Video: Galaxy Tab + bluetooth Mouse + bluetooth keyboard =

Search This thread

epakrat75

Aug 11, 2010
Chicago
Pretty cool. :D That would be nice for websites that make use of mouse over (hover) functionality, at the very least. I wonder if it is specific to the keyboard / mouse in the video or would most mice work just as well?

deez1234

Aug 24, 2010
I use my PS3 bluetooth mediaboard with built in mouse touchpad. Love it!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App

not in the US

The US version of the Tab does not allow connecting with a BT keyboard or mouse. Pairing works fine, it recognizes the keyboard & mouse as a keyboard and a mouse, but connection simply fails. Other Tab owners in the US have had the same problem. Ah, yes. Land of the free. :confused:

BTW, my firmware build number is DJ11, but on the pdadb.net site I see that the latest is DJ30. Under 'System updates' my Tab claims that it is up to date.

Any advice? Other than moving overseas? ;) Maybe rooting & flashing new firmware?

ConceptVBS

Jun 28, 2010
The US version of the Tab does not allow connecting with a BT keyboard or mouse. Pairing works fine, it recognizes the keyboard & mouse as a keyboard and a mouse, but connection simply fails. Other Tab owners in the US have had the same problem. Ah, yes. Land of the free. :confused:

BTW, my firmware build number is DJ11, but on the pdadb.net site I see that the latest is DJ30. Under 'System updates' my Tab claims that it is up to date.

Any advice? Other than moving overseas? ;) Maybe rooting & flashing new firmware?

DJ30 is for the Sprint version.

Flashing with European firmware will make this availalbe on your Tab. :D

hoyoonbid

May 25, 2010
I have t-mobile Galaxy Tab that I got from the day 1... and today, I was very disappointed with the fact that I can not get the Bt keyboard working with usa version.

Why all usa versions are crippled with no voice + now no BT keyboard...

Please... I do not want to return this cool tab, but I really want to use it with
the BT keyboard so that it can replace the netbook completely...( i got nice heavy performance labtop... :) already..)

I can bear with no voice.. but can some1 come with the solution for the BT keyboard pairing?

sliblue

Nov 19, 2010

Thast Just not True, I have a US Tmobile Stock Tab with an Apple Keyboard, A Think Outside Mouse and an LG Speaker Phone attached, paired and working fine!!

hoyoonbid

May 25, 2010
Thast Just not True, I have a US Tmobile Stock Tab with an Apple Keyboard, A Think Outside Mouse and an LG Speaker Phone attached, paired and working fine!!
How did u pair ur apple keyboard to tmobile tab?
I tried to pair, but I couldn't ...

It says 'type xxxxxxx to pair', but there is no window where I can type those numbers...
when I tried to pair with my galaxy s, I could type in the numbers, but it still dint connect...

I searched everywhere, and it seems all tab pairing with bt keyboards are from other countries, not us..

Any help?

It says 'type xxxxxxx to pair', but there is no window where I can type those numbers...

I have found that if you simply type those numbers on the BT keyboard and then press Enter, the Tab will seem to acknowledge that it is proceeding with the connection: the 'type xxxxx to pair' message disappears the instant you hit Enter. However, that's where it stops. It does not actually connect to the keyboard. It's one thing to share phone numbers with someone, it's another thing to get that person to answer your call.

I think Samsung wants to see how well their keyboard dock sells before enabling this feature (I *hope*) in a future release of Android for the Tab. Don't lose hope yet! If this were an el-cheapo Android tablet, then I'd say there's probably no hope for it. But Samsung has put a lot of resources into this tablet, so there will be a lot of development (and hacking) for it. And a lot of users who spent a lot of money are very pissed off, even returning the tablets back to the store. That's good, let Samsung know you're angry!

Meanwhile, I have just received in the mail a Bluetooth developer's book. I will see what I can determine about the internals of BT on the Tab: I know the full BT stack is there because I did use it to transfer files with my Mac. I was also able to write an Android app that paired my HTC Incredible (which also prohibits connecting with a KB & mouse) with my BT mouse, but I didn't go as far as to connect and read mouse movements. Pairing is easy, connecting is the question. I'll try the keyboard next.

rmjdees

Nov 7, 2010
On the VZW Tab, I have been able to pair a keyboard, but not get it to connect either.

I tried the latest version of BlueInput off of the Teksoft, but it does the same thing - pairs, bur won't connect. (There's an earlier demo version in the market). I also tried KeyPro from the market (also demo), but it doesn't seem to recognize the keyboard I'm trying to use (gearxs bluetooth mini keyboard - it appears to be sold under other names - it came with a CD with Android drivers, but it pairs, but won't connect).

randy

adambowersva

Jun 6, 2010
I have the T-Mobile US version and I can now also confirm it working for both mouse and keyboard. I bought a logitech revolution 5500 combo at best buy and they both paired without a hitch. Simply awesome I must say. Tab recognized them independently by name. When asked for pin for pairing the keyboard I entered it on the keyboard itself and then was connected upon hitting enter.

I have the T-Mobile US version and I can now also confirm it working for both mouse and keyboard.

Ok, great! That's encouraging. So it looks like Verizon may be the culprit and not Samsung. I'm now considering taking a trip to BestBuy to see if I can trade my Verizon Tab for a different one, I think a Sprint model was available. I'll test it with a BT keyboard & mouse before I bring it home.

[edit] Were it not for a $90 restocking fee and an assurance from Sprint customer support that the Sprint model of the Tab does not support the HID Bluetooth profile, I might have traded my Verizon model for a Sprint model. Contrary to what the Sprint customer support person said, in the store I was able to get the Sprint model to *attempt* to connect to my Bluetooth mouse (which I brought with me). There was a menu option on the Sprint model that let me view Bluetooth connection options, allowing me to use the mouse as a HID device. I believe that the problem was an incompatibility with the mouse itself. This menu option is utterly absent on my Verizon model. Next time I go back I'll try bringing my Apple keyboard (the BestBuy I went to didn't have a Bluetooth keyboard in the whole building).

Last edited:

ins0

May 19, 2010
I have the T-Mobile US version and I can now also confirm it working for both mouse and keyboard. I bought a logitech revolution 5500 combo at best buy and they both paired without a hitch. Simply awesome I must say. Tab recognized them independently by name. When asked for pin for pairing the keyboard I entered it on the keyboard itself and then was connected upon hitting enter.

Ditto....works just fine for me on my stock t-mobile tab...

wovens

Oct 20, 2006
Orpington
I'm not sure about BT keyboards but the kb-dock sold by Carphone Warehouse UK seems to be the Samsung keyboard and it looks pretty cool and holds the tab upright at a slight angle for visibility. Been sold at nearly £40. I'm thinking of getting it because it will save battery and can also plug the charger and headphone while docked. I don't have any bt keyboard anyway and that feels just right.
Thanks everybody for your input on this forum.

dykefish

Nov 26, 2010
I have a MS BT mouse notebook 5000, It'll pair but will not connect no matter what I try. This is on a Sprint Tab. Anyone get a Sprint working with BT 5000?

On the other hand Im able to use my Motorola BT S9 head set as headphones and make Unlocked Skype 3g calls no problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried them - would love some ideas

First question - a couple of posters mention the European ROMs. Where can we download them?

Second question - has anyone connected to the iGo Stowaway keyboard on a Sprint GT?

I have the Sprint GT and have tried several BT keyboards so far - Apple's keyboard, the iGo Stowaway, Microsoft's BT Mobile Keyboard 6000, and the Freedom Pro bluetooth Keyboard. The only one I've gotten to work so far is the Freedom Pro. All the others can pair with the GT but will not connect.

The Freedom Pro is a bit clunky to configure and requires some getting used to. Once you have the Freedom Pro selected as your input method that is your only method of input; if you want to use Swype you have to choose it for each application. Not a problem if you're sitting down to do some dedicated work with the keyboard but an annoyance nonetheless. If anyone is interested I'll post the instructions on how to connect to the Freedom Pro.

I have been able to get the T-Mobile GT connected to an Agama M-905BT mouse and the Microsoft BT Mobile Keyboard 6000 but they seemed to fight with each other for connection for some reason and one or the other would randomly disconnect at times. Has anyone else had issues like that?

@GeorgijSapkin - the small keyboard shown in the video is an IO Data Mobile Wireless Keyboard made for the Japanese market. Google 'io data keyboard bluetooth' and the first four items will give you more info about it.
    Are you using the Sprint GT? If so I would love to hear how you got it to connect. I've tried everything I could think of including some of the apps in the Market but none of them have seemed to work for me.

On at&t tab with rOtOs rOm