[APP] Dolphin Browser and Dolphin Browser Beta [Updated Feb/12/13]

Search This thread

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
No GPU acceleration, and it will only be coming to Dolphin on Honeycomb according to what I have read.

To the devs: all of the Dolphin 5 builds have all kept stopping while loading some pages. Not a crash, just stop loading the page. Otherwise, definitely better than the old version, which was great in itself :)

Have you tried Dolphin Browser HD 5.0.1 Beta? It fixed the page loading issues and Dolphin Browser HD 5.0.2 Beta fixed it for devices who still had it with 5.0.1 Beta.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rico ANDROID

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
No GPU acceleration, and it will only be coming to Dolphin on Honeycomb according to what I have read.

To the devs: all of the Dolphin 5 builds have all kept stopping while loading some pages. Not a crash, just stop loading the page. Otherwise, definitely better than the old version, which was great in itself :)

Same problem here. Using 5.0.1.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium App

L

lambomanx1

I haven't, as Dolphin isn't my main browser.

Another one (though I don't know of this is fixed): FCs when you clear data then try and load a new page...I presume that has been fixed though.

Sent from my Desire HD

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
New problem. The toolbar swiping doesn't work. I have to press menu and then either choose toolbar or bookmark to access them. I've checked the settings, but i can't find any settings for it?

jassyfr

May 26, 2011
Quebec
New problem. The toolbar swiping doesn't work. I have to press menu and then either choose toolbar or bookmark to access them. I've checked the settings, but i can't find any settings for it?

hi, i think first you should clarify which version you are using, for dolphin browser mini version, there is no toolbar or bookmarks available in the left or right bar.
But for the HD version, say HD v5.0.2,you can set as follow:
Settings->dolphin settings->enable swipe action
then the toolbar will work.
and if any question, you can write to them at support@dolphin-browser.com.
hope that helps!:p

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
OMG... I haven't seen that option. I've checked the setting at least 5 times!

But OK, that option was disabled (don't know why) but it works now :p Thanks for your help!

Robin2

Jun 19, 2009
I'm not impressed with Dolphin HD 5.0.1. Very slow and no private browsing function. Mini is so much better!

k4p741nkrunch

Jun 14, 2010
Florida
I've been using this browser on Myns TwoPointTwo on my Evo and so far I'm liking everything. One feature I wish was added is the ability to pull down at the top of the page to access the address bar. I have the browser in full screen mode all the time (funny, I don't remember setting that) and I always have to swipe out the right menu and un-fullscreen before I see the tabs and the address bar. Considering the menus can be a bit tricky to pull out depending on the width of the page, it can be very frustrating to just type in a url.

thronnos

Apr 28, 2011
San Antonio
www.TheOrderGaming.net
I've used dolphin in all its versions. Slow, and laggy. Nice features but like crap. I used opera mini. Very quick. But lacks so much. I use Firefox beta now. I love it. Its quick. Not as fast as opera but faster then stock. The add-ons!!!! And the amazing support. But, no flash yet :'(

Sent from my cyanogenized EVO shift 4G using XDA App

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
I'm not impressed with Dolphin HD 5.0.1. Very slow and no private browsing function. Mini is so much better!

1. You can't speak for everyone. Many users of Dolphin Browser HD always comment on having very fast browsing. Check your internet connection or maybe it's just your device that is the problem.
2. There is an option to browse without history in it.

Last edited:

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
I've used dolphin in all its versions. Slow, and laggy. Nice features but like crap. I used opera mini. Very quick. But lacks so much. I use Firefox beta now. I love it. Its quick. Not as fast as opera but faster then stock. The add-ons!!!! And the amazing support. But, no flash yet :'(

Sent from my cyanogenized EVO shift 4G using XDA App

Speak for yourself about it being slow and laggy because for many...many people, it isn't.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
He's probably running it on his rusty G1 and expect it to run everything including LA Noir and Crysis 2.

Reactions: Theonew

Robin2

Jun 19, 2009
Theonew, calm down. I'm just sharing my experiences - I never said I was forcing people to accept my results. Everyone should test for theirselves. Dolphin Mini is the better browser for me.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2.0.1+ (for Dolphin Browser) and 2.3+ (for Dolphin Browser Beta)

op8NZIbcw_V6SAZ0JsgzE5bNXFIifXhxsjadYpw_G1jL_czTPpnj_DtdlPnvKehqVAY=w705

When Dolphin Browser is in BETA and any feedback is welcome. Mail to beta@dolphin-browser.com
    Customer Support: support@mobotap.com
    Blog: http://dolphin-browser.com/blog/

Dolphin Browser 9.3.1 Released :D - Market Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser&hl=en.

Recent Changes:

What's in this version:
    1.Send to Device: Fixed the failing to send problem when use it for the first time
    2.Various stability and performance improvements

Comparison Chart of Dolphin Browser vs Stock Browser:
    dolphin-HD1.png

Dolphin Engine in Beta
    About Dolphin Engine Beta

What is Dolphin Engine in Beta?

Dolphin Engine (in Beta) is an improved webkit version with extensive canvas enhancement and behind-the-scenes technology that makes it the highest performing HTML5 browser available today.

What does highest performing mean?

Dolphin has placed particular attention to canvas element, 2D context and text rendering. In addition, Dolphin Engine made significant GPU technology improvements around GPU accelerated canvas rendering and optimized CPU / GPU parallel computing.

How fast? Dolphin Engine’s HTML-5 Rendering is:

5-10X faster than the default Android browser
    100% faster than Chrome (at times)
    Scored over a 450 when tested on HTML5test.com. (HTML5test.com is an a respected tool for testing a browser’s support of HTML5)

Try out the Dolphin Engine with behind-the scenes technology that makes this Dolphin Browser the highest performing HTML5 browser.

new-list-of.png

Source

Recent Changes:
    1. Fixed the display issue of Arabic language
    2. Swype keyboard support:
    * improved stability
    * now supports auto space
    3. Various stability and performance improvements

Dolphin Browser Beta is now on the market!! - Market Link
    New Version Added!!

Dolphin Browser HD 6.0.0 Beta released! Give it a try.;)
    We're out of Beta again! Dolphin Browser HD 5.1 added. :D
    Thanks for the share, it's Super Fast, and my browser of choice now.

Regards
    Hi,

Since a few days ago Dolphin doesn't open Youtube in the native application. It just opens as a page inside the browser.

The same applies to Google Play.

Is it a fault with my phone or is it a behaviour normal to Dolphin?

---
    My grand grandfather was an astronaut!

the same here with Beta version