[KERNEL] Perseus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dingo99

Feb 2, 2011
kohav yair
Dear @tamirda and @AndreiLux I have used only peseus kernel on my device with tamir's rom, arrow, crash. never wanam. And having this sound problem. If I go back to fillz recovery will it stop.? Or maybe TWRP? Anything other then samer's?
Did I get it right? Because its annoying!!!

cmd512

Aug 25, 2009
Shanghai
Sounds like to me all of you with sound issues did the hokey and complicated full wipe install when going from 4.2.2 to 4.3, which means you had to use that Samer recovery.

Instead, Andrei provided a very simple 3 step non-wipe install method that allowed you to keep using the previous 4.2.2 compatible Philz recovery with 4.3. With this method, I have never had a single sound loss occurrence.

I can tell you for a fact this issue has nothing to do with Perseus kernel. If you suspect the recovery, then just flash the latest one from Philz (4.3 compatible) and test, it's not that hard!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dingo99

Feb 2, 2011
kohav yair
Sounds like to me all of you with sound issues did the hokey and complicated full wipe install when going from 4.2.2 to 4.3, which means you had to use that Samer recovery.

Instead, Andrei provided a very simple 3 step non-wipe install method that allowed you to keep using the previous 4.2.2 compatible Philz recovery with 4.3. With this method, I have never had a single sounds loss incident.

I can tell you for a fact this issue has nothing to do with Perseus kernel. If you suspect the recovery, then just flash the latest one from Philz and test, it's not that hard!

Thanks. did that a moment ago. I was surprised to see it might be a recovery issue.
About full wipe, I always do that, no matter which rom I move from. In this case it was stock 4.3 after customized 4.2.2 one. And then customized 4.3.
I'll wait and see, it takes time between sound issue to another.

Reactions: gio_b

Rixsta

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2010
Nottingham
Thread Cleaned.

Please keep on topic and search before you post, also please keep all non development discussion out of here.

If you feel a user has broken rules, please report the post, flaming, name calling and being rude isn't justified and against XDA rules. The is no point flaming them with rules when your breaking them yourselves.

Thank you

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
As I just said, the problem is completely unrelated to the kernels themselves but with the discrepancy between recovery kernel image and boot kernel image.
Do u have some more technical explanation how recovery can affect normal booting?
I'm still thinking audio issue can be related to SELinux(or some security services related to SELinux)/TrustZone misbehave on custom kernels. Issue may happens because some service starts earlier or too late. Kind of racing condition because of SELinux/TrustZone.

Last edited:

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban

Instead, Andrei provided a very simple 3 step non-wipe install method that allowed you to keep using the previous 4.2.2 compatible Philz recovery with 4.3. With this method, I have never had a single sound loss occurrence.

I can tell you for a fact this issue has nothing to do with Perseus kernel. If you suspect the recovery, then just flash the latest one from Philz (4.3 compatible) and test, it's not that hard!

I hope you don't mind me carrying on with this conversation a little more. /off to search Q&A section & General...

I recently had my motherboard replaced which put me back on 4.2.2 and I was able to use the simple method to come back up to 4.3 without the new bootloader and I am still suffering from sound issues every now and then, I have tried Philz & TWRP and it happens with both of them. Now I saw Andrei mentioned a repacked Philz he posted for download however when I do a search in this thread no such post can be found, do you know where it might be?

@ 7OOKA His account has been temporarily disabled/banned following this latest exchange.

Last edited:
Reactions: astoncheah

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
I hope you don't mind me carrying on with this conversation a little more. /off to search Q&A section & General...

I recently had my motherboard replaced which put me back on 4.2.2 and I was able to use the simple method to come back up to 4.3 without the new bootloader and I am still suffering from sound issues every now and then, I have tried Philz & TWRP and it happens with both of them. Now I saw Andrei mentioned a repacked Philz he posted for download however when I do a search in this thread no such post can be found, do you know where it might be?

@ 7OOKA His account has been temporarily disabled/banned following this latest exchange.
Kindly flash CWM 6.0.4.5 by Sameer.

Rixsta

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2010
Nottingham
Thread Closed

More off topic, complete lack of searching, non development Questions.

Discussing why the OP has be banned is also not permitted.

OP can contact me when he returns if he so wishes.

EDIT - Just to say, the thread was closed, no to punish the OP but to save his thread from been cluttered with posts as stated above.

Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts