[Q] Toke my HOX apart, need internal HI-CAPACITY battery

Search This thread

Hossam.Abdelsalam

Jul 9, 2012
Cairo
Hello All,

I toke my HTC One X apart to replace the internal battery with a higher capacity one, as i've tried all the methods listed here to enhance my battery life, but it failed to survive a 12 hours idling - it seems that HTC forgot that the user might use his phone through the day :D -

anyway, i'm looking for an "INTERNAL" and "HIGHER-CAPACITY" like 2100mAh, 2400mAh battery to replace my 1800 mAh one, any suggestions please?

teky

Jun 21, 2008
Plymouth
I don't believe that there is a higher capacity internal battery for the HOX. From what I've read on here is that any higher capacity battery would require the a bigger case for it. Just by opening it up you have now voided your warranty, and any third party manufacturer would not make you void your warranty to increase battery capacity. Your only option is to buy the cases that utilize the pogo pins to increase your battery

Reactions: Hossam.Abdelsalam

Hossam.Abdelsalam

Jul 9, 2012
Cairo
thanks for your reply teky, actually i dont care about the warranty, but i believe i can find a higher capacity battery as the iPhone one, i've bought a 2300 mAh from ebay for my old iphone and it was at the same size as its original one, the performance was amazing, it lasted about 2 days with a heavy usage.

lawrence750

Jul 18, 2008
Berkshire
thanks for your reply teky, actually i dont care about the warranty, but i believe i can find a higher capacity battery as the iPhone one, i've bought a 2300 mAh from ebay for my old iphone and it was at the same size as its original one, the performance was amazing, it lasted about 2 days with a heavy usage.
likeliness is, if it wasn't physically bigger, then the mah was no more than the original. probably the fact that the first battery was knackered and just buying a new one seemed like it was lasting longer, when in fact it wasn't lasting any longer than a new original battery..

Jan 28, 2011
London
Every battery I've read about online that promised higher capacity for the same size proved to be a fraud. The best story I saw was posted on the xda-dev forums. The user cut off the outer packaging of the battery to reveal the original battery inside, and printed on this was the real (much lower) capacity.

I don't know much about battery tech :silly:, as I'm about to prove but ... I believe it's basically a chemical reaction that releases power (and the reaction is revered when charging). The capacity of the battery is related to the volume of material available for the reaction, so basically physics is against us on this one.

If it seems too good to be true, it is. If technology were available to produce safe, cheap batteries, of the same size with a higher capacity, why doesn't a single large reputable manufacturer produce what would obviously be a lucrative accessory?

5teve

Apr 5, 2012
Are we not missing the point that his phone can't do 12 hours idling? My wife's currently very under used one x has managed 7 days and 10 hours from a single charge with 3g on almost zero screen on so true idle.

My used one x can easily make 2days of what I class as moderate use.

There must be some software issue or as Vodafone in Perth did a misconfigured network stopping 3g from going idle and sucking the battery dry.

Cheers

Steve

Salim.Keady

Oct 8, 2013
Mt. Lebanon
you can use the battery of the hox+ and get an extra 300mAh ...
but am going to take the batt of my spare one x and see if the battery of the htc butterfly s would fit... you get like an extra 1200mAh
hope it does....

jaw2floor

Jan 8, 2012
you can use the battery of the hox+ and get an extra 300mAh ...
but am going to take the batt of my spare one x and see if the battery of the htc butterfly s would fit... you get like an extra 1200mAh
hope it does....

Please make a thread about that, even if it doesn't fit. Battery life on my HOX is crippling, hardly get 2 hours screen time.

Salim.Keady

Oct 8, 2013
Mt. Lebanon
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't believe that there is a higher capacity internal battery for the HOX. From what I've read on here is that any higher capacity battery would require the a bigger case for it. Just by opening it up you have now voided your warranty, and any third party manufacturer would not make you void your warranty to increase battery capacity. Your only option is to buy the cases that utilize the pogo pins to increase your battery