NO good
Dimensions: Approx. 126(L) x 74(W) x17.5(T) mm; Weight with battery: 190g

But: who is the manifacturer?

w_s

ianpac

Oct 21, 2005
At last!

Official launch date is May 15.

I see this unit as being the long awaited upgrade to my XDA2, the dimensions are very similar but it is lightyears ahead in all specs and blows away the competition. This is what htc should have been working on instead of moving its product line towards a smartphone design.

O2 asia said they would offer a free upgrade to WM6 once they have tested it.

The USB OTG will be a huge benefit, meaning this PPC will no longer be tied to synchronization with a PC - you can use it with USB flash drives, printers, cameras etc.

IMHO, this is the best all round package you can currently buy and well worth importing it if you want a XDA2 replacement. The presentation is a bit disappointing though, pretty bland but everything else is spot on.

Ultimate Chicken

Jan 30, 2006
It's the only PDA I know with an embedded dedicated graphics card. Here are the specs (at the store):

Memory: 128MB RAM (DUDE!), 2112MB ROM
Processor: 520mhz PXA270 (um.)
Band: Triband GSM, 3.5G
Connectivity: BT2.0, Wifi B/G, Consumer-level IR(DA)
Graphics: Nvidia GoForce 5500 (not to be confused with the GeForce Go used in Laptops, but this will help A LOT.)
Features:
USB (OTG!)
TV-Out
SRS-Audio
microSD slot (why not a standard SD? <_<)

And that's that. My only complaint is that ve haff no FM Radio - I'm not too hot about GPS yet - but methinks an iTech Clip should solve that... >_>

Anyone wants to donate $1500? -.-

Ultimate Chicken

Jan 30, 2006
<_< ok, I just went back to the store. Mentioned nowhere on the brochure or flyer at all. It's something that's marketable so I don't see why it won't be mentioned unless it's not there.

ecsk2

Feb 20, 2007
I was getting ready to get it when I noticed there is no EGPRS :(
Living in GSM 3G deprived NA and being quite ok with EGPRS (but not GPRS) speeds I can live with that, but as far as I can tell there is no EGPRS on this one :(

I know sometimes manufacturers will just say GPRS and it includes both EDGE and GPRS but I have a feeling that this is not the case with the Flame?

AFAIK EGPRS is a SW thing only, so would a hack be thinkable?

Is this not an HTC made device or?

debonairone

Mar 26, 2007
FM Radio w/RDS

It's the only PDA I know with an embedded dedicated graphics card. Here are the specs (at the store):

Memory: 128MB RAM (DUDE!), 2112MB ROM
Processor: 520mhz PXA270 (um.)
Band: Triband GSM, 3.5G
Connectivity: BT2.0, Wifi B/G, Consumer-level IR(DA)
Graphics: Nvidia GoForce 5500 (not to be confused with the GeForce Go used in Laptops, but this will help A LOT.)
Features:
USB (OTG!)
TV-Out
SRS-Audio
microSD slot (why not a standard SD? <_<)

And that's that. My only complaint is that ve haff no FM Radio - I'm not too hot about GPS yet - but methinks an iTech Clip should solve that... >_>

Anyone wants to donate $1500? -.-

You must have missed this part....

Audio:
Speakerphone
Stereo speaker
SRS WOW HD (surround sound experience)
FM Radio with RDS function

eprana

Jan 22, 2005
I think I will wait for

ETEN Glofiish X800

Specification:
# Windows Mobile 6 Professional
# 400Mhz 32bit Samsung SC32442 CPU (= XScale PXA270 CPU @ 520MHz)
# 128MB ROM, 64MB RAM
# VGA (480x640) Touchscreen
# GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS2100
# CSD, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA
# SDIO, microSD, TransFlash
# WiFi: 802.11b, 802.11g
# GPS: SiRF Star III , 20 channels
# Bluetooth 2.0
# 2 Megapixel primary camera
# Front mounted VGA camera for Video calling
# 1530 mAh Lithium Polymer Battery
# 113.5x60.5x15.8 mm
# FM radio
# 160 grams

due out late August 2007

Ultimate Chicken

Jan 30, 2006
^ And internal memory, including system RAM, beat the pants off pretty much everything except the Dopod U1000. About the only thing it loses out to the X800 is the GPS.

You must have missed this part....

Audio:
Speakerphone
Stereo speaker
SRS WOW HD (surround sound experience)
FM Radio with RDS function

I didn't, I mentioned "SRS Sound", and I refuse to quote stereo speaker and speakerphone since those are pretty much part and parcel of PPCs since 2002. As for FM Radio, yeah, my bad. I've since confirmed that it has an FM radio, but it's just not mentioned in the fliers. Rock on <_<

hellogts

Sep 9, 2006
Have been using it for nearly a week. Here's my impression:
- It's big, but not too big for shirt and jeans pocket (without any case)
- Sturdy made - much much better than the XDA trion, which is my last machine.
- Quite responsive, above average, but see battery
- Not many bundled software - no backup, UI tweak,launcher etc. and I don't like the task manager (O2 menu); it does have a better alarm and a basic wireless manager though
- Not enough buttons! (2 side buttons on the left; +/- button and camera button on the right; L/R softkeys + start and ok buttons + Call/Cancel buttons in the front) That's it. No jog dial, no calendar / contact buttons, no hold button
- Auto-focus camera with led. One word - SWEET :)
- 128mb RAM and 2 gig rom ... finally, this people have some sense
- Battery life, now this can be a problem. The PXA family is not known for its battery saving ability (I think the samsung 400 is better), and with a huge screen and ram to boot, I'm sure if you use the performance setting (520 mhz) and use it a lot (gaming, wireless), it won't last for even a day. It is highly recommended that you use programmes like XCPU scalar to scale the the speed to 208 when the machine is idle, and max it at 416 (which is enough for most programmes). Then the battery life will be acceptable.
- Bluetooth, crap. Not entirely O2's fault, but how come after so many years MS(uxK) still can't get it right!? I used to own the XDAIIs and the broadcom stack is much better. I tried iTech and Jarba - the call part is ok but the music part is still not done right. Let's hope with the WM6 upgrade things will be better.

Casio A-10 > Casio E250 > Mio 338 > Asus 620BT > Loox720 > XDAIIs > Asus P525 > iPAC 6818 > XDA Trion > O2 Flame

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts