Padfone X root

Search This thread

duecefromcleveland

Apr 6, 2014
I just got the PadFone mini x and the first thing I want is root.....I downloaded tr1 and installed when I I ran it the phone just paused then rebooted I installed super user and it says there is no binary

Sent from my ASUS PadFone X mini using XDA Free mobile app

ghost0001

Dec 28, 2010
Killeen
Have you tried version two or three?

Current Androids: U+ Samsung Note 3 Neo, T-Mobile Nexus 5, WiFi Nexus 7 2013

duecefromcleveland

Apr 6, 2014
So the asus bootloader unlocked don't work but I paid so it could be unlocked

duecefromcleveland

Apr 6, 2014
The padfone x mini is a decent phone but I badly need root so I can edit the cpu

Last edited:

highbud

Nov 27, 2010
I managed to find one myself, but thanks for the offer. I'll be making 2 nandroids, since there's not much file size difference. Not making a third one for 100MB savings when the file's still 1GB... In other words, don't expect a "debloated" one from me :p It's hard enough remembering which one has the current set of backups since I have to do a serious shuffle to restore the broken one.

1) make sure data backup works on new one
2) put backups of the stock rooted one on the old phone
3) flash SuperSU
4) reboot into OS, restore stock recovery
5) unroot via SuperSU
6) Reboot into recovery, factory reset again...

on step 5. unroot via SuperSU, does it also work for padfone S?

i'm curious because sometimes when updating official firmware is not working when you device on rooted condition so needs to unroot.

thanks in advance.

Justatechie

Jul 17, 2014
TowelRoot_v1 and Kingo Root doesn't work for me. Build number is ATT_11.10.8.16. Another method pls?
Thats what I had before converting to padfone s fw.
Might need to try again
Towel root should definitely work because it worked with mine, idk what could be the problem.
Maybe power off the phone then power it back on and the first thing you do is run that app and let it do its job.
Then get supersu and root checker and make sure it does root.

You might want to try Kingroot, it should also work, (similar to kingoroot), its the real deal.
One thing to note that you cannot get or use supersu since it actually manages the root permissions itself, which is just perfect for you to flash a recovery via flashify. (CWM is preferred)
Once at the recovery find and flash the Crowlock file and the bootloader should be unlocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo025

leo025

Dec 9, 2012
Thats what I had before converting to padfone s fw.
Might need to try again
Towel root should definitely work because it worked with mine, idk what could be the problem.
Maybe power off the phone then power it back on and the first thing you do is run that app and let it do its job.
Then get supersu and root checker and make sure it does root.

You might want to try Kingroot, it should also work, (similar to kingoroot), its the real deal.
One thing to note that you cannot get or use supersu since it actually manages the root permissions itself, which is just perfect for you to flash a recovery via flashify. (CWM is preferred)
Once at the recovery find and flash the Crowlock file and the bootloader should be unlocked.

Finally I resolve the problem, uninstalling kingroot and clean installation towelroot v1 works well! :cool:

xdaernie

Jul 10, 2015
(bootloader) device tampered: False (bootloader) device unlocked: True

Phone is unlocked with Kingroot apk, currently running CWM recovery image. I flashed crowlock zip via CWM and TWRP. Don't know if it worked. This is what the fastboot oem device-info says

(bootloader) device tampered: False
(bootloader) device unlocked: True

What's it mean?

Justatechie

Jul 17, 2014
Phone is unlocked with Kingroot apk, currently running CWM recovery image. I flashed crowlock zip via CWM and TWRP. Don't know if it worked. This is what the fastboot oem device-info says

(bootloader) device tampered: False
(bootloader) device unlocked: True

What's it mean?

It looks like it worked just fine.
Device tampered would have been a different situation since it would have been locked down a little bit more, but your absolutely fine.
Congrats.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I submitted a request to Asus support, for "source code and a stock firmware" on 27jun14 at 18:16(CST).
    Today, 1July14 at 01:24(CST), a USA representative, named Emma Zhang asus_cc@asus.com stated:

You should mail them at gpl@asus.com

I got the source code from PadFone Infinity this way.

1404230072-screenshot-2014-07-01-17-53-46.png

That's what my PF Infinity says.
    I believe that we must wait for asus to release the source code for that, and knowing att that might be never , here's to hoping !

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

All i want is aosp and f2fs compatibility to go with the 64gb sandisk extreme plus micro sd i just bought :)

I submitted a request to Asus support, for "source code and a stock firmware" on 27jun14 at 18:16(CST).
    Today, 1July14 at 01:24(CST), a USA representative, named Emma Zhang asus_cc@asus.com stated:
    Emma Zhang from ASUS Product Support Team said:
    Dear Adam,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

My name is Emma and it is my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Up till now, we don't have that kind of material but I will tranfer customer's wish and suggestion to related department in Taipei for further development. Sorry for the inconvience and thanks for your kindly understanding.

Best Regards,
    Emma
    ASUS Product Support Team
    888-678-3688
    @Demazda I emailed them at the address you suggested...

Soeren Rabenstein ASUS FOSS License Compliance Team said:
    Dear Adam

Thank you for your interest in our product and the source code.

There are no specific requirements from us for obtaining the source code to the extent it is licensed under Open Source software licenses such as GPL and LGPL, which is the case for the Kernel of your device.

In fact normally this source code is publicly available for download from our customer support website; however currently we seem to have a technical problem with the download server.

We would like to ask for your patience until the problem is fixed.

We will update you on the status shortly.

Kind regards

Soeren Rabenstein

ASUS FOSS License Compliance Team
    apparently they've had a technical problem since before the device was launched ;)