[Android 5.0+] Bacon Camera

Search This thread

fgnm

Dec 3, 2014
Finally it's here! I'm so exited to open this thread :D
As I promised, I've worked very hard to give you the best camera experience, now it's ready (almost xD)

TCZR88N.jpg

Today I present you Bacon Camera, the first camera app optimized for the OnePlus One!
It includes all features of my previous project with many other additions, bug fixes and a brand new UI for manual controls!

And it's on Google PlayStore too!

Bacon Camera now officially support LG G3 running Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Standard version

DEMO version

First Camera app with almost full manual controls for OnePlus One and LG G3 (running stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
With Bacon Camera you will be able to see how powerful is your camera module, optimized with all possible features! (Without Lollipop Camera2 APIs, of course)

Manual Controls supported for OnePlus One are:
- Full Manual Focus
- Full Manual White Balance
- Full Manual Exposure Compensation
- Semi-Manual ISO speed
- Full Manual Exposure Time (up to 64sec!)
- Bayer RAW and DNG support

Manual Controls supported for LG G3 (>= Android 6.0 Marshmallow) are:
- Full Manual Focus
- Semi-Manual ISO speed

*** (Only LG G3) Support for Laser Focus and DSLR Advanced Features: UbiFocus, ChromaFlash, OptiZoom ***

*** (OnePlus One) Support to ClearImage and 50Mpx shot. ***

A new exlusive algorithm tells you the distance between the camera and manual-focused objects.

Many other improvements and tweeks makes this app unique and perfect in any conditions!

Bacon Camera is designed for stock OnePlus One firmware (CyanogenOS 12.1), however people with custom ROMs can use it too but sometimes with some limitation (according to the driver inside your ROM), and LG G3 running stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

Since this app is still in beta state there are still some know bugs :)
- Sometimes the app can crash or freeze (in any case clear camera from recent apps).
- RAW format and slow shutter speed (> 2sec) causes a freeze. Reboot the phone -Camera Driver issue, only manufacturer can fix this-
- Flash needs "Zero Shutter Lag" always to be ON (Only OnePlus One)
- Video in HSR works only with a CAF based ROM (not the stock one)

For any question/bug report, or if you want to have a support to other divices, please refer here:
http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/camera-bacon-camera-t3253278

Enjoy ;)

Open Source Licenses:
https://github.com/sultanxda/android_packages_apps_SnapdragonCamera/
https://github.com/troop/FreeDcam
If you are on stock CyanogenOS 12.1 you can still use my patched media_profile.xml to have a better video quality and replace the original file in "/system/etc/" folder (do a backup first).

As I wrote in the description, this app is designed for OPO with Cyanogen OS 12.1, but it will works also on stock CM or CM based on CAF (with some limitation: shutter speed up to 2sec, and no ClearImage, HD or SuperMacro)

That's all guys, hope you enjoy it! And of course leave a good PlayStore review :cool:

Before you ask: Yes the app itself is not free.. but consider this as a small support to an 18-years old student that want just follow his dreams :fingers-crossed:
When I will find the time I will make two different versions, anyway are just few Euro so, Really Thank you for Understanding :eek:

All features (manual focus included) not require any modded/patched HAL, just stock one.

As always don't forget to report bugs and/or what you want to be implemented, I will do my best to continue to improve this experience :)

Current To-Do-List is:
- Triaxial Leveling
- Photosphere (harder than imagined)

OPO - CM13 Nightlies High Res image fix
According to new Cyanogen's decisions 50/32/24mpx image interpolation will not be available on stock CM13 Nightlies, I've prepared a temporary fix for this while waiting official CyanogenOS 13 for the OnePlus One:
- Flash HIGH_RES_TEMP_FIX_CM13.zip via recovery
- Reboot, and enjoy :)

No need to do a backup because if something goes wrong or you simply want revert this just flash the same ZIP.

Attachments

• HIGH_RES_TEMP_FIX_CM13.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 4,087
Last edited:

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
As I promised, I've worked very hard to give you the best camera experience, now it's ready (almost xD)

banner.jpg
Can't wait to try on OxygenOS.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Play Store says the app is incompatible with my device.

fgnm

Dec 3, 2014
Can't wait to try on OxygenOS.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Play Store says the app is incompatible with my device.

Ops, first app on play store, my bad :rolleyes:
Oxygen OS for OPO is based on android 5.0.2, I'm uploading new version with a smaller minSdk (current is 5.1), sorry.

EDIT:
Just pushed a new small update.. Please wait while google refresh new spec :)

Last edited:
Reactions: pbergonzi

mangzone

Feb 27, 2015
so sad that i'm in china and i cant fetch google server in my country
good work and wish you good luck~

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres

banner.jpg

Today I present you Bacon Camera, the first camera app optimized for the OnePlus One!
It includes all features of my previous project with many other additions, bug fixes and a brand new UI for manual controls!

And it's on Google PlayStore too, get it now!

If you are on stock CyanogenOS 12.1 you can still use my patched media_profile.xml to have a better video quality and replace the original file in "/system/etc/" folder (do a backup first).

As I wrote in the description, this app is designed for OPO with Cyanogen OS 12.1, but it will works also on stock CM or CM based on CAF (with some limitation: shutter speed up to 2sec, and no ClearImage, HD or SuperMacro)

That's all guys, hope you enjoy it! And of course leave a good PlayStore review :cool:

Before you ask: Yes the app itself is not free.. but consider this as a small support to an 18-years old student that want just follow his dreams :fingers-crossed:
When I will find the time I will make two different versions, anyway are just few Euro so, Really Thank you for Understanding :eek:

All features (manual focus included) not require any modded/patched HAL, just stock one.

As always don't forget to report bugs and/or what you want to be implemented, I will do my best to continue to improve this experience :)

Current To-Do-List is:
- Triaxial Leveling
- Tap to Shot

Great to see, but XDA has a rule about paid apps.. You really need to look into the rules to keep this thread open..

fgnm

Dec 3, 2014
Great to see, but XDA has a rule about paid apps.. You really need to look into the rules to keep this thread open..
Again my bad, apologize me. I should post this thread in "Paid Software Announcement and Discussion " right?
Sorry again, please can some moderators change it to correct section, or I've to close this and open a new one?

pbergonzi

Jun 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Ops, first app on play store, my bad :rolleyes:
Oxygen OS for OPO is based on android 5.0.2, I'm uploading new version with a smaller minSdk (current is 5.1), sorry.

EDIT:
Just pushed a new small update.. Please wait while google refresh new spec :)

Got it--thanks!
Not only was I the first post after the OP, but I was probably the first purchaser!

Last edited:

paulissimo

Sep 17, 2014
Aveiro
Nice to see another camera for our OPO :)
Just bought it and while making a little test, found a few bugs , I'll have more time tomorrow to test it outdoors and give more feedback then.

bug1: Preview a pic, zoom in and press back. Can only see half of the UI (can't take a screenshot for some reason), the other half is black. It's like the UI moved to the right.

bug2: I have automatic upload to my pc. and some pictures were uploaded in landscape. I took them in portrait while the OPO was on a dock. Don't know what I did, so I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow

bug3: RAW enabled and no dng file after taking a shot, or I can't find it

Can't find super macro as mentioned in description.
Volume keys (blue bar) do exactly what? just curious.

Loved the manual focus and slow shutter didn't worked for me.

Nice work so far ;)
I'm on Resurrection Remix rom btw.

Last edited:

fgnm

Dec 3, 2014
Nice to see another camera for our OPO :)
Just bought it and while making a little test, found a few bugs , I'll have more time tomorrow to test it outdoors and give more feedback then.

bug1: Preview a pic, zoom in and press back. Can only see half of the UI (can't take a screenshot for some reason), the other half is black. It's like the UI moved to the right.

bug2: I have automatic upload to my pc. and some pictures were uploaded in landscape. I took them in portrait while the OPO was on a dock. Don't know what I did, so I'll try to reproduce it tomorrow

bug3: RAW enabled and no dng file after taking a shot, or I can't find it

Can't find super macro as mentioned in description.
Volume keys (blue bar) do exactly what? just curious.

Loved the manual focus and slow shutter didn't worked for me.

Nice work so far ;)
I'm on Resurrection Remix rom btw.
Thanks for your report
First one is a bug, for the second one I've never had this kind of issue I'll wait other impression. The third is not a bug simply you have to set RAW format manually ;) so set picture format to any Bayer and then switch "save DNG raw", BTW I've just realized that maybe this is not the perfect name for this function because this is the conversion from .raw file into a .dng (.raw files are real raw with Qualcomm encoding). technically you can manually convert Bayer in whatever you want.

Super macro is activated by default when you use the zoom
It's strange that slow shutter doesn't work.. Are you sure that your ROM is based on a CM build?
I personally tested all functions with stock COS and base CM 12.1

What are the main differences between your app and camera fv5? I have paid for camera fv5 and would like to know the features which are better in this app.

Sent from Bacon (Oneplus One)
Camera FV5 is a great app too but it lacks in full manual controls.. The only one supported is manual shutter speed, instead with this camera you can control all manual settings a side for ISO speed that is locked in the HAL driver

Last edited:
Reactions: paulissimo

paulissimo

Sep 17, 2014
Aveiro
Thanks for your report
First one is a bug, for the second one I've never had this kind of issue I'll wait other impression. The third is not a bug simply you have to set RAW format manually ;) so set picture format to any Bayer and then switch "save DNG raw", BTW I've just realized that maybe this is not the perfect name for this function because this is the conversion from .raw file into a .dng (.raw files are real raw with Qualcomm encoding). technically you can manually convert Bayer in whatever you want.

Super macro is activated by default when you use the zoom
It's strange that slow shutter doesn't work.. Are you sure that your ROM is based on a CM build?
I personally tested all functions with stock COS and base CM 12.1

When I change to Bayer, I get this message "Raw picture format is not supported in zls mode, change to jpeg"
Oh, just found it, needs Zero Shutter Lag disabled to work.
Noticed that it saves 2 files, a .raw (16.71MB) and .dng (24.76MB). Why save 2 big files? Dng would be enough for me :)
Is it possible to save a jpeg too? So we can have a preview of the photo. I'm only able to open the dng file on Lightroom in my pc. The Lightroom app version won't open it.

Thought there was an option for super macro, like clear image and HD, forgot the zoom ^^
I'll test slow shutter better when I have a chance.
My roms xda link

tigobrata

Sep 24, 2013
First app I ever bought! Make it count, and good work! :)

EDIT: bug found (i'm using sultanxda's 5.1.1 CAF ROM) changing the shutter speed does nothing, even setting to auto does nothing, it always take the photo with the highest shutter speed making the photo almost pitch black

Last edited:

fgnm

Dec 3, 2014
Just pushed a new update to solve the bug reported by @paulissimo with some other improvements especially for slow shutter speed, It will be available in a few hours.
@tigobrata CAF ROMs has always some problems with slow shutter speed because it's limited only up to 2sec, if you are on CAF is better to use "accurate shutter speed" by pressing the "ms" button under Exposure time slider

P.S.
I'm really fighting to keep this app online.. First Google, then yesterday a cracker tried to brake my Google Play dev account.. 30sec more and I would have lost everything.. Someone from Yemen.. I've his phone number now

Last edited:
Reactions: paulissimo

paulissimo

Sep 17, 2014
Aveiro
Just pushed a new update to solve the bug reported by @paulissimo with some other improvements especially for slow shutter speed, It will be available in a few hours.
@tigobrata CAF ROMs has always some problems with slow shutter speed because it's limited only up to 2sec, if you are on CAF is better to use "accurate shutter speed" by pressing the "ms" button under Exposure time slider

P.S.
I'm really fighting to keep this app online.. First Google, then yesterday a cracker tried to brake my Google Play dev account.. 30sec more and I would have lost everything.. Someone from Yemen.. I've his phone number now

Just updated it t v0.2.
No UI bug now.
Slowshutter is working fine here, I'll try it again later at night.
Did you changed anything about Raw/Dng? There's an option to convert Raw to Dng, which is nice, but I suggest deleting the. raw file if this option is enabled.
Another sugestion, if possible, is to create a jpeg along with the raw/dng. We could preview it and delet it in case the picture is bad (out of focus or something). As it is we can't see the picture and have to wait till I get home to see it on my PC.
Also latest version of snapseed suports raw editing but only works if you have a jpeg file too.

I'll keep you posted if anything comes up, keep up the good work. :good:
Damn hackers, probably a lazy kid who as nothing else better to do.

fgnm

Dec 3, 2014
Just updated it t v0.2.
No UI bug now.
Slowshutter is working fine here, I'll try it again later at night.
Did you changed anything about Raw/Dng? There's an option to convert Raw to Dng, which is nice, but I suggest deleting the. raw file if this option is enabled.
Another sugestion, if possible, is to create a jpeg along with the raw/dng. We could preview it and delet it in case the picture is bad (out of focus or something). As it is we can't see the picture and have to wait till I get home to see it on my PC.
Also latest version of snapseed suports raw editing but only works if you have a jpeg file too.

I'll keep you posted if anything comes up, keep up the good work. :good:
Damn hackers, probably a lazy kid who as nothing else better to do.
Yes it's possible to have a jpeg with DNG but it's a bit harder, I haven't done yet because there is still something strange in RAW capturing.. For example if you shot a picture in any Bayer format without enable DNG conversion and with Zero Shutter Lag to ON the .raw generated is around 6MB and can be viewed in gallery and tuned in Lightroom for mobile, instead if you shot without zero shutter lag with some Bayer you will have a .raw that cannot be viewed even on PC, but has to be converted in DNG , also the result is different but I can't say which is better
Anyway I noticed that Bayer + Zero Shutter Lag + Clear Image/High Resolution works!
Tell me what do you think :)

paulissimo

Sep 17, 2014
Aveiro
Yes it's possible to have a jpeg with DNG but it's a bit harder, I haven't done yet because there is still something strange in RAW capturing.. For example if you shot a picture in any Bayer format without enable DNG conversion and with Zero Shutter Lag to ON the .raw generated is around 6MB and can be viewed in gallery and tuned in Lightroom for mobile, instead if you shot without zero shutter lag with some Bayer you will have a .raw that cannot be viewed even on PC, but has to be converted in DNG , also the result is different but I can't say which is better
Anyway I noticed that Bayer + Zero Shutter Lag + Clear Image/High Resolution works!
Tell me what do you think :)
Still hope that you can add the jpeg in a near future.
A 25MB DNG should be better then a 6MB RAW, but I haven't tried opening the 6MB one to compare. I'll try your sugestion.

Another sugestion: an option to restore all values to default. After messing around with the app, I can't remember all the default values :p

andrea90

Sep 29, 2012
Trial version is enough for me, I hope you'll support it as the main versione. Thank you so much for your work!

Inviato dal mio Oneplus One utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TCZR88N.jpg

And it's on Google PlayStore too!

Bacon Camera now officially support LG G3 running Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Standard version

DEMO version

First Camera app with almost full manual controls for OnePlus One and LG G3 (running stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
    With Bacon Camera you will be able to see how powerful is your camera module, optimized with all possible features! (Without Lollipop Camera2 APIs, of course)

Manual Controls supported for OnePlus One are:
    - Full Manual Focus
    - Full Manual White Balance
    - Semi-Manual ISO speed
    - Full Manual Exposure Time (up to 64sec!)

Manual Controls supported for LG G3 (>= Android 6.0 Marshmallow) are:
    - Full Manual Focus
    - Semi-Manual ISO speed

*** (Only LG G3) Support for Laser Focus and DSLR Advanced Features: UbiFocus, ChromaFlash, OptiZoom ***

*** (OnePlus One) Support to ClearImage and 50Mpx shot. ***

A new exlusive algorithm tells you the distance between the camera and manual-focused objects.

Many other improvements and tweeks makes this app unique and perfect in any conditions!

Bacon Camera is designed for stock OnePlus One firmware (CyanogenOS 12.1), however people with custom ROMs can use it too but sometimes with some limitation (according to the driver inside your ROM), and LG G3 running stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

Since this app is still in beta state there are still some know bugs :)
    - Sometimes the app can crash or freeze (in any case clear camera from recent apps).
    - RAW format and slow shutter speed (> 2sec) causes a freeze. Reboot the phone -Camera Driver issue, only manufacturer can fix this-
    - Flash needs "Zero Shutter Lag" always to be ON (Only OnePlus One)
    - Video in HSR works only with a CAF based ROM (not the stock one)

For any question/bug report, or if you want to have a support to other divices, please refer here:
    http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/camera-bacon-camera-t3253278

Enjoy ;)

Open Source Licenses:
    https://github.com/sultanxda/android_packages_apps_SnapdragonCamera/
    https://github.com/troop/FreeDcam

Current To-Do-List is:
    - Triaxial Leveling

OPO - CM13 Nightlies High Res image fix
    According to new Cyanogen's decisions 50/32/24mpx image interpolation will not be available on stock CM13 Nightlies, I've prepared a temporary fix for this while waiting official CyanogenOS 13 for the OnePlus One:
    - Flash HIGH_RES_TEMP_FIX_CM13.zip via recovery
    - Reboot, and enjoy :)

No need to do a backup because if something goes wrong or you simply want revert this just flash the same ZIP.
    Here we go!
    - Support for generic Qualcomm 2.0 Exposure Time
    - Dynamic Picture Size recognition
    - Front Face Panorama
    - GIF!
    - Temporal Denoise (if supported)
    - Support for OnePlus 3 and Xiaomi Mi5
    - Minor UI update
    - Multi-Exposure fixes
    - General Improvements

Thousand of thanks to every user (more then 21k). I could not sleep thinking that so many users used so outdated app. I could never imagine that my first public project could be so big :)
    I've rewrote almost all GPL things I've used, and things that are still present in Bacon Camera are now available on my personal GitHub (you can find the link inside the app itself). I've credit all libraries used, and now no one should be unhappy for this ;)

Just because I don't want make no one unhappy I've insert some ads to keep the website on (that I'm completely rewriting) BUT they are easily deactivatable in settings.

What's next? Of course improve stability to any Qualcomm Snapdragon devices, improve Bayer RAW (my own implementation is not bug free yet, I'm working on it), and make absolutely a new UI

Leave feedback and see you soon!
    @fgnm--I really think you should bring back this great app. A lot of people like it, and some even pay for it. Some believe it's the best camera app going.
    To quit just because one guy screwed you over is wrong. "Embrace the suck, and move the ufck forward."

Something moving ... Soon, very soon :p
    Just pushed 1.9.0 on Google Play.
    Hope you'll like the new stuff I've done and especially the new manual shutter speed knob, now it's easy to set full range supported by devices because @damiann69 you're right old indicator was designed only for slow exp time.
    There is still nothing in changelog regarding RAW, Burst Mode and AE Bracket. The next update will be mainly focused on these 3 things. Especially RAW, I know that there are some troubles with snapseed, moreover latest Qualcomm drivers for devices starting from 2015/2016 has many additions that I can use to produce better dng, with good white balance and true exif data.
    Actually I cannot say an ETA but I'll try to finish ASAP :)
    And I must extend storage to external sd card :p

is there a way to get shutter speed higher than 2 on zuk z1?
    No, driver is locked at 2sec, there's nothing we can do. Only manufacturer can do this :(

@fgnm, can you add support for OnePlus 3T? Back camera is the same as that of OnePlus 3, but front camera is different.
    Check latest version, I have extended OP3 profile to OP3T too. They should not be different in rear camera, let me know about front
    My vision of interface

Hi,
    I take a lot of pics using OPO, I use many modes, many parameters, so I have little experience in this matter. I created my dream interface for Bacon Camera. It is strongly based on stock version, but I set many options to be just under finger. Of course this project is created only in photoshop :).

Main view
    On left size there are photography modes (explanation later):
    • Manual
    • Fx
    • Scene
    • Pic tuning
    • Person
    • Burst
    On the right you can see functions that work globally, and there are connected with shutter (explanation later):
    • front/back camera
    • flash
    • time related functions
    • grids and graphs
    I added button for recording, in case: "Look there! It is unicorn!"
    Changing from Camera-Video-Pano it is possible by swiping on all area of viewfinder (like in ColorOS camera).
    vRbu2Mo.jpg

Manual
    Not much changed, added button for Zero Shutter Lag, and buttons for reset settings:
    • Reset current - resets all settings from Manual mode
    • Reset all - resets global settings
      Similar mechanics is proposed for other modes.
    If you enter to any menu, button changes colour to green.
    sU1ak3D.jpg

Fx
    I moved here HDR (it is very often mode), also I created icons for DSLR modes. ZSL is always on here, as green button shows.
    1yYYC45.jpg

Scene
    You can choose scenes using convenient slider :).
    WlXChdU.jpg

Picture Tune
    This mode it's just options taken from deeper menus. You can change presets using slider.
    GjcSZOa.jpg

Mlmjz8m.jpg

Person
    Here we have similar situation like before. I don't know how this settings works with ZSL, but I putted toggle here.
    W9DjtlL.jpg

QqY29ak.jpg

k03wsu5.jpg

Burst
    I moved here exposure bracket, and added theoretically possible modes :D.
    • Burst - I used this option in CameraNext Mod from COS12.1 (and I'm surprised, that this mod is not ported to mighty Bacon Camera). If you set shutter speed for 1/5000 and use burst, you can take very sharp pictures of moving objects.
    • Shutter bracket - It is very similar idea to Exposure bracket (standard HDR but without merging taken pictures), so maybe it is possible to make burst photos with shutter speed. This method is used in HDR+ by Google. With this mode, maybe, we could obtain similar effects merging pictures on PC. It is just concept :).
    UG8Gzsc.jpg

rifpCRO.jpg

Zoom
    If you zoom view using pinch gesture you can choose:
    iYkIYWO.png

Flash
    Nothing special, I think it is more convenient way.
    XELY3rm.jpg

Time
    Standard
    WnWUY6Q.jpg

Grids and graphs
    I think fast access to histogram is crucial, but it is also important to turn off it fast :). I didn't created custom icons here for all grids.
    KW89mRz.jpg

That is all. I could create similar presentation for video, unfortunately, I don't have more time, but I think you caught my drift. Still, it is just ideas.