[EXPERIMENTAL] Semi-official builds of Omni

Search This thread

CMNein

Apr 23, 2012
Calgary
That's weird. And yeah, jenson eventually tried TWRP and things worked fine.

It started happening at ~6.0.3.6 or thereabouts, only if a factory reset was performed. I thought nothing of it until I wiped and flashed Omni a few days ago and was stung, I've since made the shift to TWRP as well. IIRC TWRP had a similar issue an iteration or two, or three ago (?).

Mr. Polite

Mar 15, 2009
No data

Great ROM, I'm excited to see where this goes.

Has anyone else lost data completely? I have the LTE/4G fix flashed and have working 4G with SlimROM, but lose all data connectivity except wifi when I flash this and some PA ROMs. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mr. Polite

Mar 15, 2009
Not quite. I flashed using latest TWRP and haven't recovered data. I'm assuming you're referring to the baseband question because I don't see anything that specifically ask about loss of data.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

TheeWolf

Oct 8, 2011
Can I ask why are these builds, for example for the Nexus 4, are only semi-official? They are built by one of the main developers and not someone who decided to build it on his own.

cammel

Jan 18, 2008
Buenos Aires
Can I ask why are these builds, for example for the Nexus 4, are only semi-official? They are built by one of the main developers and not someone who decided to build it on his own.

+1 and can also anyone who already has installed omnirom please tell us how it is working on the nexus 4?? Thanks in advance!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk

Mantulis

Dec 21, 2010
+1 and can also anyone who already has installed omnirom please tell us how it is working on the nexus 4?? Thanks in advance!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk

Hey. I'm running as my daily driver for now. Running flawless on Nexus 4 expect some bugs here and here nothing major to impact your life experience ;).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: cammel

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

Just like CM, anything that doesn't come from an official build server is going to be considered unofficial. Stuff that comes from known members of the team or designated maintainers is, at best, semi-official.

We have a ton of work to do and things to merge before official builds can start IMO.

cammel

Jan 18, 2008
Buenos Aires
Hey. I'm running as my daily driver for now. Running flawless on Nexus 4 expect some bugs here and here nothing major to impact your life experience ;).

Awesome, thanks for your answer!
I'm running CM10.2 nightlys right now, but I really want to try this rom out! So, I should only flash the rom from first post, and then official gapps from goo.im and that's it, right?
How's the camera working by the way...
Thanks in advance!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 4

Blacksmokah

Jan 15, 2013
Berlin
I can't understand why the youngster's so impatient :S

Every work needs time, but till now the ROM works great on my dev/test Nexus4. Fast and smooth.
For sure here and there are bug's but nothing important or major issue...

In my opinion, just flash it test it and see how it is

Mantulis

Dec 21, 2010
Awesome, thanks for your answer!
I'm running CM10.2 nightlys right now, but I really want to try this rom out! So, I should only flash the rom from first post, and then official gapps from goo.im and that's it, right?
How's the camera working by the way...
Thanks in advance!

Pretty much all you need. Don't forget flash SuperSu. Cheer's.
/Edit
Btw if you stuck on boot loop you need to do factory reset.

Last edited:

4NDR345

Oct 28, 2011
Germany
Pretty much all you need. Don't forget flash SuperSu. Cheer's.
/Edit
Btw if you stuck on boot lop you need to do factory reset.

Ya for a starting Rom it runs awesome. Little bugs but nothing special. Sometimes navbar shows background of an app for example text in browser or in fb app but it's Ok.

Send from my Nexus 4 using tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Thanks! But why will I need to flash supersu? Isn't this rom already rooted? Thanks!

No Rom didn't have root ATM... So flash latest supersu zip 1.65

Send from my Nexus 4 using tapatalk 4

Reactions: cammel

Top Liked Posts