I'm ditching the 4S for the Galaxy Note

Search This thread

Colingajewski

Feb 22, 2012
Friend of mine was showing off her new 4s in the pub the other night - seemed very happy with it until later when I got my Note out... "Is this better than the 4s?" "Looks better..."

Sent from my GT-N7000

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Wish me luck.

It's going to be shipped within 5-6 Business days (maybe earlier)

I've gone android before, but it was the HTC Vivid. Then I switched back to the 4S.

It looks pretty sweet.

From the reviews I've read, it's 1) fast 2) amazing screen --- OH BABY, NETFLIX! 3) a joy to game on

Looks very promising.

The only thing I'm scared of is holding it up to take a call in public LOL

Vivid? That would imply you're on AT&T... Did you get the N7000, or did you get AT&T's crippled version of the Note?

Everything I've heard is that the Vivid was an epic turd - and the AT&T Note suffers from lots of problems (such as poor battery life) that don't exist in the N7000. Classic AT&T - in bed with Apple, so they go out of their way to make sure their Android devices are crippled.

Last edited:

M3TALLICA

Nov 14, 2011
Heh, I heard that iphone is only for gay fags, so I never wouldn't take it my in hand ;)
Never owned an iPhone.
Having said that, there are some moments when I feel small phone is useful.
And if you want to have iPhone vs Android/Note debate, create a new thread in general section.

Last edited:

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD
Don't get i717... Unless you want lte and shorter battery life. I noticed huge difference when I purchased i717 first, graphic and performance was noticeably laggy. I eventually returned i717 and purchased n7000 and I couldn't be happier!

As far as netflix goes, I couldn't enjoy much since the app was really laggy and doesn't support HD quality viewing. On network speed took forever to load up all the movie covers since on galaxy note netflix UI is in tablet format, on wifi it was semi okay but still no HD viewing. I ended up just cancelling it, too many old crappy movies that I don't care for...

Oh and don't be surprised by black banding/clipping issue... It's well known issue. Hopefully ICS update can fix it, if not I'm still keeping the note! I just can't go back to the small iphone screen anymore :p

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD
Is that a bad thing? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which part? Having i717 or netflix or black banding/clipping?

Netflix and black color issues are minor issues to me, but some people might get annoyed when watching dark movies. Even having i717 is personal preference in my opinion. I did love the LTE speed but daily performance wise I couldn't handle the lagginess, especially when playing games :(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

marvel79

Apr 19, 2012
congrats man but pray that ICS update comes soon because now gingerbread is like 100000 years old for such a beast! i really feel like gingerbread is bull**** for Note!

It is but there are enough custom rooms available anyway. I'm running ics stunner and it's awesome!

I've seen stock ICS on S2 and it's so bad I would always use custom anyway.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
It is but there are enough custom rooms available anyway. I'm running ics stunner and it's awesome!

I've seen stock ICS on S2 and it's so bad I would always use custom anyway.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Also, the ICS scene here is going to be way ahead of that for the I717.

It's disappointing that in the US and Canada, the only way to get a decent phone is to use your contract subsidy to buy some POS, eBay it, and use the money to buy a real device.

Although in the US, Straight Talk's new BYOD plans are quite promising.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

naveen94

Apr 20, 2012
I switched from a iPhone 4s and I've never looked back. When i take my iPhone out and hold it in my hands i can believe i used it. The not destroys it on every level! Unless the iPhone 5 has at least a 4.3 in screen i do not see myself changing from this monster.

emuX

Sep 2, 2009
I'd really appreciate it if you didn't insult me (I'm grouped into the Apple crowd). Just because someone buys Apple and likes them doesn't automatically mean they are a 'mindless iSheep' or such. I own a Note and an iPhone and love both Android and iOS and couldn't live without either one. I would appreciate it if you weren't so closed minded about OSes and technology (ie. not a blind Android-Fan-Apple-Hater)

While it is true that a proportion of iPhone/iPad owners are tech savvy and own lots of different devices that run different OSes, Apple's brand does attract some fanbois that are arrogant and act superior to everyone else.

I work in IT and I've had different phones with different OSes over the years and buy on technical merit for the most part. When I switched from iPhone to the Note recently a fair few of the Fanbois at work came round my desk poking fun at the Note and trying to demonstrate what a mistake I'd made...

It even got to the stage where they were trying to suggest Android was slow because it took an extra 0.1s for the screen to turn on from sleep. When I suggested a better test of speed (turn WiFi/Bluetooth on/off) they walked away muttering! :D

As with all things, a minority are responsible for a general opinion. In this case that Apple Fanbois are arrogant, superior acting drones with an ego the size of the Note's screen ;)

Don't take it personally dude.

Last edited:

nyamoV2

Mar 17, 2011
Des Moines
Also, the ICS scene here is going to be way ahead of that for the I717.

It's disappointing that in the US and Canada, the only way to get a decent phone is to use your contract subsidy to buy some POS, eBay it, and use the money to buy a real device.

Although in the US, Straight Talk's new BYOD plans are quite promising.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

I feel your pain. I think my i777 will be my last branded phone.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

mumboender

Jun 18, 2007
Simi Valley, CA
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
Made the same move...you won't regret it. I also would recommend going the international version vs. the LTE version. Even though I am on AT&T I don't miss LTE because I never had it with my iPhone. There are pros and cons I went from the tilt2 winmo phone and loved that the iphone just worked out of the box but in the end I missed the tinkering and flashing. Jailbreaking is just not enough.

Netflix is laggy on the menu just as it is on the iPhone and yes the quality is not great but again just like the iPhone so if your using it now you won't be dissapointed unlike how it looks on the ipad which is awesome. And
flash support is so nice....

The color banding issue does suck if you use less than 100 percent brightness but it is much better in some custom roms than others and tablet mode in ics is way way cool....

Rayan

Feb 24, 2004
Baja
www.youtube.com
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Wish me luck.

I've gone android before, but it was the HTC Vivid. Then I switched back to the 4S.

It looks pretty sweet.

From the reviews I've read, it's 1) fast 2) amazing screen --- OH BABY, NETFLIX! 3) a joy to game on

Looks very promising.

Here, see this video to get yourself "in the mood" while you wait for your mighty Note... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NnVU8R6mAU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wish me luck.

It looks pretty sweet.

Looks very promising.

Wish me luck.

It looks pretty sweet.

Looks very promising.

don't be afraid hold your head high and hold the bad boy to your ear, show the world you have real taste in phones and are not part of some apple fan boy flock who will buy anything because it has a i at the start of its name.... :)