Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to LegacyXperia CyanogenMod 12.1[/SIZE]

Not developed actively anymore. You can update to cm-13.0.

Links to development thread:
{All 2011}[DEV][Lollipop 5.1.1][LegacyXperia] unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 builds

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
redLine.png

VvlZ9FP.jpg

Last edited:

Harakhti

Aug 27, 2012
Budapest
@mikeioannina What's your stance on AOSP 5.x? Some people said some confusing things regarding you being absolutely unrelated to it and I want to get some things clear before words run off the road.

Also noticed a distinct lack of MDPI support for 5.0+ in various assets, not sure if they're WIP or not meant to be made at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naro365

RaphaelHam

Mar 9, 2013
Padang
In the requirements it said that need 2gb ext4 partition, i have only 768mb ext4 partition,how about that?
Since the ext4 is for data, so it will be fine, right?

Reactions: Naro365

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
@mikeioannina What's your stance on AOSP 5.x? Some people said some confusing things regarding you being absolutely unrelated to it and I want to get some things clear before words run off the road.

Also noticed a distinct lack of MDPI support for 5.0+ in various assets, not sure if they're WIP or not meant to be made at all.

AOSP 5.x is a LegacyXperia team work, I don't know what rumors you heard :)
Where did you see the lack of MDPI support? MDPI isn't supported very well in the past few android versions (HDPI too but not so much), because there are no new devices using that density. We can always improve where possible, but at the moment cm12 hasn't been tested a lot on MDPI devices due to lack of testers & time.

In the requirements it said that need 2gb ext4 partition, i have only 768mb ext4 partition,how about that?
Since the ext4 is for data, so it will be fine, right?

Any size will do, it just limits your available space to install apps. Since the user can now define the size of the partition, we recommend more than 2GB so there's no need to use apps/scripts like link2sd/app2sd etc.

Harakhti

Aug 27, 2012
Budapest
Where did you see the lack of MDPI support? MDPI isn't supported very well in the past few android versions (HDPI too but not so much), because there are no new devices using that density. We can always improve where possible, but at the moment cm12 hasn't been tested a lot on MDPI devices due to lack of testers & time.

I have a Coconut, and what I've noticed so far was the Boot Animation, however, more notable the fact was that some Gapps packages had MDPI resources in KK but lack it in LP. Speaking of which, any way to flash unsigned updates through recovery?

rikn00

Sep 15, 2013
I tried AOSP build and anything that loads from sd-ext (like everything) was uncomfortably slow. When application was loaded in memory animations were very smooth. I tested on my Xperia Mini (smultron) with a very old 8GB class 4 card.

mikeioannina

Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2011
Ioannina
Lenovo P2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
I have a Coconut, and what I've noticed so far was the Boot Animation, however, more notable the fact was that some Gapps packages had MDPI resources in KK but lack it in LP. Speaking of which, any way to flash unsigned updates through recovery?

No way to install unzigned zips, but you can sign them with test-keys so they can be flashed.

this has cyanogen recovery or CWM ??

Cyanogen/CM recovery. CWM is dead and no longer maintained

Reactions: Pixelado

keibak

Aug 31, 2012
Great to read that cm12 is available now.

Are there any installation instructions? I didn't find cm12 sections in the wiki articles.

Bart11666

Jan 31, 2013
Zamość
can't install recommended gapps on haida with cm12 and AOSP, got this error on mini and normal package:

Install failed
E:Cannot load volume /misc!
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted
E:Cannot load volume /misc!

plb-dev

CM12 Impressions

Hey guys,

I just installed cm12 on my smultron. There was no problem during the flashing and installation process. 'Android is upgrading' took a lot of time to complete. Later on, the introduction process ( wifi, sign in etc.) was very very laggy. I somehow managed to finish it. After that too there was lag. Then i played around a little bit , trying out the features , and now , its smooth . This ROM is incredible now . Thanks to all DEVS who made these 4-year old devices running the latest version of android.........

P.S. Sorry for my bad English :D

stefaca

Dec 21, 2011
Belgrade
installation proccess?

1. install kernel from ROM
2. format /System /Data /Cache
3. install ROM
4. install gapps

before all we must have >2gb partition on SD card (what format: fat, ext4, ...)? what is recommended partition size? I don't want to use Link2SD (I'm using small apps)

Harakhti

Aug 27, 2012
Budapest
No way to install unzigned zips, but you can sign them with test-keys so they can be flashed.

Tried using a prepacked signapk with keys, I've got some "E: footer error". PA Gapps refuses to install for the same reason by default. Not entirely sure what I messed up there.

before all we must have >2gb partition on SD card (what format: fat, ext4, ...)? what is recommended partition size? I don't want to use Link2SD (I'm using small apps)

SD-EXT is mandatory for 5.0+ on these devices, your /data is by default the second partition of SD card, which is what needs to be 2GB or larger for optimum. CM Recovery formats it as ext4, F2FS support is hanging somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: metaljoker

johnny.tifosi

Dec 11, 2012
Does the second ext4 partition really need to be set as secondary, or primary will also be OK? I'm asking because with Link2SD on CM11 it needs to be primary, so switching between CM11 and CM12 will mean also reformatting the SD card.

stefaca

Dec 21, 2011
Belgrade
your /data is by default the second partition of SD card, which is what needs to be 2GB or larger for optimum. CM Recovery formats it as ext4, F2FS support is hanging somewhere.

does this partition must be primary? and also partition layout on SD card: does this "/data" partition must be before partition which phone is going to use as actually SD card

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to LegacyXperia CyanogenMod 12.1[/SIZE]

Not developed actively anymore. You can update to cm-13.0.

Links to development thread:
    {All 2011}[DEV][Lollipop 5.1.1][LegacyXperia] unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 builds

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png

VvlZ9FP.jpg
    New builds

Hi guys, after long time some new builds are coming.
    I have included some improvements for LPA, you should be able to use it now to get rid of music stuttering.
    You can test it by adding lpa.decode=true in build.prop. It is known that LPA breaks a2dp streaming, we are trying to fix it.
    You might also notice that the headset volume is louder than usual and audio effects might distort the sound.

## Nightly build 20150723 - cm-12.1
    * Latest cm12.1 changes
    * Use upstream gp2a proximity sensor kernel driver (zeus)
    * Fixed CVE-2015-5366
    * Decreased zRAM size to 128MB
    * Added support for DM9601 based USB ethernet
    * Fixed mounting of non-FAT formatted SD cards
    * Set FIOPS as default IO scheduler instead of ROW
    * Updates & fixes for LPA
    * Testing lowmemorykiller changes to improve zRAM OOM issues

Builds will roll for all devices tomorrow, after the cm-11.0 builds are up.
    Honestly wondering: Is this release dead or still being maintained?

New build coming soon. Just waited for Google's November security updates.
    FAQ

Frequently asked questions:

Check this wiki page
    Are the below features removed due to some kind of right issues, or related to android L or just missing for now?

-By pressing volume down, i cant put phone into silent mode (Just vibration mode is there)

-cpu Freq setting is not available. I can't set it also with init.d script

-Some tiles are missing in quick pulldown (network mode for example)

-Light levels in automatic backlight are not adjustable

I am not asking for these features, no offense. I just wonder if theyre missing on purpose.

1. Silent mode is one of the most wanted missing features on L. Blame google
    2. Cpu settings are hidden now in CM for devices that have performance profiles.
    3,4. Lots of stuff haven't been ported yet to cm12 since they need to be reimplemented (most times from scratch)

I will stop supporting cm12 due to 5.0.x being so buggy and move to cm-12.1 once the issues in telephony are resolved.