[Q] GSM Radio Connectivity Problem

Search This thread

hollenbeck

Jan 30, 2011
Last week I got an unlocked defy from Amazon to use with simplemobile in the US. I activated a sim card and everything worked fine (data, calls, texts).

I made a backup with titanium back up, installed IML74K 4.03 AOKP build28 for Motorola Defy and all went smoothly. However, once it was loaded, I could not connect to the simplemobile network and would only get "emergency calls only"

Tried the baseband switcher v4.0, different frequencies and had no luck. In the attempt of reloading the ROM, could not get the phone to boot past the loading screen. Then I attempted to load a full SBF (T-Mobile_MB525_6.19.0_1FF). This resulted in a black screen, probably due to a version mismatch.

Then I flashed JORDN_U3_6.36.0_SIGNED_USAJRDNTMOB1B4B5DE1028.0R_JORDANTMO_P022_HWp3_Service1FF.sbf, and all worked...except connecting to the network. I still get "emergency calls only". I tried baseband switcher and 3gFixUSA found on these forums to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what to try to get the radio functioning again?

System version:
Blur_Version.3.6.190.MB525.T-Mobile.en.US

Model Number:
MB525

Firmware version:
2.1-update1

Baseband version:
EPU93ST2_U_03.04.02

Kernel Version:
2.6.29emk037@il93lnxdroid12 #1

BPflex version:
USAJRDNTMOB1B5DE1028.0R

APflex Version:
GAS_NA_JORDANTMO_P022

Build Number:
JORDN_US_6.19.0

hollenbeck

Jan 30, 2011
Yeah, I tried that exact 3g fix...is it possible that the radio firmware version is too old/too new/just wrong? Is it different than the baseband?

Khaaaan

Aug 5, 2011
Motown
Yeah, I tried that exact 3g fix...is it possible that the radio firmware version is too old/too new/just wrong? Is it different than the baseband?

I'm sure you tried all the basebands that it shows... Hm.. I had the problem until I switched to cm7 honestly.. I know the radio cant be old if it worked before. So. Im not completely sure... Except. Im on Tmobile :c

hollenbeck

Jan 30, 2011
Interesting...well maybe I should try to install cm7 as well. Is there a specific build that you used? Also, did it work out of the box, so to speak, or did you have to do some more baseband switcher tests?

At this point I'm willing to try to replicate whatever worked for you if you would be willing to share what worked, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Khaaaan

Aug 5, 2011
Motown
Interesting...well maybe I should try to install cm7 as well. Is there a specific build that you used? Also, did it work out of the box, so to speak, or did you have to do some more baseband switcher tests?

At this point I'm willing to try to replicate whatever worked for you if you would be willing to share what worked, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Its the build by Shawnshine. But I'm.sure the other builds would work.. and yes mine worked out of the box. I just tried all the basebands for tmobile and one finally worked. Plus try playing with the sim card. I got mine completely bone stock. I came from a evo 4g and a 3D. But I wont have this phone for too long I'm getting a HTC one next month :D but this phone has been good to me.

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium