[GUIDE][nvFlash]The Chickens Guide to Flashing the bootloader manually

Search This thread

sarvuschiavu

Aug 30, 2017
Scusate a tutti, ma un cazzo di link, porcodio, senza la pubblicità o virus delle puttane troie schifose delle vostre madri riuscite a metterlo? No, perché mannaggia la madonna santissima addolorata ogni cazzo di volta è un problema stare più a non scaricare virus che a scaricare un fottutissimo programma; mannaggia il culo sventrato di gesu cristo penso che molti vi sarebbero grati se pubblicate questi cazzo di link senza sbattimenti mannaggia lo spirito santo & tutti i santi & angeli annessi.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

here is a guide and some pix so you can see what 'should' happen:) when using civato's nvFlash manual method.

Get yr 15 digit CPUID - not your 11/13 digit ICS serial no.
    the correct uid is VITAL, using the wrong one can cause you problems.

all righty you've made the decision to flash the patched bootloader and install a custom recovery and one of the many custom ICS/JB roms -

1. Ensure both Acer and adb drivers are installed
    2. Retrieve HC CPUID
    3. Generate your SBK from Blackthund3rs site: http://a500bootloaderflash.tk/sbkcalc/
    4. Download yr ROM of choice and put it on yr external sd card
    5. Put your tab in APX Mode manually or with apxFlashTool
    6. Flash the Bootloader/Custom Recovery
    7. Reboot to Custom recovery and do a full data wipe/format
    8. Flash your chosen ICS/JB ROM
    9. For good measure reboot to recovery and do another full wipe
    10. Reboot and enjoy ICS/Jellybean

nb: I know it sounds overkill for all these data wipes/formats but in my experiences and alot of others on here multiple wipes ensure a smooth
    running rom

Prep Work

To enter APX mode - Turn your tab off then press and hold in the Reset button(with paper clip).
    Do not release it.
    Press and hold power for 3 secs and then release it.
    After another second, release the reset button.

Download V8-UNL-ICS-HC-bootloader-MULTI-cwm and extract the files for the manual nvFlash

If you are coming from HC then d/l your ICS/JB rom of choice to yr ext sdcard

WARNING: at Step 7. Do not "press any key to continue..." UNLESS yr tab is in bootloader mode, doing so causes alot more issues and

necessitates a rollback to HC if you continue....

ok here we go:

Step 1. You must enter APXMode FIRST

Your Windows PC should then detect your device and install the APX driver. You should then have an APX USB device installed.

If you do not have an APX USB device listed in your system tray, you cannot proceed.

The screen of your tablet is black and the Power Light is ON

Step 2. Once yr tabs screen has turned black and the power lite is on then

Step 3. Right click on the v8.bat file from civs package and choose "Edit"

Go thru the file and remove any "Cls" lines if there are any - this allows you to see what the flash is doing.

Save the changes thenRun the bat file - i'm using V6-3.bat in this example but if you are using v8 it will be named v8.bat

NOTE: You will see an instruction on the opening screen to "delete recovery from boot.p file"
    On a reboot, this file overwrites your newly flashed custom recovery with the Acer Stock Recovery, not what we want!!
    Please check /system for the boot.p file - if its there then delete or rename it b4 going on

Step 4. Enter your SBK

picture.php

Step 5. Your tab will display this - "System Information" Screen

picture.php

Here you can see clearly your one and only cpuid!!!! Or 'chip uid' as it is named here.

Warning: If this system info is not displayed you run the risk of getting stuck in apx mode....
    Close out of the command window and disconnect your USB and check yr SBK and/or the Acer USB Driver is showing in your "Safely remove hardware" icon
    if it isnt reinstall the Acer Drivers

Step 6. All systems are go!! Go ahead and press any key...when your tab is in bootloader mode

picture.php

7. WAIT for your tab to display "Acer Iconiaa500 APX Mode"
    this is 'bootloader mode' where the flash needs to take place,
    then
    press any key...
    if you carry on without yr tab showing this message...
    then you will softbrick and to fix that you will need to downgrade to HC and
    you will lose all your data

There are 'usually' only 3 reasons you will not see the "Acer Iconia a500 APX Mode" message
    1. The Drivers are failing to install correctly
    2. Incorrect cpuid
    3. Getting stuck at Formatting/partition errors is the ".bct issue" apxFlashTool 0.4 fixes this

Step 8 the flash begins!!!

picture.php

the flash will take about 30 secs at most
    on your tab you will see in big white letters the word PASS
    in smaller red letters "Reboot the Device"

So power down yr tab and reboot into your new recovery and backup your system then flash your ICS/Jellybean Rom.

Congratulations you are no longer a chicken:)

EDIT: I've tried not to put too much info in here to keep things relatively easy to read - if you think there is info that should be in here just let me know and I'll add it

:good::good:

...The only thing is, where's Daisy?
    DaisyIcon.png
    :confused:

hahaha, funnee J:laugh::laugh::laugh: good ol' Daisy

and for those wondering what else you can do with your unlocked bootloader...
    you too can enjoy the 'Daisy' boot logo hehehe!!
    How do I ensure I have the Acer and ADB drivers installed?

download the acer drivers from acer and install
    Download the adb/fastboot zip and extract the files to a folder on C: drive.
    To check they are installed:
    Connect yr pc and tab and windows will install the picasso driver
    When you go into apx mode, device manager should show an apx device listed
    Great guide! I used this to update oficial ICS to KitKat ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2705989 ) and its working awesome!