FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROMs] - [Kernels] - [Radios] - Etc (New! W/Links)

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 15
 
By Vakman, Member on 4th August 2010, 08:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2011, 09:51 PM |#61  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
How do I upgrade the Hboot?

Do I just simply flash the zip file? Sorry for the noob question.
 
 
18th January 2011, 06:44 PM |#62  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
yeh boot into recovery and flash the zip
21st January 2011, 05:46 AM |#63  
GldRush98's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Taylorville, IL.
Thanks Meter: 326
 
More
Wink
Please read the wiki instead of cluttering up the thread.
23rd January 2011, 03:32 AM |#64  
DreamScar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Nvm. sorry, can't find the delete post option D:
24th January 2011, 05:13 PM |#65  
Junior Member
Flag Idaho
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Lightbulb What's a Kernel
I familiar with many areas of computing and phone developing, but can someone please educate me why I would want one kernel over another? What would be the point of changing my kernel?
25th January 2011, 06:09 PM |#66  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by softwaretech

I familiar with many areas of computing and phone developing, but can someone please educate me why I would want one kernel over another? What would be the point of changing my kernel?

Basically there are kernels that change certain system preferences... There are kernels that undervolt to 950 or 925 mV so it saves battery; there are kernels that add 720p video recording to the camera; some overclock the CPU and some that just do it all. Basically little tweaks to the phone for added perks.
1st March 2011, 04:53 AM |#67  
Senior Member
Flag CO
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Anyone know if the radio version has changed with Gingerbread. I found a Zip to flash it but I only want the radio. I extracted the radio and zipped it then tried to flash but it didn't. I know I probably have to do more than just copy a few files and zip it.

Anyone have just the Radio? The Radios I have tried suck. I can't use the web with less than 3 bars of reception but my brother has lightning fast 3G with 1 bar of reception on his HD2. Oh how I miss my TD2. Edge only in the states but it was FAST.
1st March 2011, 04:57 AM |#68  
Rod3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Meter: 243
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch Freak

Anyone know if the radio version has changed with Gingerbread. I found a Zip to flash it but I only want the radio. I extracted the radio and zipped it then tried to flash but it didn't. I know I probably have to do more than just copy a few files and zip it.

Anyone have just the Radio? The Radios I have tried suck. I can't use the web with less than 3 bars of reception but my brother has lightning fast 3G with 1 bar of reception on his HD2. Oh how I miss my TD2. Edge only in the states but it was FAST.

Ota had the 5.08 radio. It's already a flashable zip as it has been around awhile.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rod3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rod3 Ad-Free
1st March 2011, 05:00 AM |#69  
Senior Member
Flag CO
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod3

Ota had the 5.08 radio. It's already a flashable zip as it has been around awhile.

Thanks. I was using 4.06 and I believe I was on 5.08 before and reception for data sucked. I just flashed 5.12. We will see what happens. Good to know that the OTA didn't have something that I can't already find.
13th March 2011, 11:41 AM |#70  
Amethystx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Thank for your good works!
23rd March 2011, 11:15 AM |#71  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Reserved for the future.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes