Search This thread

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342283922552.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342283922552.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 2,128

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
I sent an email in Spanish to the guy to know if his camera is working...if so, we got a winner. Does someone know how to extract a rom ?
Also, did you notice the 3.xx kernel ?

Last edited:

SjPedro22

Apr 2, 2011
yeah the 3.xx kernel is what caught my eye in the first place....although this could be just a huge fake and someone just wanting to have some attention.
It should be possible to make a tutorial for the guy to make a flashable .zip file so that we could at least get this rom via CWM if it is indeed what he claims it is.
If this really is an OTA update everything should be working including the camera.
What I am really finding weird though is that he was the only one reporting this OTA update, there are no websites reporting it and there seems to be a big lack of information. I feel like contacting Samsung and asking directly.

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Last edited:

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
can you please have that person do a nandroid backup in CWM and upload boot.img and system.ext4.tar?

he can odin over the recovery from droidbasement for p3. latest 5.5.0.4 on there is fine to use.

thx.

or if he has fastboot, jus take the recovery.img out of the tar.md5 archive and:

fastboot boot recovery.img

Reactions: PooJou

jackgar

Mar 7, 2012
About the guy...

yeah the 3.xx kernel is what caught my eye in the first place....although this could be just a huge fake and someone just wanting to have some attention.
It should be possible to make a tutorial for the guy to make a flashable .zip file so that we could at least get this rom via CWM if it is indeed what he claims it is.
If this really is an OTA update everything should be working including the camera.
What I am really finding weird though is that he was the only one reporting this OTA update, there are no websites reporting it and there seems to be a big lack of information. I feel like contacting Samsung and asking directly.

I spoke to this one several months ago. When we were all waiting for 3.2.1 update, he already got it, and he was the first one I know to report he got the update via OTA. Many people didn't believe him, because all of us got it a long time after, but, there it was, finally the upgrade came... so, what I hope is that the same will happen this time, let's be faithfull. I have already asked him about the camera, which happens to be the great topic!!

rakinisbat

Dec 27, 2009
Sydney
Tnx for joining us!!

Hi friends. I'm Raindog- from Htcmania.

I will be happy to help. But I'm not root (nor want)

Do you know any way to extract what you need without root?

Heyy um do you have fastboot access ?? then maybe you could fastboot recovery.img and backup through CWM.

Last edited:

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
So Raka answered me over at htcmania and is willing to extract if I told him how to...so...how to ? :laugh:

I'm going to read the board instructions again and try to guide him in my best Spanish !

Did you notice the camera is working ??

PS : Raindog...are you Raka ?

Last edited:

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
Oh okay...I won't hassle him then.

From what he says in the thread, he got the from another guy and its bootloader is already unlocked.

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
So Raindog, do you know how to start ? I'm willing to go step by step with you...I think we all are...as what you got in your hands is like the holy grail for us ! :angel:

Few questions :
- Do you confirmed your bootloader is unlocked (when booting the tablet do you see an unlock icon on the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v" logo ?)
- Do you have root access ?
- Is fastboot working ?

If someone is already working with you on this, tell me, I'll let you guys work it out. If not, and if you don't how to respond to the last two questions, we'll start working on that...:p

Thanks !

isimobile

Aug 8, 2011
Centurion
So Raindog, do you know how to start ? I'm willing to go step by step with you...I think we all are...as what you got in your hands is like the holy grail for us ! :angel:

Few questions :
- Do you confirmed your bootloader is unlocked (when booting the tablet do you see an unlock icon on the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v" logo ?)
- Do you have root access ?
- Is fastboot working ?

If someone is already working with you on this, tell me, I'll let you guys work it out. If not, and if you don't how to respond to the last two questions, we'll start working on that...:p

Thanks !

I can work with him, so Raindog can I assist?

Reactions: rbustamantet

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
Yeah, go with pershoot, he's the CM9 dev...so we all stop hassling you ! :)

However, this is crazy isn't ? So it means, somewhere, someone is working on this !

We put all our faith on you raindog ! :laugh:

Muchas gracias...

PS : this will be helpful for the Tab 10.1 as well I guess...

Last edited:

jackgar

Mar 7, 2012
Camera working

Right now, it doesn't matter if it's final, o beta, or anything else. Raka/Raindog has already shown me on htcmania that the camera is working, so, ladies and gentleman..., the holy grail;) has been found!! And who could have ever thought that 7100 owners were going to have ICS working before even 7500 ones...
I can't wait to seeing ICS fully working on my old, forgotten and understimated tab...:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news : pershoot got what he needed and is already working on it.

Raindog, we should all thank you forever...and pershoot of course.

He did all the work ... and showed great patience. :good:
    All, I'm still working on cam. The service loads and fw loads too, but the sensors need updating to the new interfaces/methods that the module provides for. Since I don't have kernel source, I have to try and reverse engineer it some. I'll keep at it.

All is not a waste tho. I updated the video subsystem with 100+ changes to go along with the newer nvidia drivers. I'll send out test builds with them in a few days.
    back cam is operational on 7100 for cm9. front cam is not on 7100. no cams on other models.
    I have read about an OTA for our 10.1v with ICS 4.04?
    http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?p=5152857

Does anyone knows anything about this?

Enviado desde mi GT-P7100 usando Tapatalk 2
    Hi friends. I'm Raindog- from Htcmania.

I will be happy to help. But I'm not root (nor want)

Do you know any way to extract what you need without root?