SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT Case Ultra Capsule Series

Search This thread

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
Not sure if I want to wait for the Neo Hybrid Ex or just get the ultra thin one. Pretty weird how it says the ultra thin case blocks the microphone when it doesn't get anywhere near either microphone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
Not sure if I want to wait for the Neo Hybrid Ex or just get the ultra thin one. Pretty weird how it says the ultra thin case blocks the microphone when it doesn't get anywhere near either microphone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

That's what I was thinking. Ultra Thin Air don't seem to be blocking the mic.. or it shouldn't since the top is pretty much open.. Anyone want to try it out? lol I'm thinking that they're putting that description for every single SGSII AT&T case though.

axis01

Oct 5, 2007
They're most likely talking about the noise cancelling mic. It's on the top, right next to and below the headphone jack.

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
Yes, but the Ultra Thin Air Series barely covers the top noise canceling mic from what I'm seeing.

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
Anywho, I emailed them asking if they had cutouts for the lanyard loop, and antenna and they said that the AT&T versions do have to for some odd reason to be compatible with the international version of the phone. Which brings me to question why they even have separate pages for the phones. Cases for this phone are sooo confusing.

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
So they pretty much did no editing to the case, kept it the same as the international version except give us the AT&T version of the screen protector?

L Eric

Jul 15, 2011
How big a deal do you guys think the noise cancelling mic being covered is? If it is used only for noise cancelling then it doesn't seem like that big a deal, but I'm sure it's used for more than just that which could be kind of a pain in the butt.

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
Yeah, but it's just strange to have two useless cutouts that can only trap dust. Just the way they marketed them as two separate products, yet still saying they are compatible with other versions of the phone (but then not saying that the international version is compatible with the AT&T), is dumb. All for a different screen protector.

Last edited:

runtohell121

Oct 3, 2011
Seems like SGP removed the statement saying about covering the mic on the SGP Ultra Thin Series.. It's still stated on the Capsule.

han.azuki

Jul 26, 2010
well looking at the pictures of the ultra thin. it wouldnt cover the mic in the first place

falcon26

Jul 19, 2010
I'll wait for the matte finish cases from SGP. I hope they come out with one..

Stixho

Jan 10, 2011
Hey I have the Neo hybrid case currently, its a perfect fit. It still doesn't give much grip, but it does look good and fits perfectly!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To those that have ordered, how long does it typically take for them to process and ship?

I ordered from eBay store.. took them.. 8 hours? I ordered around midnight, got tracking info around 8 or 9 in the morning lol and shipping is about 2-3 days according to their estimated time.. and I should receive it within 2 days because I'm in California.
    I just got the SGP Ultra Thin Air case. Although I liked the Neo Hybrid case better, I bought this one to hold me over (until the official i777 neo hybrid version comes out) because it doesn't obstruct the second microphone.
    ^^^^As I thought it would be. They won't redesign the case when it already fits, just covering the noise canceling mic isn't too much of an issue.