[CM7][NIGHTLYS]Cyanogenmod 7.2.0 nightlys/kernels

Search This thread

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro

Here's a test cm7 kernel I fixed a few bugs that smartass2 gave me so I will be posting the test kernels that I make here plus the nightly builds will be posted here to keep the cm7 thread spam free etc.

Credits: Alquez, Cyanogenmod, DrowningChild

NOTE: These kernels and nightlys are based on alquez sources he has gave me permission to make the nightlys while he is doing exams and keeping himself in his missus good books ;)

Nightlys:
Nightly's

Flash this kernel after flashing latest nightly for some reason it didnt go into the update.zip package
kernel.zip

For nightly change logs go here:
http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=liberty

If you wish to donate to keep me up on the coffee that would be very kind of you my donation link is here*
http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=3520901

*half of all donations will also be passed on to Alquez as well ;)

Last edited:

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Change Log

Kernel v2
change log:

Added Govenors
+Brazilianwaz
+MinMax
+Scary
+Smoothass
+SavagedZen
+InteractiveX
+Powersave

Updated Govenors
SmartassV2

Added Schedulers
+VR
+Simple i/o

Kernel v3

Added Govenors
+Lazy
+Intellidemand
+Lionheart
+Lulzactive

Updated Scheduler
BFQ v2-rc1

Last edited:
Reactions: daxiaamu

AceRoom

Jan 2, 2012
Toronto
Is there a changelog available somewhere?

Btw, I too noticed one small issue with smartass2. Maybe it's the same as the one you found?

When playing music, I noticed a fair amount of skipping when the screen switches off. I initially thought it was the player, the dsp manager, etc. Finally, I came to the conclusion that the governor was the issue. Using CPUSpy, I found smartass2 scaled the cpu to 320MHz when playing music with the screen off. When I changed the minimum CPU speed to 400MHz, the skipping went away.

Was this the issue that you noticed or is this isolated to my phone?

Edit: Will try out your kernel and see if that issue persists. And test the kernel :D
Flashed the kernel. Doesn't seem to fix this particular issue. If you could somehow implement a fix for this particular issue, it woulde be great!
Will continue testing and let you know how it goes.
Just reporting, one thing I noticed is that 3 of my apps were broken after flashing the new kernel but reinstalling them brought them back to the original state.

Last edited:

baqtor

Sep 10, 2009
Accelerometer

Hi! Im testing your kernel right now, will post results later.

I have a slightly offtopic question but it's a kernel question.

I have myself a T-mobile Wildfire S wich uses a different hardware form the European Version, the only problem with it is that the accelrometer doesn't work with custom Roms (I've red Alquez said it's a kernel problem).

I wanted to ask you for any tips to star fixing it, I have programming and linux experience but I wouldn't know where to start. Any ideas?

Thanks again, keep up the good work!

Reactions: tyrone1

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
quick q: will nightlys be available through rom manager update?

Yes they should be i will ask Alquez to see what he thinks to get the go ahead ;)

Hi! Im testing your kernel right now, will post results later.

I have a slightly offtopic question but it's a kernel question.

I have myself a T-mobile Wildfire S wich uses a different hardware form the European Version, the only problem with it is that the accelrometer doesn't work with custom Roms (I've red Alquez said it's a kernel problem).

I wanted to ask you for any tips to star fixing it, I have programming and linux experience but I wouldn't know where to start. Any ideas?

Thanks again, keep up the good work!

For the it sounds like a driver issue are you on a CDMA device with this kernel if so what works and what doesnt work?

baqtor

Sep 10, 2009
Yes they should be i will ask Alquez to see what he thinks to get the go ahead ;)

For the it sounds like a driver issue are you on a CDMA device with this kernel if so what works and what doesnt work?

It's a gsm device, everything works fine except for the accelerometer.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

baqtor

Sep 10, 2009
Will it include the qualcomm hw3d acceleration enabled? In that case, is the change noticeable? Does it accelerates only 3d or also 2d, video?

Also, do you recommend using a swap partition?

Top Liked Posts