[ROM] Olympus CyanogenMOD 9 (with Kernel 3.1.10)

Search This thread

magiin

Nov 6, 2011
Awesome work everyone involved! Thank you for providing this, a milestone in smartphone advancement, not just for the atrix.

matteoclc

Feb 1, 2008
Olympus CyanogenMOD 9 with Kernel 3.1.10

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES SPECIFIC TO THE CURRENT VERSION OF CM9:
  • Waking up the screen to finish the call or after the call doesn't always work.
  • Fruit Ninja doesn't work.
  • Sim Card PIN unlock doesn't work (needs to be turned off before)

PIN unlock worked for me....

side note: i've upgraded from a previous cm9 where it worked...if this makes any difference...

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
Sorry but....you want to test battery life in 13 minutes? I think you need more time.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

I'm seeing the same rate of decrease as before.

How is the battery life for you? From 99 to 83 in 7 hours of sleep with no network is not high.

I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one with low battery life .

23 minutes screen on 80% battery. Clearly that is a high rate of decrease.

cpanos

Nov 17, 2012
Athens
cgi.di.uoa.gr
First of, i would like to congratulate the devs and all the people involved in this amazing achievement.

I have a question regarding this release. Since with this kernel android 4.2 is achievable (i know cm 10.1 is coming as well), why bother with cm 9 and not focus only on the latest os version?

It just seems like a waste of valuable resources trying to debug and support both cm 9 and cm 10.1.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: trashbytes

jjwatmyself

Feb 7, 2009
First of, i would like to congratulate the devs and all the people involved in this amazing achievement.

I have a question regarding this release. Since with this kernel android 4.2 is achievable (i know cm 10.1 is coming as well), why bother with cm 9 and not focus only on the latest os version?

It just seems like a waste of valuable resources trying to debug and support both cm 9 and cm 10.1.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

It's a question of compatibility as well as the ability to understand issues better. E.g. if an issue exists in CM10.1 and not in CM9, or vice versa. It's important to keep in mind that this is still at the alpha stage. Expect the unexpected.

jhonnyx

Oct 14, 2009
Buenos Aires
How's your battery life?
We should wait about 24 hours or until the battery has seated accordingly to the new charging cycle; don't you think?
Imagine how all the guys are testing ALL their apps and the battery draining right in hours.

Let's not jump into conclussions right now but wait until the day after tomorrow or until you have a decent daily usage.
I'll be checcking it for three days then come back :)

chris1871

Oct 23, 2009
La Plata
Thanks a lot ! ! !. Thanks to the whole team for the kernel, I'm from Argentina and I can not donate for now. Again thank you very much! ! !

Lexord

Aug 19, 2012
Santo domingo
Awesome! Thanks everyone, the dev team, the test team, and people that didn't spam this thread :p

-Can we report bugs here? Or maybe another thread will be open?

petersonldp

May 17, 2009
Belo Horizonte
I am grateful. I'm really enjoying it. As Kristian said, the sensor during the call works and sometimes not. In my atrix, the camera flash does not work with the native app. No need to use bluesleep_fix?

fedegin

Jul 22, 2010
Wake up Delay

Sorry if we can't post bugs here! but i don't know where can we report them!

I am experimenting a little delay when i wake up the phone with de power off button, in some cases the phone doesn't respond at all, i have to press the button a couple off times

The rom works great in general! excelente for an alpha state!!!

Sorry for my english!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Olympus CyanogenMOD 9 with Kernel 3.1.10

This thread is dedicated to Unofficial builds of CyanogenMOD 9 (ICS) for Olympus AKA Atrix and MB860, the new 3.1.10 kernel is also part of this build (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2016837)

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Same as kernel 3.1.10

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES SPECIFIC TO THE CURRENT VERSION OF CM9:
    • Fruit Ninja THD doesn't work (won't be fixing that). Normal Fruit Ninja works, it's high res now, so basically the same. To play Fruit Ninja you have to enable GPS.

Requirements:
    • Clockworkmod or compatible recovery
    • Atrix 4G with unlocked bootloader

WARNING: I DECLINE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN DAMAGING YOUR PHONE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS IN ANY PROCESS DESCRIBED ON THIS PAGE.

Installation:
    • Download file build zip file
    • Put the file somewhere on the sdcard
    • Backup your current ROM
    • Boot Clockworkmod recovery
    • Perform a factory reset (data and cache) *** NOT REQUIRED IF UPDATING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION ***
    • Clean dalvik cache
    • Install build zip file from sdcard
    • Boot the phone
    • Reboot in recovery and install Google ICS Apps (this is required to avoid the home and search button not working)
    • Reboot
    • 1st reboot takes a little longer

Update from a previous version:
    • Download file build zip file
    • Put the file somewhere on the sdcard
    • Boot into recovery and install zip
    • Install Google ICS Apps
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • Reboot

contributors: mmontuori, lehjr, epinter and me

Please consider providing valuable FEEDBACK to the thread. But before that be sure to check the FAQ thread, to get familiar with what is already known or what has already been explained

Here is bug reporting spreadsheet, use it to inform me about any found issues.

Download Links:
    cm-9-20131016-UNOFFICIAL-olympus.zip
    cm-9-20131120-UNOFFICIAL-olympus.zip
    cm-9-20131121-UNOFFICIAL-olympus.zip
    gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
    gapps-ics-facelock-20120131-signed.zip - 17.23 MB
    Initial tests shows that hack that i made to libnmea.so fixes accuracy problem. This will provide proper accuracy for maps, so no more hacks needed. If it doesn't show any more issues it should soon showup in roms.
    I'll be preparing new build soon but I can't tell when exactly because I'm quite busy lately.
    New cm9 build in the first post.

Changelog:

- storage places fixed
    - dsi panel init settings loaded from the script (/system/etc/init.d/89olympusinit)
    - back to original hwcomposer lib
    - I've added ExtDispService.apk, it causes 3 message boxes to show up after boot (it's needed to fix hdmi ipc error). I'm working on adding missing motorola framework parts but until then you either have to delete it or just press 3 times OK.
    - option to change focus mode in camera (only photos for now)
    - temporary fix for proximity issue on calls
    - stock voltages
    The kernel has a chance to work on android 4.4?

Probably yes. If google is keeping 3.1.10 for Nexus 7 (2012) then we will be fine with ours. But I want to start preparing new 3.4 kernel when we reach beta with that one.