File sharing between android devices

Search This thread

nani4215

Jun 18, 2012
Miami
Hi

Yesterday I have come across a beautiful app called SperBeam which is used for file sharing between android apps.

I am able to transfer 1GB data(videos and photos) from my samsung galaxy s3 to asus transformer infinity tablet in 6 minutes. Thats awsome.

This software uses wifi if it is available, or else wifidirect technology.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Dec 29, 2011
ES file Explorer is a also good option to tranfer files between android devices... and between android and pc? Any one have a good app ? Something that works like es file explorer would be amazing.

whatisreal7

Jul 19, 2012
Mountain View
I still feel all these P2P file sharing apps are clunky and not consumer-friendly. That said, I'm going to fix that...I'm building an app called Drop, and it is a simple, fast, and secure way to share files with people/devices in proximity over WiFi Direct. It is going into a limited Private Beta soon, so if you're up for the challenge, (and running Jelly Bean) then sign up at www.get-drop.com. Seats are limited, and we have a rolling enrollment, so check it out.

@llforone

Jul 24, 2012
I still feel all these P2P file sharing apps are clunky and not consumer-friendly. That said, I'm going to fix that...I'm building an app called Drop, and it is a simple, fast, and secure way to share files with people/devices in proximity over WiFi Direct. It is going into a limited Private Beta soon, so if you're up for the challenge, (and running Jelly Bean) then sign up at www.get-drop.com. Seats are limited, and we have a rolling enrollment, so check it out.

Thanks Whatisreal. I just signed up. There are tons of file sharing apps in the app store, but they all look like they were made by engineers who know how the inner plumbing of your phone works, and they expect you to know too. I'm a casual user, and I'm looking for something that works for "everyone", not just the propeller heads! Kind of like Apple's approach (putting flame suit on..)

narasimhan

Sep 6, 2012
Sorry for bumping this old thread. But I am using esfile explorer to transfer files between pc and my phone/tablet using wifi. They are connected to the same wifi. But though I am able to transfer between tablet and pc or phone and pc. I am unable to do the same between phone and tablet. Of course I can install this superbeam for the same but I just wanted to know if it is possible by using esfile explorer. Also can I transfer files using wifi direct(ie without using the common wifi modem) using esfile explorer?

fatboyinlycra

Nov 21, 2012
Mold
Sorry for bumping this old thread. But I am using esfile explorer to transfer files between pc and my phone/tablet using wifi. They are connected to the same wifi. But though I am able to transfer between tablet and pc or phone and pc. I am unable to do the same between phone and tablet. Of course I can install this superbeam for the same but I just wanted to know if it is possible by using esfile explorer. Also can I transfer files using wifi direct(ie without using the common wifi modem) using esfile explorer?

I use wifi file transfer - ttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antosdr.wififiletransfer&hl=en

ES File Explorer uses this as a plugin so I can select multiple files or folders then take the option in ES to "share" and then share via wifi file transfer, you just need to have the app installed on both devices and make sure the receiving device has wifi file trasnfer running and recady to receive

The other option I use for files that arent huge is dropbox and gogole drive - again ES File Explorer can plug into those for easy upload and download

narasimhan

Sep 6, 2012
Actually ES File Explorer has the ability in itself to create a wifi file sharing hotspot. I just couldn't find it before. Now after some tries I finally got it to work. It doesnt require an external wifi(modem). ES file itself creates a wifi server (similar to bluetooth) to which other devices can connect and share files.

chrisrank

Jun 18, 2014
I've found an app called shoutr, that's available in the Google Play Store and at shoutr.net, that lets you share between devices without even having to have internet or WiFi access, pretty convenient!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Yesterday I have come across a beautiful app called SperBeam which is used for file sharing between android apps.

I am able to transfer 1GB data(videos and photos) from my samsung galaxy s3 to asus transformer infinity tablet in 6 minutes. Thats awsome.

This software uses wifi if it is available, or else wifidirect technology.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app