[GUIDE] SM-T210 PhilZ Touch Recovery + Root

Search This thread

Matrixians 14

Nov 21, 2015
Ha Noi
Hey guys, today I'm back with another root guide. Of course it also shows you how to install recovery in case you don't have it. I will try to make the guide as easy to understand as possible, you know, for noobs. It's going to be a long day.
First thing, you can get any SuperSU zip that you want from Chainfire. I have the guaranteed one that I used to root mine. It depends on you. I will give you both links to Chainfire's thread and my file.
Requirements
-A PC
-Your device with USB cable(its battery level would better NOT below 30%)
-A stable internet connection
-Your brain(it can blow up, man, seriously)
A warning before we start:
-Files you download on your PC:
+Drivers
+Odin+Recovery
-Files you download to your device: Root(Chainfire's or mine)
Download all of them before you do anything. Extract Odin and recovery
The drivers are for Windows. I don't know if there are Samsung USB drivers for Mac or not.
Main Guide
1. Enable USB debugging on your device in developer options(to enable dev options, go to about phone, rapidly tap build number until it says that you have enabled it)
2. Open the drivers setup and install it on your PC.
3. Boot to Download mode on your device(Power off your device, then hold power and volume down button. When there's a triangle, press volume up.)
4.Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5.Run Odin on your PC
6.Uncheck Auto Reboot, click PDA and choose the recovery file.
7.Hit Start and wait until there's a PASS sign. Plug out your device and hold power button afterwards.
8.Hold power and volume up button to boot into recovery mode.
9.Tap Install, go to the folder where you put the root file in, then tap the root file.
10.Swipe to falsh.
11.Reboot, download Root Checker to verify
ENJOY!
Special thanks
Daffen Kurm (for supporting me all the time)
Liam Francis, Laguire Sien Tiamat and Kamross Sorberg (for helping me all the time)
Kohlner Freisch (idea to make this post after a while)
Squadron 3(Anti-Hacking)

Matrixians 14

Nov 21, 2015
Ha Noi
Does this work on SM-T210 7.0" ??

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T210 using XDA-Developers mobile app
Well, I tested it on the 8 or 9 inch whatever and it worked out. But there's a still chance that this won't work on models other than its own. You can check and send me your device's model and i'll figure out another way for you. But don't try this method, it will only make it worse.

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Nick Silicon

Apr 30, 2016
Root

Hey, my device is not starting. It hangs when logo appears. Device was rooted. Can i still install Custom ROM or tell me another solution to make my device work again. Already tried Factory reset but doesn't works.

Matrixians 14

Nov 21, 2015
Ha Noi
Hey, my device is not starting. It hangs when logo appears. Device was rooted. Can i still install Custom ROM or tell me another solution to make my device work again. Already tried Factory reset but doesn't works.
Ok, you should try the other root zip file, because I posted 2 to make sure that you can do it all over again. Or you should first try rebooting your device again. I'm sorry for the inconvenience

Reactions: Nick Silicon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, today I'm back with another root guide. Of course it also shows you how to install recovery in case you don't have it. I will try to make the guide as easy to understand as possible, you know, for noobs. It's going to be a long day.
    First thing, you can get any SuperSU zip that you want from Chainfire. I have the guaranteed one that I used to root mine. It depends on you. I will give you both links to Chainfire's thread and my file.
    Requirements
    -A PC
    -Your device with USB cable(its battery level would better NOT below 30%)
    -A stable internet connection
    -Your brain(it can blow up, man, seriously)
    A warning before we start:
    -Files you download on your PC:
    +Drivers
    +Odin+Recovery
    -Files you download to your device: Root(Chainfire's or mine)
    Download all of them before you do anything. Extract Odin and recovery
    The drivers are for Windows. I don't know if there are Samsung USB drivers for Mac or not.
    Main Guide
    1. Enable USB debugging on your device in developer options(to enable dev options, go to about phone, rapidly tap build number until it says that you have enabled it)
    2. Open the drivers setup and install it on your PC.
    3. Boot to Download mode on your device(Power off your device, then hold power and volume down button. When there's a triangle, press volume up.)
    4.Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
    5.Run Odin on your PC
    6.Uncheck Auto Reboot, click PDA and choose the recovery file.
    7.Hit Start and wait until there's a PASS sign. Plug out your device and hold power button afterwards.
    8.Hold power and volume up button to boot into recovery mode.
    9.Tap Install, go to the folder where you put the root file in, then tap the root file.
    10.Swipe to falsh.
    11.Reboot, download Root Checker to verify
    ENJOY!
    Special thanks
    Daffen Kurm (for supporting me all the time)
    Liam Francis, Laguire Sien Tiamat and Kamross Sorberg (for helping me all the time)
    Kohlner Freisch (idea to make this post after a while)
    Squadron 3(Anti-Hacking)
    Ok, you should try the other root zip file, because I posted 2 to make sure that you can do it all over again. Or you should first try rebooting your device again. I'm sorry for the inconvenience