(FEB 11)[SD/Maglrd]MCCM DS V4.0(FroyoStone Sense)[hastarin 8.5.3] Daily Used [Final]

Search This thread

rajo5566

Feb 13, 2010
Hi,
Need help here, been using the 'MCCM DS 4.0' for months. So far no any problem.. it`s running smoothly, till today my phone out of battery.After recharge, the phone cannot boot to android, it will stuck at HTC booting window then restart again. Need advice how to fix this problem.Pls help.....thanks

kajos

Dec 5, 2009
Niedersachsen
Hi,
Need help here, been using the 'MCCM DS 4.0' for months. So far no any problem.. it`s running smoothly, till today my phone out of battery.After recharge, the phone cannot boot to android, it will stuck at HTC booting window then restart again. Need advice how to fix this problem.Pls help.....thanks

Try this:

Copy your SD to a folder on PC.

- Format your SD
- fresh extract DS 4.0 to SD
- only changing existing data.img in folder Android with your old one,
and you don't lose your settings
- if you made a backup by titanium, you can also put back titanium-folder
- boot

If you made any changes by root-folder in your DS,
you've to do this again now, because that isn't stored in data.img

With a little bit of luck, it's working again;)

if not, you've to make a complete fresh install, only getting back your apps,
if you've used TitaniumBackup

RAIKOE

Oct 12, 2010
Rhumspringe
Thank you !!!

Hello mccmjoon76,

thank you for this ROM. :D
It is working fine and smooth on my HD2 phones. :)

Thank you and best regards!

Rainer

PS: Donation sent ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: mccmjoon76

hgdorn

Oct 20, 2009
Lost

I gave Android a chance on my HD2, and it/I failed. My question is: why did I fail if I read only positive posts about a smooth and stable running Android. :confused:

My first try was on my Vodafone HD2 (German) with Radio 2.07.51.22_2. I extracted the downloaded ZIP to the root folder of my 8GB SD card, clicked clrcad.exe and clicked haret.exe. It took hour(s?) before Android came up and displayed the num-pad for entering the SIM pin. The Android install started (language first), it rebooted, it took several minutes before I had to choose the language (again), proceeded to WLAN setup, it rebooted again (crash?). Dozens of reboots and skipped configurations (that I wanted to do later) the HD2 displayed (I think) an empty start screen and the message "Lädt... Dieser Vorgang kann mehrere Minuten dauern" ("Loading... This may take some minutes"). I left the HD2 alone for the rest of the night, next morning it was frozen.

OK, the Radio version wasn't the right one. Thus I installed HSPL2 and flashed Radio 2.15.50.14, removed the Android folder from my SD card, coppied a fresh Android folder from the downloaded ZIP, clicked on clrcad.exe and haret.exe and did a second try. Everything ran faster than before, nevertheless compared to WM6.5 it was still very very veeeeery slow. Dozens of minutes later the setup started again. I chose German, skipped all the other stuff (in fact I entered some useful information there for the first time but it made no difference), and after some restarts ("HTC, quietly brillant" white screen) the "Loading.... This may take some sominutes" display came up again.

But, wow, some mintes later four icons appeared, one of them was "Camera". Tapped it, some seconds later "Warning: camera doesn't respond", I said "Wait!", the camera came up, I shot a photot. I hoped everything would proceed now fine and I would get a useable Android. I tried the phone, but it didn't make a call. I called the phone, beep, beep, beep (HD2 stayed silent), "this is the mailbox of...". After 30 seconds (later! yes, believe it or not) the HD2 beeped and blinked and displayed "missed call"). Everything on the HD2 runs horrible slow, it's absolutely awful. It's like the HD2 runs an Android emulator...

Then - I don't know why - Android froze. I pulled the battery, rebooted WM6.5, restarted Android, it took about 8 minutes to reboot and to display the num-pad for entering the SIM pin. Then it froze again. To summarize it: it doesn't work for me, it's horribly slow, it crashes, it freezes. I haven't seen HTC Sense yet, I can't do phone calls, incoming calls have are "slightly" delayed.

Any help appreciated! If possible without ROM update and Hard resets.

ROM 1.72.162.0 (82124) GER
Radio 2.15..50.14
Protocol-Version 15.42.50.11U
8GB SD HC (about 3 GB free without Android)

Edit: Problem solved, see below

Last edited:

mccmjoon76

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009
I gave Android a chance on my HD2, and it/I failed. My question is: why did I fail if I read only positive posts about a smooth and stable running Android. :confused:

My first try was on my Vodafone HD2 (German) with Radio 2.07.51.22_2. I extracted the downloaded ZIP to the root folder of my 8GB SD card, clicked clrcad.exe and clicked haret.exe. It took hour(s?) before Android came up and displayed the num-pad for entering the SIM pin. The Android install started (language first), it rebooted, it took several minutes before I had to choose the language (again), proceeded to WLAN setup, it rebooted again (crash?). Dozens of reboots and skipped configurations (that I wanted to do later) the HD2 displayed (I think) an empty start screen and the message "Lädt... Dieser Vorgang kann mehrere Minuten dauern" ("Loading... This may take some minutes"). I left the HD2 alone for the rest of the night, next morning it was frozen.

OK, the Radio version wasn't the right one. Thus I installed HSPL2 and flashed Radio 2.15.50.14, removed the Android folder from my SD card, coppied a fresh Android folder from the downloaded ZIP, clicked on clrcad.exe and haret.exe and did a second try. Everything ran faster than before, nevertheless compared to WM6.5 it was still very very veeeeery slow. Dozens of minutes later the setup started again. I chose German, skipped all the other stuff (in fact I entered some useful information there for the first time but it made no difference), and after some restarts ("HTC, quietly brillant" white screen) the "Loading.... This may take some sominutes" display came up again.

But, wow, some mintes later four icons appeared, one of them was "Camera". Tapped it, some seconds later "Warning: camera doesn't respond", I said "Wait!", the camera came up, I shot a photot. I hoped everything would proceed now fine and I would get a useable Android. I tried the phone, but it didn't make a call. I called the phone, beep, beep, beep (HD2 stayed silent), "this is the mailbox of...". After 30 seconds (later! yes, believe it or not) the HD2 beeped and blinked and displayed "missed call"). Everything on the HD2 runs horrible slow, it's absolutely awful. It's like the HD2 runs an Android emulator...

Then - I don't know why - Android froze. I pulled the battery, rebooted WM6.5, restarted Android, it took about 8 minutes to reboot and to display the num-pad for entering the SIM pin. Then it froze again. To summarize it: it doesn't work for me, it's horribly slow, it crashes, it freezes. I haven't seen HTC Sense yet, I can't do phone calls, incoming calls have are "slightly" delayed.

Any help appreciated! If possible without ROM update and Hard resets.

ROM 1.72.162.0 (82124) GER
Radio 2.15..50.14
Protocol-Version 15.42.50.11U
8GB SD HC (about 3 GB free without Android)

This build should run very fast and stable.. some time to make sure the Android build run smooth u need combo like Android friendly WM Build, that's why most of us using custom Rom see my sign. And leo radio. 2.15** is ok.

Try full format your sd card 'not fast format ' and fresh install again. Goodluck.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using XDA App

hgdorn

Oct 20, 2009

Uaaaaarglh, problem detected, solved, Android is running fast and stable (so long). :)

Reason: As you can see above I tried it with Radio 2.07.51.22_2. For this old version I found the trick somewhere on the web to add ' set cmdline "mem=...' to the startup.txt. And I did the change on my computer's hard drive. Then, for my second try after having flashed the radio to 2.15, the same startup.txt was used for the new Android copy on my SD card. And with only 172 MB Android showed the upper behaviour. Shame on me! :eek:

Android is now running smooth and fast ("Schnell wie Schmitz Katze" as we Germans sometimes say), the Web Browser is incredible fast compared to Opera Mini under WM6.5 when using the Google Reader amazing.

arizmin

Jun 7, 2007
Pls tell me how to change the kernel (Magldr version).. plan to try TY12.4
thanks

carlonchete

Apr 9, 2009
gps

Hi,thanks for your amazing work,i have every thing working but gps.
Gps doesnt find any signal and i have the recommended wm rom and radio.
Please I need your help.

Thanks.

mccmjoon76

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009
yes yeS YES YESSSS !!! YahoooOOOOOOOOO !! :eek::eek:

We make history Guys :D:D

The first 'i think' in HD2 thread that hit 3000 mark ! And it's in SD Build Version !! Ha ha ...

That's mean SD Build still stay alive :D

All your support give me strength to carry on .. to Cook .Tweak.Mod. for better and stable daily build :)

Thx again guys .Team mate.all the dev that have help me ..
Special thanks to BoxmaX of cause. Angel death. dungphp .capy .all the beta tester . all of u that's press the thanks button . and u guys that support my build .. like just got Grammy Awards ha ha ...:p

a round of applause :D

applausel.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: itais

hansie17

Dec 30, 2009
other provider

Oh, no! I changed provider (from Dutch KPN to VODAFONE) and now I have no internet anymore. I tried to "Access Point Names", but that does crash. I reinstalled this version freshly, but still no more internet. Could this be solved?

* I installed the MCCM HD 6.0 version also; it works for sure, but not as smooth as this MCCM DS 4.0 version!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys this is an SD Build i try to make it simple to install so no partition or MAGLAR needed. Just ur HD2 and SD Card of cause :)
    I continue the Build from Darkstone (FroyoStone Sense v3.2).All credit goes to him :D
    The Build is base on Desire .

mccmhd2androidbuild.jpg

My target :Build that can good for Daily used :D

After testing for months the Build is stable enough for daily used.

Android running on HTC HD2 'MCCM DS 4.0' as fast as Desire HD
    (Thanks zitoun for the video)

Kernel hastarin r8.5.3
    [Dec 16][KERNEL][SD] hastarin r8.6 [standard/eb] - xda-developers

Note : just place the data img (1gb) into 'Android folder' if u want faster BOOTING .
    Or if u already using OLDER BUILD version ,just copy the data img from last build into DS 4.0 'Android folder' and booting. u will not lost all your setting.

MCCM DS V4.0 DOWNLOAD HERE :D NOTE: Important Done second reboot to get everting going :)
    http://depositfiles.com/files/5dlz45z6o

(Booting take 5 to 10 minute max) U will had black screen for 1~2 minute before BOOTING ! Don't worry that is normal

Whats work:
    Almost Every things works
    MMS
    camera
    Now the sound is loud enough
    Now all very smooth And Fast
    NO Freeze or SOD
    LED lights
    Youtube HD
    3G connection Fast
    Wifi hot spot
    Usb data connection
    Gps
    BT
    Multilanguage
    All other items working like other build
    Include 1 GB data.img for faster BOOTING.

To Guys who want to get this running from SD using Maglrd, Here the
    rootfs.img and tutorial

here :http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11316743&postcount=32

Thanks polystirenman for the helping hands :D

If having problem try to flash other ROM and Radio :

Try This: OzDROID ROM(Bare WM ROM With Bootloader)
    [ROM][WWE][01.11.2010] OzDROID ROM 2.00 24635 | 21916 Bare WM ROM With Bootloader - xda-developers

Energy Leo ROM :
    [TMOUS] |WWE|?.·??`·.??.- Energy -.??.·?? | 21916 | 29005 |`·.??.·?? Sense 2019 ?) - xda-developers

I'm using Rom: Miri@Steve Elegancia ROM - CHT 2.0 (6.5.x) (V 2.0 FINAL)
    http://htcpedia.com/forum/htc-hd2-r...-elegancia-rom-cht-2-0-6-5-x-v-2-0-final.html

Radio Leo 2.15.50.14
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=611787
    Instruction :
    SD Version : Used this cab for Booting Android Android Loader v6.0 Final for HD2
    Ok now, i write an instructional guide the best i can
    - Download the 'MccM' version.Unzip. Extract the 'Android' folder to root of your SD Card.
    - After you have done all the steps go into Android folder and tap CLRCAD (for working sound), and after that just tap HaRET
    -Booting ..
    -Enjoy

Boot with MAGDLR:

1- copy folder (Android) to SD Card .
    2- Boot in MAGDLR powering on your phone while you press the power button until MAGDLR appears.
    3- Select "SERVICES"
    4- Select "BOOT SETTINGS"
    5- Select "AD SD Dir"
    6- Select the "ANDROID" folder or the folder where you dropped the rom.
    7- Now select "BOOT AD SD" and wait boot .....

I'm spend countless hours on polishing and modified the Build so that it can more Stable and Good for Daily used ~downloading, flashing, reflashing, testing..So, if you like my work and u want to buy me a coffee or a beer , I will appreciate it you can do this here DONATE otherwise a click on the "thanks" button is still a good idea :D

Special thanks to Special thanks :
    Cotulla - for making all this possible
    Darkstone (v3.2 Build)
    hastarin (kernel)
    letama (ril wrapper for pppd)
    All Dev that i forgot to mention ;)
    All of u on HD2 Android build chat :D
    For future update :)
    That's not a problem with your builds, that's a problem with your partitions. You have to use minitool partition magic to change your wp7 partition from logical to primary. That will allow your android builds to mount the sd card. In all the directions for making wp7 partitions, they have links to minitool. Otherwise pm me and I'll send it to you if you cant find it.

Ok i've SOLVED this.

if anyone will have the same problem here is the way i did it...

1. i followed all the steps from this tutorial http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=913815

2.after everything was done i've reformated android partition in Windows disc Manager(this is important.right click on the drive in windows explorer and selecting "format" did not do the job for me)so go to Windows Disc Manager and format your Android partition to FAT 32 and cluster size 64.my 7.5Gig partition took about 30 mins to finish.

3.then i put Android files on to this freshly formated partition and everything was good to go.

and i had to change rootfs.img to be able to boot it from SD Card using Magldr 1.1.3.i am attaching the file here for anyone who wants to use this build this way.just overwrite the original one in your Android folder and boot.

I had one more problem with this build.i had no data connection and every time i tried to change APN settings Setting Application force closed on me.here is what i did.

From the Market i downloaded two Apps.
    1.APN Backup
    2.APN Manager
    (both free)

then i ran APN Backup and selected "Delete APNs" option in there.it will delete all predefined APNs from your device.
    after that i used "APN Manager" app and it's option to insert an APN.note that you must find out your APN settings for your operator.
    when this was done i went to APN list and activated the APN i previously created.and that was it.i recommend to reboot your phone to be sure.now i can use APN settings even from phone settings without it force closing.

hope this will help to someone.

Thank you for this great build.far the best i tried so far.

Because the rootfs.img is too big to be uploaded here on XDA i put it on Rapidshare....download it here
    I'am currently using MMCM HD V4.0 and it's great.
    Now i'am also seeing this build from mccmjoon76 [MCCM DS v4.0].
    And i'am wondering what will be the difference between these build, and which would be better for daily use.

I'am using Android all ready for many months now and really love it.:)
    just came back here to see if there was any update that was great enough to use.

So my question is which of the two builds you would recommend?

1: (FEB 11)[SD]MCCM DS V4.0(FroyoStone Sense)[kernel hastarin r8.5.3]
    or
    2: (FEB 14)[SD]MCCM HD V4.0 [DESIRE HD Sense] Perfect [kernel gauner1986's]

Thanks for your response!

Both are great and HD and DS is base on difference base HD base 'Desise HD'
    DS base on 'Desire' so up to u :)
    MCCMJOON had to go for 'vacation' again he be back on one month time .

We just press the 'THANKS' button to support him .

Mod Edit: Link removed - do not link to ROMs that contain warez.