Guide me please :D (Custom rom confusion?)

Search This thread

CorePrideX8

Oct 18, 2011
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Hi XDA society and devs.

So I've moved to an S4 and I've already rooted it.
Sadly, KNOX figured it out so I'm at 0x1, however, this isn't an issue, I believe KNOX is only important for warranty purposes?

But anyway, I have rooted and installed custom recovery but what I want to ask is how will I go about installing this specific rom on my I9505?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2283194

I'm really confused as to what I'm supposed to do, my BUILD number ends in FNB8 and this rom requires NGE8, so is it safe for me to install it without that number?
Do I need to do anything extra to install this rom or can I just move it directly to my storage and install it?
On WanamLites website, it says that the modem and the bootloader for NGE8 is optional?

So does that mean, I don't need to do any ODIN flashes before and after installing this rom?

MY main question is, I have a I9505, rooted and TWRP, can I install this rom straight away?

I appreciate any help, I'm fairly new to this phone and I have done a bit of research but I'm still a little confused.

Thanks to anyone that can provide me with an explanation and perhaps a brief guide. <3

Long Live, XDA.

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
It does not matter what version you have on your phone (eg FNB8/NGE8), so you can ignore that completely.

The bootloader and modem are for people that still have the old bootloader installed. You don't have that because you have KNOX. So you can also ignore that part.

Just flash away.The instructions are in the first post of that thread.

Reactions: CorePrideX8

CorePrideX8

Oct 18, 2011
London
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
It does not matter what version you have on your phone (eg FNB8/NGE8), so you can ignore that completely.

The bootloader and modem are for people that still have the old bootloader installed. You don't have that because you have KNOX. So you can also ignore that part.

Alright! Thank you for your speedy reply!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Alright! Thank you for your speedy reply!

Your welcome.

I read that Wanam just updated the rom, but some people claim that it still has some bugs. Use the 2.6 version instead of the 2.7 untill everything is sorted out.