listening to music? I think there is a huge improvement.

Sent from my LT18i using XDA App

rec71

Oct 16, 2011
Calne
I don't have any problems with the battery. My device goes into deep sleep as it should.

Interesting. I wonder what you did differently to me. I used the auto flash batch file to gain recovery, root, etc. and have installed gapps.

freakin.ro

Nov 21, 2011
i really have to say, this is so nice :-D love everything exept the launcher :) but that´s ok lol.

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Guys Try this Tweak.. Add these line in build.prop via Root explorer and reboot..

Code:
# Increase overall touch responsiveness
 windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150
 debug.performance.tuning=1
 video.accelerate.hw=1

Increases Performance of UI and Touch + scrolling...

Share how it went...:)

ShyamSasi

Dec 10, 2010
CLASSIFIED

rec71

Oct 16, 2011
Calne
I *might* have solved the battery issue. I did two things:

• Removed persist.rildenabled=1 from build.prop - this got added by the autoflash app I used to install the beta and I don't think it's required.
  • Uninstalled LiveWare Manager which I'd installed soon after upgrading to the beta.

About an hour ago I checked Android OS usage in Battery and it had been awake for 6h 59m (more or less the time since the last charge). Now it says 7h 3m - and I have switched the device on once or twice.

Could either of those changes of made a difference?

ShyamSasi

Dec 10, 2010
CLASSIFIED
I used the stock for hours ... After 9 hours from 100% it just went to 95% it's pretty cool if you ask me. Phone was in Deep sleep BTW. Now I'm on custom ROM

Rycon33

Apr 28, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Because almost everything seems to work just fine, there's no going back to gingerbread now. Will compare this later to cm9(once 3g data is fixed there by fxp).

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium

Bhambya

Jun 23, 2011
Pune
Will the hardware acceleration be better in the final release ? I am writing an app with webview and some textview with long text on it. When I enable hardware acceleration, the textview and webview scrolling actually slows down. But it becomes smooth (like it was on gingerbread) when I disable it.

nasos95

Oct 4, 2009
Dude do you actually pay interest in the Arc thread?
Yes you can, go read (please)

Sent from my Arc to your eyes.

ΟΚ thanks. :)
Now something else....
I cannot find Google Goggles in the Market.
I suppose it has to do something with the build.prop
What should I do in order for me to be able to download it?
Thank u in advance. :)

punkmonkey1984

Aug 16, 2008
Bucheon 부천시
ΟΚ thanks. :)
Now something else....
I cannot find Google Goggles in the Market.
I suppose it has to do something with the build.prop
What should I do in order for me to be able to download it?
Thank u in advance. :)

Google goggles appears fine from UK market.
If it's not appearing on yours, try searching it via Google and download the APK and install from sdcard.
That's what I normally resort to.

Sent from my Arc to your eyes.

Punkid

Will the hardware acceleration be better in the final release ? I am writing an app with webview and some textview with long text on it. When I enable hardware acceleration, the textview and webview scrolling actually slows down. But it becomes smooth (like it was on gingerbread) when I disable it.

i was just about to ask about Hardware acceleration....is the UI in this ROM hardware accelerated or not?

If yes, then why is it so laggy?
If no, then will we ever get full hardware acceleration on the Xperia Arc?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi .
    Today we release an Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) beta ROM, as a follow up to the previously released ICS alpha ROM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJbDl8aikUk

In line with our goal to support the open XDA developer community, we want to give you the chance to try out our coming upgrade to ICS (Android™ 4.0) in this beta version. While the ICS alpha ROM was an early preview, the ICS beta ROM have passed some certifications such as Modem type approval.

As with the alpha release you should have an unlocked boot loader http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com, and have the knowledge to switch between different ROMs.

Find the links to download the packages at Developer World.
    Again we appreciate your feedback on the beta ROM in this small survey. Some of the improvements in the Beta release compared to the alpha release:
    • Updated UI
    • Updated Widget picker
    • Lockscreen
    • Connectivity turned on
    • Updated email client
    • Added quick dial

Lastly, we do follow the comments and new threads posted at XDA and we will very shortly release the open source archives for custom ROM community. I know the FreeXperia team working on CyanogenMod have made lot’s of progress on their custom ICS ROM and we try to support the team within the frames that we are allowed to operate.

/Karl-Johan “Kalle” Dahlström
    Sony Developer Program
    http://developer.sonymobile.com/
    nice work SE/Sony Dev team!

since i got the 2nd post here might as well make it useful ;)

important info:

ok so i dont have much time so will make this quick...

1. if u are on any Xperia 2011 device other than ARC S, RAY, NEO V then DO NOT FLASH THIS... cross flashing is NOT recommended... wait for the devs of ur devices to port it and provide update.zips for easy flashing

2. make sure that u are on stock .42 firmware (though .58/.62 may also work)

3. the ZIP file provided by SE/Sony CANNOT BE FLASHED VIA RECOVERY!!!! extract its contents and read on how to individually flash each file

4. after individually flashing each file reboot device (fastboot reboot), wait for boot up and then power off device; then hotboot (fastboot boot boot.img) any kernel for UR DEVICE which has recovery ,e.g. latest CM9 kernel, remember HOTBOOT IT; DO NOT FLASH IT DIRECTLY... once device starts booting enter recovery and flash the packages u want (GAPPS, wifi/bt enabler, Superuser Fix)... after that reboot device... now u should be back on stock SE/Sony ICS Beta kernel and device should boot normally

5. those guys who were having gsm/keypad crashes on leaked ROM check if gsm/keypad works correctly on this build

i will keep monitoring this thread and provide inputs when i can

useful links:

How to get ROOT,WIFI+BT, CWM Recovery, Face unclock + Gapps for ICS BETA
    ARC/ARC S users, i have created an Advanced Stock kernel:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1520518

recovery + init.d support + autorooting + other stuff

its still based off stock kernel... i have began work on my DooMKernel for ICS-Beta :)
    After reading Sony blog again, we will be given Performance Toolbox if we choose to update to ICS :D So unnecessary services can be turned off. I know it might be able to do with Rom toolbox or similar app, but given it's built in is truly remarkable. :) Can't wait Sony!

Updated – comment from the Developer World team:

We we would like to clarify that above mentioned “challenges” have already been addressed by our SW engineering teams. For instance, we have not only optimised the RAM management by making the RAM usage for internal apps as good as possible, but we will also introduce a Performance assistant at start up when running ICS. In this Performance assistant, you can enable and disable certain services that you might not want to run on your phone, in order to optimise the performance of your phone.

We have also worked with quite a few partners in regards to architecture optimisations for SQL handling. In addition, we have also optimised the hardware usage. And as a result of this article, a number of app developers have notified us that they are evaluating if HW optimisation will be needed or not for their apps.

The aim of this article was to share our knowledge regarding the different characteristics for ICS and Gingerbread in an open way, as we strive to have an open communication with the developer community. All in all, we would like to point out that it’s our clear aim to deliver an as good ICS update as ever possible. As you might have seen on the Sony Xperia Product Blog, we’re not far from releasing it now. Thanks for all the feedback!

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/...ical-differences-between-gingerbread-and-ics/
    ok so i dont have much time so will make this quick...

1. if u are on any Xperia 2011 device other than ARC S, RAY, NEO V then DO NOT FLASH THIS... cross flashing is NOT recommended... wait for the devs of ur devices to port it and provide update.zips for easy flashing

2. make sure that u are on stock .42 firmware (though .58/.62 may also work)

3. the ZIP file provided by SE/Sony CANNOT BE FLASHED VIA RECOVERY!!!! extract its contents and read on how to individually flash each file

4. after individually flashing each file reboot device (fastboot reboot), wait for boot up and then power off device; then hotboot (fastboot boot boot.img) any kernel for UR DEVICE which has recovery ,e.g. latest CM9 kernel, remember HOTBOOT IT; DO NOT FLASH IT DIRECTLY... once device starts booting enter recovery and flash the packages u want (GAPPS, wifi/bt enabler, Superuser Fix)... after that reboot device... now u should be back on stock SE/Sony ICS Beta kernel and device should boot normally

5. those guys who were having gsm/keypad crashes on leaked ROM check if gsm/keypad works correctly on this build

i will keep monitoring this thread and provide inputs when i can