DSM Dependency Dumper

Search This thread

dj13241

Jul 11, 2007
UPDATED FILES!!! SEE POST #3

I have built a quick and dirty DSM Dependency Dumper ... It will dump dependencies from a ROM dump, or a single DSM file.

Simple to use:
1) Click 'Load Dump' or 'Load DSM' and select the Folder or File respectivly
2) Click 'Dump Deps' and select output file (output is CSV)
3) Click 'Dump PKGs' and select output file (output is CSV)

As you will find (well its what I found) ... NO ROM has the DSM dependencies correct! I have attached my analysis of Verizon's MR2 update for the HTC Titan. More dependencies are missing then are there!

What does all of this mean? I have no idea!!! Should we (I) work on correcting the dependencies in the DSM files? Want to see something interesting? Open the XLS file in the example.zip, Filter 'Package Name' on 'Entertainment', and you will see three (3) missing deps. Now drop that filter and filter 'Dep Package Name' on 'Entertainment', and you will see three (3) VALID deps ... 'Entertainment_Lang_0409', 'Entertainment_DPI_96', and 'Entertainment_Lang_0409_DPI_96'. Interesting.

Anyone have anything more? Can anyone find a ROM with 100% correct deps?

Attachments

• DSM_Dependency.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 89
  • DSM_Example_Files.zip
    24.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi friend;

.dsm can also contain an Interface GUID

Associations (dependencies) can be tied to this interface GUID as well,

This defines a 1-to-many relationship,

I suspect the "missing dependencies" you are talking about are really associations to the interface GUID..

These interface GUID's are used in the case of languages and DPI's, where multiple packages may satisfy a dependency (any langauge package, related to that common package, for example)

dj13241

Jul 11, 2007
Da_G...

Thank you for your help ... You were dead on! I have updated my utility to export the Interface GUID as well, and found all of my "missing" dependencies!

I don't know if anyone cares, but I have attached the updated utility, as well as my analysis files.

Attachments

• DSM_Dependency.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 82
  • mr2_dsm_analysis.zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 58