[Noob-friendly] Goldcard SPL Downgrade Method; No Android-Phone and/or custom wires!

Search This thread

iconata

Sep 5, 2010
Burgas
I haven't tested, but I'm 95% sure that this method will fix your phone.

To enter USB Host Mode, shut down your phone and then press power+camera+volume-down for about 10 sec. The phone doesn't need to be connected to a pc.

Regards, Klaus

hm... i held the buttons just now for about 1 minute and nothing.. it just displays that screen.. any other suggestions?

Attachments

• 20120416_092024.jpg
    20120416_092024.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 292

thekiller99

Feb 9, 2009
Those Y cables are pretty much the same as custom ones. You still need to buy them =.= its just well written with links to each rom which is the only thing i found useful

iconata

Sep 5, 2010
Burgas
This was also my screen... And with Y-usb cable and goldcard solved the problem...
With little euros, I bought cable and plugs

guys look at the first picture.. that's a bricked bootloader.. now look at the second.. that's a halfbricked bootloader.. what's the difference you ask? the difference is that on the halfbricked you can enter usb host mode.. how did i fix it? i send a cab that contained an update to bootloader v5.12 (mine was 4.65) and it worked! now i can try the method in the first post :)

Attachments

• 20120416_092024.jpg
    20120416_092024.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 383
  • 20120417_100433.jpg
    20120417_100433.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 476
  • 20120417_100926.jpg
    20120417_100926.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 417

iconata

Sep 5, 2010
Burgas
i cant seem to make the phone to start updating... i dont why.. is it because i use 2gb micro sd.. incorrectly connected cables? i dont know why.. both devices got power.. any help?

techtalkonline

Jun 13, 2006
Spalding, UK
guys look at the first picture.. that's a bricked bootloader.. now look at the second.. that's a halfbricked bootloader.. what's the difference you ask? the difference is that on the halfbricked you can enter usb host mode.. how did i fix it? i send a cab that contained an update to bootloader v5.12 (mine was 4.65) and it worked! now i can try the method in the first post :)

What cab and where can I get it? How do you install the cab? My bootloader is "half-bricked" so I agree the phone jjust needs the bootloader upgrading.

Any help on this matter is appreciated!

iconata

Sep 5, 2010
Burgas
What cab and where can I get it? How do you install the cab? My bootloader is "half-bricked" so I agree the phone jjust needs the bootloader upgrading.

Any help on this matter is appreciated!

if your phone is 7 trophy you can download it from the forum. it's version 5.12.. or you can download it from the cab sender & updates thread

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Two questions:
1. Is the USB hub powered? The phone's USB port can't supply enough power to run a cardreader (it's intended to be a client port, not a host port).
2. What USB hub are you using that can connect to the phone's microUSB port?

Additionally, you should be aware that a USB hub is another USB device (USB Host Controller class). If the phone is just looking for a card reader (USB Mass Storage class) it won't be able to use the hub. A Y-cable is recommended because it allows you to directly connect the phone to the card-reader, while also providing power for the reader.

celikba

Jun 4, 2009
Paris
Thank's MarysFetus !
That's a really useful and simple tutorial.
Great contribution for WP7 community !

Sent from my 7 Trophy using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

NeuroXT

Apr 7, 2012
Firstly I think this is a better example of a half-bricked bootloader:
http://i40.tinypic.com/kd1z5f.jpg

Second, Ive got a problem. My one is like the picture above, half-bricked and can still go USB host mode, although Model ID is completely screwed up. I havent done sending cabs to it because from what I understand the update has to match the value of the phone (I think these are codes depending on region) and the most popular one (for the trophy) is 401, but mine is 162, so there is no point sending the cab over as it may or may not fix my problem. I can still do goldcard only whenever it loads the file it gets stuck at "Checking..." and then theres a word "serial" in a white bar and nothing happens anymore.

Help would be appreciated, and also donated.

EDIT
Yes, the card reader does need more power, but in this example, he used a USB wall charger which pumps at least 12v, whereas on PC it is estimated as 5v. The phone pumps 5v to read/write mass storage and so does old USBs with slower read/write. So if youre using a new USB stick with readyboost technology (yes you can also use a USB stick as goldcard), or a USB hub, you need more power, otherwise it will be underpowered and wont work at all.

Last edited:

iconata

Sep 5, 2010
Burgas
the criteria for bricked bootloader is not having the line "serial" or "usb" in the white field.. yours is fine

Update: I tried several memory cards, with several mobile phones.. and funny thing... just for the kicks i patched a 4gb flash drive to a gold card and put SPARIMG.nbh on it.. and OMG it started updating... i've been trying for 3 days now and i'm so relived that it finally worked :) thnx for the guide! you can put in OP that flash drives work too i confirm that with both hands :)

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Reactions: GoodDayToDie

JulietteOnXDA

Jul 6, 2011
Berlin
here it goes.

my componente to do this are:

card reader + gold card,
my phone,
and an usb hub to hook them up

then, i hook them up, and boot my phone into usb host mode, but, no installation progress for > 30 min :|

Be sure to format the goldcard to fat32 and that you attached the usb hub to a power source. I need further information to give you more exactly advice.

Check GoodDayToDie answer as well.

Last edited:

JulietteOnXDA

Jul 6, 2011
Berlin
the criteria for bricked bootloader is not having the line "serial" or "usb" in the white field.. yours is fine

Update: I tried several memory cards, with several mobile phones.. and funny thing... just for the kicks i patched a 4gb flash drive to a gold card and put SPARIMG.nbh on it.. and OMG it started updating... i've been trying for 3 days now and i'm so relived that it finally worked :) thnx for the guide! you can put in OP that flash drives work too i confirm that with both hands :)

Thanks, added it to OP, as well as the picture. :)

Reactions: iconata

Top Liked Posts