Motorola XPRT

Search This thread

geobear

Jan 6, 2011
You have to root your phone for the droid2 bootstrapper to work

I looked up directions on rooting the phone, and it seems to have worked! No more bootloop! Yay!

*sigh* But now the email app seems to have disappeared, and when I try to dial *72536 to check the amount on my card, it doesn't do anything but tell me "call forwarding function is not allowed while roaming".

rongsang

Aug 31, 2012
I looked up directions on rooting the phone, and it seems to have worked! No more bootloop! Yay!

*sigh* But now the email app seems to have disappeared, and when I try to dial *72536 to check the amount on my card, it doesn't do anything but tell me "call forwarding function is not allowed while roaming".

I think I left out the email app on the rom. I use the gmail app anyway .

Sent from my MB612 using xda app-developers app

geobear

Jan 6, 2011
But now the email app seems to have disappeared, and when I try to dial *72536 to check the amount on my card, it doesn't do anything but tell me "call forwarding function is not allowed while roaming".

I think I left out the email app on the rom. I use the gmail app anyway.

Ok... so does anyone know how I can get the email back, since I DON'T use the gmail app? The crazy thing is that email notifications are still showing up in the status bar, but when I try to open them, they just disappear (like normal) and then nothing else happens.

And does anybody have any idea what's going on with the call forwarding thing? I'm not trying to forward anything and I don't THINK I should be roaming. But I do need to be able to dial that number. I've tried playing around with various Settings changes, but still no luck.

Last edited:

geobear

Jan 6, 2011
And does anybody have any idea what's going on with the call forwarding thing? I'm not trying to forward anything and I don't THINK I should be roaming. But I do need to be able to dial that number. I've tried playing around with various Settings changes, but still no luck.

I think this must have something to do with the fact that call forwarding usually involves "*72", which is the first part of the number I need to call. But on this global network, this number has nothing to do with call forwarding. Is there any way to convince my phone that the call forwarding code is different here? I also have an HTC Touch Pro 2, and it lets me dial the *72536 number without any problem, so I know it's not an impossibility for all phones...

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

I think I left out the email app on the rom. I use the gmail app anyway .

Any chance you could make a copy that includes the email app? It was working really well for me & I'd really like to find a way to get it back.

Dr.Wizard

Sep 9, 2012
Orange Park, FL
www.drwiz.net
Sprint XPRT - Enable US GSM for AT&T

OK, I've been researching this for hours.

I have a Sprint Motorola XPRT. It does not work with SIM cards for US GSM carriers such as AT&T. I know that is because Motorola, at Sprint's request, did something to the radio firmware to disable it. I get it. But what I want to know, is has anyone been able to hack, flash, patch, or otherwise do something to the radio firmware to get around this? Is it even possible to modify the radio firmware? I have seen hints that it is possible and that people have succeeded, but I can't seem to find anything definitive or any real instructions. Is there any sort of program I can run or image I can flash, or an unlock code that will allow me to use my Sprint XPRT on the US AT&T GSM* network? Can someone pretty pretty please (with chocolate icing on top) please point me to it? Or is it just hopeless?

* Actually, my carrier is h2o wireless, but they use the AT&T network

Thank you!:fingers-crossed:

rongsang

Aug 31, 2012
I think I wrote somewhere on how to try unlocking the radio but I haven't tried it myself. Flash the radio from froyo and unlock it with the radio unlock zip file. Method is same as for other motorola phones.

jjj551280jjj

Feb 4, 2014
THANK YOU

NO! Do NOT do this!!!!!! It will definitely not work.
What you do is open the .enc file in WinHex go to address 0x000DE6. Highlight DE6 thru E05 and delete these 32 bytes. Now save the resulting file as a .sbf and flash it with RSD Lite.

Thank you, i use a variety of motorola phones and am always getting .enc files thanks for showing us how to convert, you're a life saver XD:D:D:D:highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive:

truckdrivr

Apr 10, 2011
malang

i have a mb612,it is an used phone when i buy it.
and the problem is
-it can not connected to data network in gsm (not using cdma yet),but call and text messaging is normal
-everytime it powered on,always back to "welcome to mb612",bypass it and i found that i lose all setting,contacts,and message
-i try to reflash but fail,it says code corrupt and stuck in bootloader,and back to life after i release the battery for 3-4 hour.
what can i do?
*sorry for my bad lang

WaxPaper

Jul 23, 2012
Any sysctl/kernel optimizations for the XPRT?

Hey guys, don't know if anyone's still lurking around in this forum. I haven't been here much myself since the days of simply getting the XPRT upgraded to 2.3.5, but unfortunately I'm still stuck with this device for the time-being. I've seen that CM7/9 have been experimented with for the XPRT, but from reading those posts it doesn't sound like either build is too stable on this phone.

So I'm just wondering if anyone knows some optimal sysctl/kernel tweaks for the XPRT, because most of the tweaking-apps available today either don't support a phone this old, or the "minimum" tweaks that can be applied with these apps is still too much for the XPRT to handle. I'm just talking about the basic stuff here, like the best OOM profile for the XPRT and perhaps some VM optimizations like profiling, garbage-collection and heap size, or whatever...

I have the tools to edit the build.prop and change the kernel settings, but the problem is there was never really much of a tweaking community for the XPRT, so you really can't find any info online about what the optimal settings would be. Anyone able to help me out, or point me to the direction of similar settings for a comparable phone like the Droid Pro that you think would work fine on the XPRT?

I'm just trying to get this old bastard to run a little smoother with today's apps and games, at least for another 6 months or so, until I can finally pick up a newer phone. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Exploit v4

Sprint, OTA GB... : /

Whoops, sorry about that. Keep making small mistakes because I don't actually own this device, so I can't really test it for myself...this should hopefully do the trick.

http://vulnfactory.org/public/xprt_root_windows.zip
    Gentlemen, I present to you Gingerbread for the XPRT. I used the cheesecake method to obtain this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?oc1lrcntfk0ngav

IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE, I TAKE NO LIABILITY FOR IT. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Steps to get it:

1. YOU MUST HAVE STOCK RECOVERY. That means everything on the phone has to be stock. logwrapper included. Anyway, put the file on your SD Card

2. Turn off phone

3. Before powering on, hold down the R and M keys.

4. Power on the phone while still holding those keys down.

5. When the little Android with the ! shows up, press @.

6. Go to apply update.zip from SD Card

7. Wait.

8. When it's done, you'll have Gingerbread

Again, I'm not liable for anything that might happen to your phone. Also, keep in mind, it may not be possible to downgrade.
    New version of the exploit

I fixed the issues some of you guys were having. The new exploit can be found at the same location:

http://vulnfactory.org/public/xprt_root_windows.zip

No tweaking is required this time.
    Apps Safe to Remove, Delete Sprint Boot Animation

I successfully used the SuperOneClick root method on my Motorola XPRT, which has the following software:

System version: Version.4.1.15.MB612.Sprint.en.US
    Android version: 2.2.2

You can find the SuperOneClick method outlined elsewhere in another XPRT Forum...Just Google "Rooting your Motorola XPRT" and follow directions...

After root, I then used Titanium Backup to 1.CLEAR DATA and 2.UN-INSTALL the following (mostly Sprint) apps with no resulting issues:

**NOTE: SEE MY NEXT POST FOR A MORE COMPREHENSIVE LIST**

Android Live Wallpapers 2.2.2
    Bluetooth Share 2.2.2
    Books 1.2.2
    Calculator 2.2.2 (I use RealCalc...)
    com.google.android.feedback 2.2.1
    com.sprint.internal 1.0
    Live Wallpaper Picker 2.2.2
    Music Visualization Wallpapers 2.2.2
    Nascar 2.2.76
    News & Weather 1.3.03 (I don't care about the weather, it's Vegas...)
    News 2.2.2
    Print to Retail 1.0
    Sprint Football Live 2.2.76
    Sprint Mobile Wallet 1.4
    Sprint Music Plus 4.1.31
    Sprint Radio 2.5.14.87196
    Sprint TV & More 3.3.12-141385
    Sprint Worldwide 1.0
    Sprint Zone SZ_2.5.11
    Talk 1.3
    TeleNav GPS Navigator 6.2.6201435
    Weather 2.2.2[/B]

[REMOVED THE NEXT 5 BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE INTEGRATED SOCIAL NETWORKING]

Social Messaging 2.2.2
    Social Messaging Service 2.2.2
    Social Networking 2.2.2
    Social Sharing 2.2.2
    Social Status 2.2.2
    Social Messaging 2.2.2

I also deleted the Sprint boot animation and sound (from the /system/media folder, using Root Explorer. This leaves the stock Android splash screen after Motorola splash)

You can also use a free .MP3 to .OGG converter from the web to convert your .MP3's to .OGG format, put them on your mem card, then use Root Explorer to drop them into the /system/media/audio/ringtones or /system/media/audio/notifications folders to "embed" your ringtones & notifications in the system files rather than on the mem card...I just like to do this for some reason...I also delete all the stock ringtones and notifications from those folders, then clear the Caches to remove them from showing up as selections anymore. Speaking of this, does anyone know how to clear the Dalvik Cache using the stock Recovery? (Or know of any custom Recovery that works on the XPRT?) I'm coming from the HTC Evo, so I'm still learning my way around this Motorola...

TO SHUT OFF CAMERA AND CAMCORDER SHUTTER SOUND ON THE XPRT:

1. Root your phone using the SuperOneClick method
    2. Use Root Explorer to navigate to /system/media/audio/ui
    3. Click "Mount R/W" to mount the folder to Read/Write.
    4. Locate and long-press to delete "camera_click.ogg" (or rename "camera_click(old).ogg" if you might restore it later)
    5. Locate and long-press to delete "VideoRecord.ogg" (or rename it "VideoRecord(old).ogg" if you might restore it later)
    6. Click "Mount R/O" to remount the folder as Read Only.
    7. Reboot the phone.
    8. Done!

Cheers!

--Karl Hungus in the 702 (VegasRooted)

PS-- If anyone has loaded a custom Recovery (ClockworkMod, Amon RA, etc.) please post a reply...like I mentioned, I'm coming from the HTC Evo, so I'm still learning my way around this Motorola stuff and haven't pulled the trigger on trying to load any Recovery yet. Thanks!

PSS-- If you know of more Apps that are safe to remove please reply, thanks! :)
    you have to rename the file from .sbf.enc to plain .sbf

NO! Do NOT do this!!!!!! It will definitely not work.
    What you do is open the .enc file in WinHex go to address 0x000DE6. Highlight DE6 thru E05 and delete these 32 bytes. Now save the resulting file as a .sbf and flash it with RSD Lite.