[ROOT][GUIDE][2018] Enable Leanback Laucher, Recommendations, Castreceiver, Assistant

Search This thread

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
I hereby discontinue support for my Fire TV Guides and Apps. I've been a big fan of Fire TV devices for the last 2-3 years, but Amazon has now with each firmware further limited the possibilities of a configurable Android environment and even destroyed standard Android commands. This goes too far for me now.

I can recommend the following devices to anyone who wants to have a reasonable and much better Android TV experience, which I now use myself and am enthusiastic about:
  • Mi Box
  • Mi Box S
  • Sony Android TV (ATV3 platform, eg. XF7, XF8, XF9 or higher)

Last edited:

sconnyuk

Jul 31, 2011
Sunderland
attachment.php

attachment.php

The following steps installs the newest Leanback Launcher with Recommendations, Chromecast integrated, Daydream and activates the Google Voice Search with Google Assistant so that it also can be used in a current Kodi 18 Nightly Build on a Fire TV.

This is the most comprehensive and up-to-date transformation of a Fire TV into an Android TV device with almost all Google functionalities usable.

Amazon TV Launcher and Amazon Alexa voice search are completely replaced by Leanback Launcher and Google Voice Search. Xposed edge, XInstaller and HDXPosed must also be installed and activated. Before installing it is recommended to make a backup of the system and data partition via TWRP if you have connected an external sdcard. Many thanks to @SimLynks for some tips from his PlayFire modification and to @peleg for his wonderful [project] aftv2atv.

This manual is only possible with a rooted device!

• Tested on a rooted Fire TV 4k box
  • Firmware 5.2.6.2

Instructions:
Unpack all zip files and copy all apk in the appendix to C:\adb\

1. Disabling unnecessary and blocking Amazon junk
Code:
adb shell su -c pm disable amazon.jackson19
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.acos.providers.UnifiedSettingsProvider
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.advertisingidsettings
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.ags.app
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.application.compatibility.enforcer
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.application.compatibility.enforcer.sdk.library
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.avod
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.bueller.music
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.bueller.notification
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.bueller.photos
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.client.metrics
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.client.metrics.api
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.communication.discovery
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.sale.service
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.software.ota
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.software.ota.override
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.sync
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.sync.sdk.internal
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.imp
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.kindle.cms
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.kor.demo
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.logan
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.metrics.api
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.ods.kindleconnect
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.recess
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tahoe
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tcomm.client
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.csapp
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.launcher
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.launcher/.ui.HomeActivity_vNext
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.legal.notices
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.nimh
adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.settings/com.amazon.tv.settings.tv.AppDisableService

adb shell su -c mount -o remount,rw /system
adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.vizzini
adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/WhisperplayCore
adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/WhisperplayInstall
adb shell su -c mount -o remount,ro /system
(Notice: Amazon Alexa and Wisperplay will be completely deleted to make room on the system partition for Chromecast Integrated.)

2. Customize build.prop
View attachment 4481935
Code:

adb push C:\adb\mod-build.prop.sh /sdcard/
adb shell su -c sh /sdcard/mod-build.prop.sh
adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/mod-build.prop.sh

3. Adjust permissions for voice recognition
View attachment 4481936
Code:

adb push C:\adb\tv_core_hardware.xml /sdcard/
adb shell su -c cp /sdcard/tv_core_hardware.xml /system/etc/permissions/tv_core_hardware.xml
adb shell su -c chmod 644 /system/etc/permissions/tv_core_hardware.xml
adb shell su -c chown root:root /system/etc/permissions/tv_core_hardware.xml
adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/tv_core_hardware.xml

4. Install Open Google apps for Android TV

Download the matching zip file and copy it to the sdcard (I use version open_gapps-arm64-5.1-tvstock-20180423).

Open GApps for ARM (Fire TV sticks)
Open GApps for ARM64 (Fire TV boxes)

Insert this code to new "gapps-config.txt" and copy it to the same directory as the GApps on the sdcard.
Code:
forceclean
skipswypelibs
skipvendorlibs
GoogleAssistant

+extsharedstock
+keyboardstock
+provision
+packageinstallerstock
+webviewstock
+notouchauthdelegate

Include

gappspico
backdrop
#castreceiver
configupdater
googlebackuptransport
googlecontactsync
gsfcore
leanbacklauncher
overscan
secondscreenauthbridge
secondscreensetup
tvcustomization
tvetc
tvframework
tvgmscore
tvkeyboardgoogle
tvvending
tvwallpaper
tvwidget

Then install the GApps zip via TWRP and restart the device. Please don't sign up for Google Play Store yet!

5. Allow Google registration (NoTouchAuthDelegate)
View attachment 4481943
Code:

adb push C:\adb\Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk /sdcard/
adb shell su -c chmod 755 /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/
adb shell su -c rm /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
adb shell su -c cp /sdcard/Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
adb shell su -c chmod 644 /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
adb shell su -c chown root:root /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk

6. Install Google app to enable voice recognition (com.google.android.katniss)
Now restart the device and then sign in to Google Play Store.

Then search for and install the "Google" app on the Play Store. It'll take a while (I use current Google 2.2.0.138699360).
(Notice: The search in the Play Store does not work with the search button on the remote!)

7. Adjust the Xposed edge key configuration for the search button of the Fire TV remote
Activate the "Keys" in the Xposed edge and add the new KEYCODE_SEARCH key (simply press the search key on the Fire Remote for recognition).

Use "Single Click" with the activity "com.google.android.katniss\.search.SearchActivity" and leave "Long press" empty. This is the standard function, you first have to click and release the microphone, wait until the input is ready ("Speak Now" appears), and then press and hold the microphone and speak, then release.
More useful key assignments for the Leanback Launcher see attached photos:
View attachment 4488212View attachment 4488213View attachment 4488214View attachment 4488215

8. Install Android TV Settings modified for Fire TV
Once you have installed the aftv2atv Fire TV settings (better than the modified settings apk from PlayFire), you can choose which apps the Google Assistant is allowed to search for hits.
View attachment 4488216
Code:

adb push C:\adb\TvSettings-2.1.1.apk /sdcard/
adb shell su -c cp /sdcard/TvSettings-2.1.1.apk /system/priv-app/TvSettings/TvSettings.apk
adb shell su -c chmod 644 /system/priv-app/TvSettings/TvSettings.apk
adb shell su -c chown root:root /system/priv-app/TvSettings/TvSettings.apk
adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/TvSettings-2.1.1.apk

9. Finish
Reboot for the last time.

That's all and now you will boot directly in Leanback Launcher and start the voice search by pressing the search button in Leanback Launcher and Kodi.
Google Assistant also now finds hits in Kodi (movies, tv shows and music, if Kodi already is running), along with other sources such as YouTube, Spotify, etc. (directly install these apps from Google Play Store)

10. Optional: Access Amazon settings
If you still need to access the Amazon settings, you can install my modified conFIREator Settings app additionally (More details click here):
View attachment 4488238

Known issues
Although the cast receivers are displayed and found correctly, no device could connect. Looks like Google has something here against unlicensed cast receivers.

After step 5 your guide says install the google app, when i log into google and search for the app it wont let me install it ? i get error code 0

Reactions: happyghoul

sconnyuk

Jul 31, 2011
Sunderland
Did you already have an older version installed? Then simply uninstall them before.

brand new install of latest fire tv2 rom. clean slate and following your guide.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

ive just tried again, im up to instaaling gapps and waiting on optomising

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Did you already have an older version installed? Then simply uninstall them before.

no, ive just formatted and installed latest rom (fire tv2) and folowing as a clean slate.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

can you tell me what i need to do after step 5 ? it says install google app but it isnt included in your guide ? thanks

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
Thanks for all the help but after i install that and go sign into google store, search google and try install i get error code 0 again, no matter what i try install i get trhe same error code, any idea ?

Code:
adb shell
chown -R media_rw:media_rw /data/media/
find /data/media/ -type d -exec chmod 775 {} ‘;’
find /data/media/ -type f -exec chmod 664 {} ‘;’4)

sconnyuk

Jul 31, 2011
Sunderland
Code:
adb shell
chown -R media_rw:media_rw /data/media/
find /data/media/ -type d -exec chmod 775 {} ‘;’
find /data/media/ -type f -exec chmod 664 {} ‘;’4)

Thanks, im restoring my backup at the moment, what will this code do ? i dont get any reccomendations and i cant see any setting icons on my home screen either, will this fix those issues too ?

sconnyuk

Jul 31, 2011
Sunderland
Best luck! I have tested my guide on 4 Fire TVs... I've never got Error 0.

Ok, so i seem to have got a littel further this time, i can now install from playstore and reccomendations work (sometimes) but, i cannot see any settings icon ? and obviously my original settings are disabled.
Also i cant see my sideloaded apps anywhere or even know where to access them from ? can you shed any light on this for me please ?

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
Ok, so i seem to have got a littel further this time, i can now install from playstore and reccomendations work (sometimes) but, i cannot see any settings icon ? and obviously my original settings are disabled.
Also i cant see my sideloaded apps anywhere or even know where to access them from ? can you shed any light on this for me please ?

Is it possible that you have not configured XInstaller correctly? Please send me screenshots of your XPosed modules and one screenshot of each XInstaller area. If the settings do not appear at the bottom of the launcher, you have not installed the Settings.apk correctly. Please scroll down in the launcher and take a screenshot.

To access all apps, press and hold the Menu key, then the app bar opens with all (even the non-leanback) apps. To do this, however, you must have configured all keys as specified in Xposed edge.

sconnyuk

Jul 31, 2011
Sunderland
Is it possible that you have not configured XInstaller correctly? Please send me screenshots of your XPosed modules and one screenshot of each XInstaller area. If the settings do not appear at the bottom of the launcher, you have not installed the Settings.apk correctly. Please scroll down in the launcher and take a screenshot.

To access all apps, press and hold the Menu key, then the app bar opens with all (even the non-leanback) apps. To do this, however, you must have configured all keys as specified in Xposed edge.
Yes I've not configured xinstaller as I can't find the app xinstaller to launch. I have managed to get as far as installing settings and running all commands but I do not see any settings. If there was a way to select xinstaller I might be able to progress?

rainman74

Jul 31, 2016
Munich
Yes I've not configured xinstaller as I can't find the app xinstaller to launch. I have managed to get as far as installing settings and running all commands but I do not see any settings. If there was a way to select xinstaller I might be able to progress?

Launch the Xposed Installer
- Click on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen
- Click on Modules
- Click the check box to activate XInstaller (use Mouse Toogle for Fire TV)

Restart the Fire TV

Launch the Xposed Installer again
- Click on Modules again
- Click on XInstaller

In XInstaller click on XInstaller first
- Check Expert mode
- Press the back arrow

In the Installations page, in the "Enable" section, check the boxes for:
- Downgrading apps
- Installing unknown apps
- Then scroll down to the "Disable" section and check the boxes for:
- Checking signatures
- Checking signatures (F-Droid)
- Forward locking
- Verifying apps
- Checking SDK version
- Checking duplicated permissions
- Press the back arrow

In the Misc page, in the "Enable" section, check the box for:
- Debugging apps
- Checking permissions
- Verifying JAR
- Verifying signatures
- Checking Lucky Patcher
- Auto updating Google Play

Exit the program

Last edited:

sconnyuk

Jul 31, 2011
Sunderland
Launch the Xposed Installer
- Click on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen
- Click on Modules
- Click the check box to activate XInstaller (use Mouse Toogle for Fire TV)

Restart the Fire TV

Launch the Xposed Installer again
- Click on Modules again
- Click on XInstaller

In XInstaller click on XInstaller first
- Check Expert mode
- Press the back arrow

In the Installations page, in the "Enable" section, check the boxes for:
- Downgrading apps
- Installing unknown apps
- Checking signatures
- Checking signatures (F-Droid)
- Forward locking
- Verifying apps
- Checking SDK version
- Checking duplicated permissions
- Press the back arrow

In the Misc page, in the "Enable" section, check the box for:
- Debugging apps
- Checking permissions
- Verifying JAR
- Verifying signatures
- Checking Lucky Patcher
- Auto updating Google Play

Exit the program

Thanks for that, its working now.
I have recomendations come up correctly, i can see and use my settings now and its now setup better than i had previously.
One question, how to make my sideloaded apps show on the homescreen ? or isnt this possible ?
Thanks for your help and for putting this together.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hereby discontinue support for my Fire TV Guides and Apps. I've been a big fan of Fire TV devices for the last 2-3 years, but Amazon has now with each firmware further limited the possibilities of a configurable Android environment and even destroyed standard Android commands. This goes too far for me now.

I can recommend the following devices to anyone who wants to have a reasonable and much better Android TV experience, which I now use myself and am enthusiastic about:
    • Mi Box
    • Mi Box S
    • Sony Android TV (ATV3 platform, eg. XF7, XF8, XF9 or higher)
    Hey, first thank you for your tutorial :good:. Followed all the steps, but unfortunaley I get every time the error 70, when I want to install the opengapps package over twrp (Fire TV 1). Even tried your morespace adb commands, but still get this error. Also tried to wipe everything (twrp wipe cache, system etc.).

My firetv 1 is on the new 5.2.6.6 Firmware (bueller), is the new firmware the problem?

You have several problems:

1. Your free space on the system partition is much too small (17,552 KB free), indicating that a lot of exceptional stuff have been installed on your device to system partition
    2. Your device type is still on "phone", indicating that step two was not executed correctly (Customize build.prop)
    3. The entries ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-xiaomi-tv and ro.com.google.gmsversion=5.1_r1_TV are also missing, indicating that you did not install BusyBox correctly. Just installing the apk is not enough, you have to start BusyBox, grant root privileges and then install the actual BusyBox binary and repeat from step two.

Beyond that following suggestions:
    • Delete as many system apps as you can that you don't need
    • Make sure you have actually deleted these apps, check the folders using Total Commander or shell ls command...
      Code:

adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.amazonvideo.livingroom
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.avod
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.bueller.music
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.bueller.photos
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.shoptv.client
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.tahoe
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.tv.csapp
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.tv.livetv
      adb shell su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/com.amazon.venezia [B]*optional*[/B]

Awesome a new project for tomorrow. Thanks for all your hard work.
    attachment.php

attachment.php

The following steps installs the newest Leanback Launcher with Recommendations, Chromecast integrated, Daydream and activates the Google Voice Search with Google Assistant so that it also can be used in a current Kodi 18 Nightly Build on a Fire TV.

This is the most comprehensive and up-to-date transformation of a Fire TV into an Android TV device with almost all Google functionalities usable.

Amazon TV Launcher and Amazon Alexa voice search are completely replaced by Leanback Launcher and Google Voice Search. Xposed edge, XInstaller and HDXPosed must also be installed and activated. Before installing it is recommended to make a backup of the system and data partition via TWRP if you have connected an external sdcard. Many thanks to @SimLynks for some tips from his PlayFire modification and to @peleg for his wonderful [project] aftv2atv.

This manual is only possible with a rooted device!

• Tested on a rooted Fire TV 4k box
    • Firmware 5.2.6.2

Instructions:
    Unpack all zip files and copy all apk in the appendix to C:\adb\

1. Disabling unnecessary and blocking Amazon junk
    Code:
    adb shell su -c pm disable amazon.jackson19
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.acos.providers.UnifiedSettingsProvider
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.advertisingidsettings
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.ags.app
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.application.compatibility.enforcer
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.application.compatibility.enforcer.sdk.library
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.avod
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.bueller.music
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.bueller.notification
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.bueller.photos
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.client.metrics
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.client.metrics.api
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.communication.discovery
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.sale.service
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.software.ota
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.software.ota.override
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.sync
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.device.sync.sdk.internal
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.imp
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.kindle.cms
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.kor.demo
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.logan
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.metrics.api
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.ods.kindleconnect
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.recess
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tahoe
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tcomm.client
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.csapp
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.launcher
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.launcher/.ui.HomeActivity_vNext
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.legal.notices
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.nimh
    adb shell su -c pm disable com.amazon.tv.settings/com.amazon.tv.settings.tv.AppDisableService

(Notice: Amazon Alexa and Wisperplay will be completely deleted to make room on the system partition for Chromecast Integrated.)

2. Customize build.prop
    View attachment 4481935
    Code:

adb push C:\adb\mod-build.prop.sh /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c sh /sdcard/mod-build.prop.sh
    adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/mod-build.prop.sh

3. Adjust permissions for voice recognition
    View attachment 4481936
    Code:

adb push C:\adb\tv_core_hardware.xml /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c cp /sdcard/tv_core_hardware.xml /system/etc/permissions/tv_core_hardware.xml
    adb shell su -c chmod 644 /system/etc/permissions/tv_core_hardware.xml
    adb shell su -c chown root:root /system/etc/permissions/tv_core_hardware.xml
    adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/tv_core_hardware.xml

4. Install Open Google apps for Android TV

Download the matching zip file and copy it to the sdcard (I use version open_gapps-arm64-5.1-tvstock-20180423).

Open GApps for ARM (Fire TV sticks)
    Open GApps for ARM64 (Fire TV boxes)

Insert this code to new "gapps-config.txt" and copy it to the same directory as the GApps on the sdcard.
    Code:
    forceclean
    skipswypelibs
    skipvendorlibs
    GoogleAssistant

+extsharedstock
    +keyboardstock
    +provision
    +packageinstallerstock
    +webviewstock
    +notouchauthdelegate

Include

gappspico
    backdrop
    #castreceiver
    configupdater
    googlebackuptransport
    googlecontactsync
    gsfcore
    leanbacklauncher
    overscan
    secondscreenauthbridge
    secondscreensetup
    tvcustomization
    tvetc
    tvframework
    tvgmscore
    tvkeyboardgoogle
    tvvending
    tvwallpaper
    tvwidget

Then install the GApps zip via TWRP and restart the device. Please don't sign up for Google Play Store yet!

5. Allow Google registration (NoTouchAuthDelegate)
    View attachment 4481943
    Code:

adb push C:\adb\Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c chmod 755 /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/
    adb shell su -c rm /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
    adb shell su -c cp /sdcard/Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
    adb shell su -c chmod 644 /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
    adb shell su -c chown root:root /system/app/NoTouchAuthDelegate/NoTouchAuthDelegate.apk
    adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/Tv-NoTouchGsf.apk

6. Install Google app to enable voice recognition (com.google.android.katniss)
    Now restart the device and then sign in to Google Play Store.

Then search for and install the "Google" app on the Play Store. It'll take a while (I use current Google 2.2.0.138699360).
    (Notice: The search in the Play Store does not work with the search button on the remote!)

7. Adjust the Xposed edge key configuration for the search button of the Fire TV remote
    Activate the "Keys" in the Xposed edge and add the new KEYCODE_SEARCH key (simply press the search key on the Fire Remote for recognition).

Use "Single Click" with the activity "com.google.android.katniss\.search.SearchActivity" and leave "Long press" empty. This is the standard function, you first have to click and release the microphone, wait until the input is ready ("Speak Now" appears), and then press and hold the microphone and speak, then release.
    More useful key assignments for the Leanback Launcher see attached photos:
    View attachment 4488212View attachment 4488213View attachment 4488214View attachment 4488215

8. Install Android TV Settings modified for Fire TV
    Once you have installed the aftv2atv Fire TV settings (better than the modified settings apk from PlayFire), you can choose which apps the Google Assistant is allowed to search for hits.
    View attachment 4488216
    Code:

adb push C:\adb\TvSettings-2.1.1.apk /sdcard/
    adb shell su -c cp /sdcard/TvSettings-2.1.1.apk /system/priv-app/TvSettings/TvSettings.apk
    adb shell su -c chmod 644 /system/priv-app/TvSettings/TvSettings.apk
    adb shell su -c chown root:root /system/priv-app/TvSettings/TvSettings.apk
    adb shell su -c rm /sdcard/TvSettings-2.1.1.apk

9. Finish
    Reboot for the last time.

That's all and now you will boot directly in Leanback Launcher and start the voice search by pressing the search button in Leanback Launcher and Kodi.
    Google Assistant also now finds hits in Kodi (movies, tv shows and music, if Kodi already is running), along with other sources such as YouTube, Spotify, etc. (directly install these apps from Google Play Store)

10. Optional: Access Amazon settings
    If you still need to access the Amazon settings, you can install my modified conFIREator Settings app additionally (More details click here):
    View attachment 4488238

Known issues
    Although the cast receivers are displayed and found correctly, no device could connect. Looks like Google has something here against unlicensed cast receivers.

After step 5 your guide says install the google app, when i log into google and search for the app it wont let me install it ? i get error code 0
    I have an issue with Prime Video. It open up, shows me my episodes but when I click to play, I get the spinning circle and then an error message of not being able to play the video. I have tried all the various Prime Video apks but no luck. If I sign out of my Prime Video account ( have to authorize via Code), it plays the trailers of shows. Help!

That's up to you and not the mod. I just tried it and can play it with the current Prime APK series without any problems.

I use this APK: Amazon-Prime-Video-AndroidTV-4.8.69

103018092025.jpg
    103018092026.jpg