Help fast !!! i messed with simulate secondary screen Android one Karbonn sparkle V

Search This thread

Shripad Goenka

Feb 17, 2016
Please help me asap

i was just messing and seeing the tweaks i could make on my android 6.0 device (karbonn sparkle V)

i stumbled upon (simulate secondary screen ) and i thought ill see what it is ....... i chose the 4k(secure) option and sudenly my whole screen had this translucent - black layer above my screen and i could not do anything on my phone since that layer was above all buttons and i very stupidly shut my phone screen and started it again only to see my phone locked since i had set a pattern lock.

so the case is i cant unlock my phone since that layer or secondary screen is literally covering my phone

and because i cant unlock my phone i cant get into any sort of recovery or anything

i have been searching for ways to fix this but everywhere i can only see the (stuck in loop ) tutorial which is not my case

please.. please help me i need it fast
the reason i came here as a last resort is because i've seen XDA as very helpful site

My phone is rooted
Karbonn sparkle V (android)
android marshmallow

Alex020

Apr 20, 2016
Kanpur
You can move the secondary screen just move the display by drag and drop move the upward screen down and you can see the Simulate secondary display option then choose the lower is a resolution and move it down and then again to the lower resolution then chose to none and you can remove the secondary display

Ionut17

Oct 25, 2016
I have the same problem on my LG Leon 4G and I can do nothing to fix it. Can you please help me?( I have some important projects and photo on it)

TinaZamora

May 30, 2018
I had this problem I was able to move red square and set it back to none then restarted my phone and it was better again I have a S9Plus hope this help

Jan 11, 2019
i want help please please someone we had the same problem like this guy posting this

Bruh someone please help me i had the same problem and I have password in it and I can't even get out or play games why the **** would they put this feature to phones that doesn't even make a lot of sense my phone is Huawei Android 6.0 marshmallow too and I don't want to cry everyday cuz I just missed my games maaan why whyyyyyy....... someone please please please!!!! Help me just even this time someone please and I'm totally crying right now while righting this now it's 2019 and I hate it I wish I had a power to reverse time and warn myself not to do that.. if your asking ''what phone are you using right now?'' The phone I used now is good old Samsung with no games and no storage data to download games and now Im sad Af and I'm crying too I'll hope someone will read this and help me I missed my games so much.. I wish I'll have pc so I can play more games and with more games its more fun and I'm that man ''with no games no life man'' so I'll hope someone will help and I wish my parents will give me pc for my birthday now is 01/11/19 if you don't know what that is its January 11, 2019 i hope this will be seen by someone who know to help someone with people with this ****ty phone feature phone problem btw sorry for my bad words okay if there is a kid willing to help out there.

sitikeyy

Feb 26, 2019
Medan, Indonesia
way out

go to safe mode,
you can googling how to turn safe mode based on your handphone type
and then back to developer option menu, on simulate secondary screen choose -->> none
and restart your phone

it works for me

Minecraftlover

Dec 20, 2022
I have the same problom to, i can’t even go to the control center!!!, I tried doing a force restart, but i did NOTHING, So i will wait for it to die so i can try to go in recovery mode, I want android to remove this feature right now! This feature is seriously dangerous! So now i can’t use my phone?! IS THIS FEATURE PERMANENT?!

snappysilver

Jan 26, 2023
Well, I'm answering your question from 2023 lol..
First of all you need to turn your phone into 'safe mode' - This safe mode is just like an emergency exit from rough situation.

There are two ways to turn on safe mode.
1. Press and hold the power button
- you'll see two options; to 'power off' or 'restart'
2. Press and hold 'power off' for some few seconds
3. The safe mode interface will pop out asking you whether to 'Reboot to safe Mode'
4. Click on 'Okay' or 'Yes' (But if your screen monitor is not allowing you to click the area, see option 2)
It will reboot to safe mode,.then you can operate your phone and deactivate any developer option setting you did...after deactivating turn off developer option if you want and then 'restart' your phone, it will come back to normal.

Option 2.
1. Turn off your phone by any way you can.
2. Now turn it on, immediately it starts the animation or 3 seconds after you switch it on,.
Press and hold the 'volume down button' until your phone vibrtes
This will take the phone to 'safe Mode' then you can undo all your settings, then restart your phone..

Thanks for reading, I hope this helps? You can email me promisesilver3@gmail.com

deenbernads

Jan 2, 2024

Safe mode is the only way...
Power off and then turn on and press volume down key.. and fix the issue in developer option
I also faced this issue and now I fixed myself

Last edited: