FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] SGH-I747 Vanilla RootBox [04/08][v4.2][DEVELOPMENT THREAD]

4,421 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,951

By bajee11, Retired Recognized Developer on 5th January 2013, 04:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2013, 04:12 AM |#251  
Flag GTA, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepharite

Does anyone else's camera look blueish? This was after installing another 4.2 Camera.

Also none of my music players work, it crashes whenever I try to play something. I rebooted multiple times.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I use the camera packaged with the 12/12 gapps. No problems/blueish on any rom I've used. Same with the JT inverted gapps package. For music player problems I suggest clean flashing to the latest nightly.

13th January 2013, 04:50 AM |#252  
Flag orlando
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehkim

Apn is good? Network mode is on lte? Do you usI changecitbto att as your carrier?

ROOTBOX Charged JB 4.2.1 fueled by Ktoonez 747 octaned kernel SGS3.

I guess in my network mode it was set on GSM/wcdma but said preferred...i changed it to LTE/GSM/WCDMA and my 3g icon changed to 4g..
Thx...i wonder why it wasnt set on it from the start
13th January 2013, 05:19 AM |#253  
Thanks Meter: 749

More
No problem man mine was like that as well

The Following User Says Thank You to stevehkim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stevehkim Ad-Free
13th January 2013, 05:35 PM |#254  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Another question, what's the best kernel for this ROM?

I'm on ktoonez, and I get about 2.5 or less hours of battery life, same with the default kernel. Is this with all 4.2 ROMS?

I checked Better Battery, and it keeps telling me GMaps is waking up my phone. Normal?
13th January 2013, 08:07 PM |#255  
Thanks Meter: 749

More
Turn off location access.

14th January 2013, 01:41 AM |#256  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks to the rom OP

My call quality has been spotty at best. the call sounds distorted & spots of white noise. any idea why?
14th January 2013, 06:33 AM |#257  
Flag GTA, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by banquish

Thanks to the rom OP

My call quality has been spotty at best. the call sounds distorted & spots of white noise. any idea why?

Earlier AOKP/CM builds suffered from this. Because this RootBox is still based on those older builds, the problem(s) they have/had will be transferred to RootBox, unfortunately. Wait for the OP to release a new version or download the latest AOKP/CM to rid of this problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to laserlight959 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift laserlight959 Ad-Free
14th January 2013, 09:24 PM |#258  
Flag Bloomfield, CT
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Anyone else occasionally have whatever app they're in freeze up for less than a minute before the phone randomly hot boots?

I don't really know what the cause of this might be, but it's happened about 6-7 times since I installed this ROM last week Tuesday and at least 4 of those times were when I was using Instagram. Just curious about whether or not this is an isolated issue or not.

Other than that and the inability to have separate home and lockscreens without a third party app, I love this ROM as a daily driver.
14th January 2013, 10:04 PM |#259  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonson

Anyone else occasionally have whatever app they're in freeze up for less than a minute before the phone randomly hot boots?

I don't really know what the cause of this might be, but it's happened about 6-7 times since I installed this ROM last week Tuesday and at least 4 of those times were when I was using Instagram. Just curious about whether or not this is an isolated issue or not.

Other than that and the inability to have separate home and lockscreens without a third party app, I love this ROM as a daily driver.

Never had a lockup on this ROM. Been running it since the 1/9 release.
14th January 2013, 10:19 PM |#260  
Flag St. Cloud
Thanks Meter: 118

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonson

If I have read the faq correctly, you should provide the file "last_ksmg" in order to help figure out what caused the reboot. If you read the faq, you will find out what to do.

Edit: sorry, but I have he wrong thread regarding the faq. It's in task's thread. In any case, that's the file that can help diagnose the problem.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to kafepuya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kafepuya Ad-Free
14th January 2013, 11:48 PM |#261  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
How's the battery life for you guys?

I'm getting about 2 hours of screen time
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)