[App]Official Moto Video Player

Search This thread

SS2006

Aug 23, 2008
London, Ontario
This is the official motorola video player

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DNRIA0D

Download to device and install (may not download with xoom itself so dl using a PC and transfer to Xoom storage)

If install fails for any reason:
Place in system / app using root explorer or adb
then restsrt device
I got it from my moto atrix for whatever reason its not installed on the xoom

Powerful player and works with upnplay for streaming 720p content from ur home network unlike rock player or vplayer (slow and audio video sync issues)

Last edited:

Phylar

Aug 19, 2010
Hotfile is being a real pain. could you put it on a better dump site? I'd love to try this. Does 720p high profile work?

SS2006

Aug 23, 2008
London, Ontario
i doubt that but i didnt try. Its just a MUCH better stock player that will play alot that the 'movies' app won't. Such as dlna over ur network for example (flvs, mp4s)

ive re-upped it.

Last edited:

johnpwu

Dec 30, 2007

Powerful player and works with upnplay for streaming 720p content from ur home network unlike rock player or vplayer (slow and audio video sync issues)

Tried installing using the directions posted, no luck. Could you give a little more info on install/use please?

Last edited:

robbiev80

Aug 25, 2010
Tried installing using the directions posted, no luck. Could you give a little more info on install/use please?

1) download file on your pc (it wouldn't work when I downloaded straight on my xoom)
2) move the file over to your "sdcard"
3) open Root Explorer (make sure you are rooted)
4) move the file on your sd card over to /system/app (make sure /system/app is in r/w mode)

The end.

Reactions: SS2006

lesjaw

Jun 3, 2008
1) download file on your pc (it wouldn't work when I downloaded straight on my xoom)
4) move the file on your sd card over to /system/app (make sure /system/app is in r/w mode)

The end.

mirror please, mediafire.com or multiupload.com

thanks

johnpwu

Dec 30, 2007

The end.

Thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I did the first time. I did it again, and didn't have any problems (again). Maybe what I'm missing is how to actually play videos with this player? When I open a video file, I don't have a new listing/app option. I'm also very interesting in the streaming features the OP mentioned.

funnycreature

Thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I did the first time. I did it again, and didn't have any problems (again). Maybe what I'm missing is how to actually play videos with this player? When I open a video file, I don't have a new listing/app option. I'm also very interesting in the streaming features the OP mentioned.

Most likely you have already defined one of your Multimedia apps as default player. Go to Settings>Applications and find your video players. One of them will have the "Launch by default" set. If you clear that you should be able to see the list of choices again when playing a video file.

Reactions: SS2006

johnpwu

Dec 30, 2007
Most likely you have already defined one of your Multimedia apps as default player. Go to Settings>Applications and find your video players. One of them will have the "Launch by default" set. If you clear that you should be able to see the list of choices again when playing a video file.

Sorry, I should have explained more fully. It's not that I don't get the list of apps with which I can play a video, it's that there isn't a new app in the list-- I have no way to select this new player

khov07

Jan 9, 2010
California
Not to put a damper on anyone's enthusiasm around here, but has it occurred to anyone that maybe it won't work quite right because this apk was designed for a different OS version, OS skin, different hardware (though same Tegra 2 SOC), etc?

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
I Signed the APK now you can install it, at least it worked for me. OP if you want to download this and repost it I will delete this file after. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnpwu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2DNRIA0D

Download to device and install (may not download with xoom itself so dl using a PC and transfer to Xoom storage)

If install fails for any reason:
    Place in system / app using root explorer or adb
    then restsrt device
    I got it from my moto atrix for whatever reason its not installed on the xoom

The end.

I Signed the APK now you can install it, at least it worked for me. OP if you want to download this and repost it I will delete this file after. Thanks for posting.