HTC One: Need help installing a Stock ROM or KitKat (using a Mac)

Search This thread

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
Trying to install a stock ROM (or 4.4 if that's possible) after installing a custom ROM and deciding I don't want it. If someone wants to help, I think it would be much easier to talk using this chatroom, here http://us12.chatzy.com/51211849862592

If not, on here is fine as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: alray

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Okay, finally got my phone working, now trying to restore it back to stock. Followed all the steps here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZR5yhP75Jg but when I downloaded the right RUU for my phone (telus in Canada) it is a zip file and I cannot get the RUU to run. Ughhhh. Any ideas what to do? :)

place the ruu.zip in our fastboot/adb folder

boot your phone in bootloader then select fastboot usb

Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip name_of_ruu.zip
fastboot flash zip name_of_ruu.zip   [COLOR="Red"]<------ yes, twice[/COLOR]
fastboot reboot-bootloader

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
place the ruu.zip in our fastboot/adb folder

boot your phone in bootloader then select fastboot usb

Code:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip name_of_ruu.zip
fastboot flash zip name_of_ruu.zip   [COLOR="Red"]<------ yes, twice[/COLOR]
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Okay, this is what I got after doing this. I hit enter after each line of code, was I supposed to? Attached a screenshot of what came up.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Okay, this is what I got after doing this. I hit enter after each line of code, was I supposed to? Attached a screenshot of what came up.

rename you ruu.zip so it doesnt have space.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Is it because I'm using a Mac? Where can I find Mac supported RUU's???

no, spaces in your ruu name are causing this fault. rename it to somthing simpler wihout space in the name of the file

TynanV

Feb 1, 2014
rename you ruu.zip so it doesnt have space.

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

no, spaces in your ruu name are causing this fault. rename it to somthing simpler wihout space in the name of the file

OK, it seemed to work, but how do I know if the RUU ran?

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
This is a decrypted RUU, won't work unless s-off. Had someone this ruu doesn't work at all.

Try Canadian restock guide in my sig

Reactions: alray

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

go ahead with what @SaHiLzZ said

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

Thanks man I'll try and do that tonight or tomorrow. If I have problems can I PM you?

BTW here is a table from @nkk71 (thanks:good:) to help you understand why it failed:

2hqqz6e.jpg
    OMG IT WORKED FINALLYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! Just took a while to load then a "preparing sim card" thing came up and BAM. Finally back into my phone. THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU GUYS. @alray @SaHiLzZ @CiSa :good::good::good::good::eek:

:cool: finally :silly:

don't forget to hit the ''tanks'' button for everyone who helped you here. Thank you @SaHiLzZ and @clsA, great team work in this thread:good:

Also if you feel generous, you can donate to the xda community here. :angel:
    Sweet! Now what do i do? lol

well i think you were following SaHiLzZ guide to return stock for canadian users. So you just completed step 3 of 15. :laugh: which was the easiest step btw. Now that you are more familiar with fastboot for Mac it should be easier. Im going to bed now so go ahead with the guide and keep posting you question in this thread or in SaHiLzZ guide thread. Please don't forget to hit ''thanks'' button of everyone that helped you here and in SaHiLzZ guide. Will come back tomorrow. ;)
    :cool: finally :silly:

don't forget to hit the ''tanks'' button for everyone who helped you here. Thank you @SaHiLzZ and @CiSa, great team work in this thread:good:

Also if you feel generous, you can donate to the xda community here. :angel:

Used up all my thanks today, lol. Only get 8 apparently. I'll come back tomorrow and thank all the posts in here. :good::good::good:
    This is a decrypted RUU, won't work unless s-off. Had someone this ruu doesn't work at all.

Try Canadian restock guide in my sig