[ROM][05.06] Team Venom presents: ViperX 4.1.1 - welcome to the future

Search This thread

drivenby

Mar 8, 2012
That's insane, I only get half that (10.4%/hr according to BBS).
Care to share your tweak settings?

It's not that impressive, I think it's better than stock for sure though.. , I slept for like 6 hours after unplugging it (i worked in the night) , when you are not constantly turning on and off the phone its easier to get it to stay asleep. I only have one thing set to sync, Gmail, I use friendcaster for Facebook (which never wakes up the phone unlike the Facebook app) .

Wifi was on for the entire run, another factor to reduce drain.

The best advice I can give anyone, other than underclocking or undervolting, is to make sure your phone is sleeping when you are not using it!. So check your bbs stats, specially alarm and partial wake locks (although the other stuff is important too) and change or kill what's keeping the phone awake.

On further inspection I can see that htc sense took a lot of battery, so I'm switching back to nova. Line woke my phone almost a 1000 times... Hmm I don't know how to fix that yet -_-

Also I lowered the "auto back light" to lower.

For testing purposes I didn't so any gaming either, on a regular day I would at least try to play 15 minutes of dead trigger or something like that.

Images
9unana8a.jpg

3e2y2ytu.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

{< r o N o $

Dec 27, 2012
Navi Mumbai
Your wifi signal could be a hardware fault like the one i have on my phone. I read on the Viper ICS forum how to fix this (temporarily)
Turn your wifi on, and let it connect with the weak signal.
Then pinch your screen at the top right, and wait to see if the signal jumps up. If it does, it's a known hardware fault. Might have to send it in for repairs.

My god... The wifi trick worked. Dafuq? Does it mean i have yo send it for service? :confused:

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

drali500

Jul 29, 2012
Your wifi signal could be a hardware fault like the one i have on my phone. I read on the Viper ICS forum how to fix this (temporarily)
Turn your wifi on, and let it connect with the weak signal.
Then pinch your screen at the top right, and wait to see if the signal jumps up. If it does, it's a known hardware fault. Might have to send it in for repairs.

No it's not it's hboot related. Had no issues with ics

This cid still 1.31

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: {< r o N o $

RsurNexusS

Nov 6, 2011
Melbourne
This may be very very stupid. I am on jellybean renovate 12.1.2. And I don't have a computer so I was wondering if they both have the same boot.img as viperx so maybe I can flash the new viperx Rom straight away.

Sent from my beast One X powered by JB RENOVATE

TToivanen

May 16, 2012
This may be very very stupid. I am on jellybean renovate 12.1.2. And I don't have a computer so I was wondering if they both have the same boot.img as viperx so maybe I can flash the new viperx Rom straight away.

Sent from my beast One X powered by JB RENOVATE

Not gonna work.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: RsurNexusS

xtr0ngrid

Dec 5, 2012
Hi guys I hope someone can help me solve this issue.
Whenever I get a incomming call, my phone reboots. I have tested this by calling my number from a different phone and i can hear the fone ringing from other phone but my HOX reboots. I had installed the rom with full wipe and updated to 2 the new otas. currently on 3.2.2. Please help.

nemer12

Nov 20, 2009
Bucharest
www.adevice.ro
there are also some bugs..whatsapp is not that smooth like in stock ROM :| ....

and if u slide to the last page(when ur in the homescreen) to the left..and try to slide more it will work like u have another page..try it.

Guich

May 18, 2012
Somewhere
there are also some bugs..whatsapp is not that smooth like in stock ROM :| ....

and if u slide to the last page(when ur in the homescreen) to the left..and try to slide more it will work like u have another page..try it.

Whatsapp, for me, is very smooth, like in stock rom.

Have you activate the infinite scrolling?? Because i don't have the problem :)

Sent from HOX

dortok

Jan 22, 2010
Toronto
When I run Root Explorer, it does not get a response from super user so it closes. Anyone have an idea why? Other apps which require root run properly.

xtr0ngrid

Dec 5, 2012
Hi guys I hope someone can help me solve this issue.
Whenever I get a incomming call, my phone reboots. I have tested this by calling my number from a different phone and i can hear the fone ringing from other phone but my HOX reboots. I had installed the rom with full wipe and updated to 2 the new otas. currently on 3.2.2. Please help.

Ok i turned of the AOPS lockscreen workaround and I am getting the calls now. Looks like that was the issue.
Is there something i need to do to make it work with the workaround? Thanks

Reactions: mjckt

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
When I run Root Explorer, it does not get a response from super user so it closes. Anyone have an idea why? Other apps which require root run properly.

I had that with SDBooster wich could not obtain root rights. Strange, and un- and reinstalling the app did not help either.

Last edited:

xorizont

Feb 11, 2012
Moscow
Found some kind of bug:
When try to open recent apps, for example while I am searching for an app in menu, firstly opens 3-dot menu and only after this recent apps opens.
3-dot menu disabled in tweaks but it still appear in main menu

Tableuraz

Apr 15, 2009
I've got an issue, after OTA, neither Viper Tweaks or Viper Hub start, Viper Tweaks shows a black screen for 1 sec then diseappears and Viper Hub force-closes...

Snah001

Jun 3, 2006
Netherlands
Install it from folder where the download is stored manually

When I Download Any skin from Venom HUB Then Install It
When I Go To Personalize To Apply It
:( Not Find It Installed within the Skins :rolleyes:

No problem here mate

Found some kind of bug:
When try to open recent apps, for example while I am searching for an app in menu, firstly opens 3-dot menu and only after this recent apps opens.
3-dot menu disabled in tweaks but it still appear in main menu

Works fine here, Hub works, tweaks work. Maybe flash ota again.
Oh, maybe a good idea always to make a nandroid before flashing ota's etc.
Bad downloads can always happen.

I've got an issue, after OTA, neither Viper Tweaks or Viper Hub start, Viper Tweaks shows a black screen for 1 sec then diseappears and Viper Hub force-closes...

chroust

Aug 30, 2008
Liberec
Hi guys ... just tried to apply ota 3.2.2 and INTERNALSDCARD Error is still present, I had to flash it manualy.
HBOOT 1.36
CWM 5.8.4.0

Otherwise awesome work!

bl0wf1sh

Feb 16, 2011
Known Bugs on first page

Once again, thanks for the great ROM and quick updates :good: . If I find some time and figure out how to, I'll make statusbar icons for it to suit my own taste...

In the meantime, just a suggestion: it would be great to see a list of "known bugs" (additionally to the "fixed bugs" listed for the releases) on the first page; this thread is already 100+ pages, and I see people asking the same questions over and over again (such as the three-dot menu thingy :silly: ).

Reactions: hd2neuling

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL VIPER X JB FAQ

The aim of this post is to answer the common questions related to VIPER X JB :good:

This is catered to the ever present, NEW BORN NOOB to the SEASONED SERIAL FLASHER :p

PS: I am not going to explain how to setup ADB and where to find HTC Sync drivers, there are TONS of threads and if you're really lazy, just GOOGLE IT!!!!!

Without further a doozie, lets get the FAQ on with things :highfive:

FAQ

Q: Sweep to Wake not working.
    A: No custom (htc source)kernel for that yet.​

Q: Missing C in Clock/Weatherwidget
    A: Known issue.. fixed in 3.3.3OTA​

Q: After installing OTA i cant go into recovery.
    A: Remove OTA.zipp from SD sd/download/​

Q: Changing Fonts not working
    A: Select mount system as read/write in Tweaks​

Q: Lag in Appdrawer
    A: Disable transparency​

Q: OTA doesn't flash in Recovery
    A: Try to use recommended TWRP recovery​

Q: Can I flash Viper X JB on my HOX
    A: YES, provided you have a HOX with at least HBOOT 1.31 (1.36/1.39 RECOMMENDED)​

Q: How do I get HBOOT 1.31/1.36/1.39?
    A: HBOOT 1.31/1.36/1.39 are UNFORTUNATELY CID dependant!!!!​

Q: CID you SAY?? What BLASPHEMY is this you speak OF????
    A: It is your Customer ID, this is based on where you purchased your HOX (VodaFone, Car Warehouse, Crack Dealer, ETC ETC)
    They are not universal and are not supplied by your local hook up and there is nothing Team Venom can do to change that.​

Q: How do I check my CID?
    A: Use THIS simple app​

Q: My CID is among the privileged few what now???
    A: Check THIS thread for the safest and easiest way to upgrade your HBOOT to ViperX JB compatiblity.
    Once on the needed HBOOT, you may flash ViperX JB and ENJOY a REAL CUSTOM ROM​

Q: I used OMG SUPER MOD zip on ICS Viper, will it work on JB Viper.
    A: NO, unless your developer has updated the MOD/APP for 3.14.401.31 base it wont work.
    ViperX also has an extensively modified framework-res.apk and any mods that modify this apk WILL break VenomTweaks.​

Q: My battery drains fast/look my battery stats
    A: If you want to discuss batterystats/usage (on custom kernels in the future) Go to Goku80,s thread

NB: I will update this FAQ as time permits will more info related to questions regarding ViperX JB and ViperX ICS, this is as much as I am able to do tonight.​
    changelog.png

ViperX 4.0.0

• Sense 5
    • Based on 4.18.401.2 release-keys
    • Android 4.2.2
    • Many tweaks available, more to come
    • Updated Spanish, Russian translations, D-SHEL , guillerag

Few hours late from the 2-3 Days. Sorry had to sleep :(
    Good morning fellow viper users :)

I have some news

Will be releasing new Rom within 2-3 days.

Thankyou for your patience.

Regards Roos

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app