Screen Discoloring?

Search This thread

zllovesuki

Feb 21, 2013
Aiming for that 3500mAh, thinking that I could get a monster battery life out of it, and.... I am being stupid by getting the phone on eBay.

Well, let's say that the screen is fine when the brightness is above 80%. However as soon as the brightness is lower than that, the upper right hand corner of the screen with a radius of 3cm, and partially the whole right side of the screen appears to be blueish. Closer look reveals that the blue pixels are brighter than the rest.

Questions: any solution to that? I found the app "Filter Your Screen" may be helpful, but I only want that part of the screen to be filtered.

I recognize the noisy "filter" of the OLED display, so don't start that on me, I am only looking for a solution or "fix" for that blueish color.

Last edited:

sweets55

May 25, 2009
At the expense of the battery life? It's like taking the material from the east side of your house then fix the west side of the house.
LoL

I keep my brightness maxed 90% of the time and I would consider myself a power user. Flex battery life is phenomenal. One of the reasons is because of the screen.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zllovesuki

Feb 21, 2013
LoL

I keep my brightness maxed 90% of the time and I would consider myself a power user. Flex battery life is phenominal. One of the reasons is because of the screen.

It's long lasting, but I reckon if the brightness can be lower without compromising the battery life AND without the discoloring, that would be better.

I have a Droid Maxx on my way, should be here tomorrow. I shall donate the device to a dev or sell it at a super low price to help the G Flex community.

spenceizzle

Dec 12, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Due to the nature of the new flexible screen tech used in the G Flex, there is always going to be some discoloration, graininess, and image persistence. Think back to the first AMOLED screens in the original Galaxy S. Its the price we pay for walking around with a mass produced engineering concept.

zllovesuki

Feb 21, 2013
Images under different color

f7e6c85504ce6e82442c770f7c8606f0.JPG

934815ad542a4a7c5e8a2dfa04fea9f5.JPG

4e4b5fbbbb602b6d35bea8460aa8f8e5.JPG

89fcd07f20b6785b92134bd6c1d0fa42.JPG

fa7cdfad1a5aaf8370ebeda47a1ff1c3.JPG

0e65972dce68dad4d52d063967f0a705.JPG

zllovesuki

Feb 21, 2013
From the last 2pics it looks as if the program may have worked slightly in the upper left hand corner? What was your experience with the pixel app?

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It didn't really work. I was talking to the seller and he agreed to refund 70 bucks to settle the screen problem. Oh well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LoL

I keep my brightness maxed 90% of the time and I would consider myself a power user. Flex battery life is phenominal. One of the reasons is because of the screen.

It's long lasting, but I reckon if the brightness can be lower without compromising the battery life AND without the discoloring, that would be better.

I have a Droid Maxx on my way, should be here tomorrow. I shall donate the device to a dev or sell it at a super low price to help the G Flex community.