Bugs

Search This thread

tae_254

Mar 13, 2010
Killeen
At&t HOX user here and I have not experienced any of those problems that y'all have talked about. I've had my phone for about 10 hours now so I can't really speak
too much

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Reactions: Skizzy034

rpritch

Mar 25, 2009
When phone is charging (plugged into wall), its very laggy. Anyone else?

By the way, the screen problems I was experiencing seems to have "magically disappeared". I have restarted the unit a number of times and followed this advice from the below link. Seems to actually work!

Laggy sense 4.0 and ICS, check this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1599214

rpritch

Mar 25, 2009
I spoke too soon. For most of yesterday, the phone operated without a problem. This morning, the lagging and unresponsive middle of the screen is back (e.e.g, the "More" option on the settings screen is unresponsive to touch, but all other options respond to touch). Once I turn the screen off and on again, the problem goes away. If I turn the screen on and off a number of times, the problem may or may not be there.

Since the lagging is present when the phone is charging AND it is now present when fully charged (an unplugged), I wonder if there is a link? A battery issue perhaps?

Anyone else finding this?

Where can I get up-date?

Both devices are PJ831000

@Peter

Have you updated your teg3 one x to 1.29, if so, can you copy and zip the /system/etc/wifi folder. I need it to for a comparison. Working on the WiFi issue now for the xl's

Pardon my ignorance, but where can I get this up-date? Resolving the WiFi issue is critical, and if this does it, phew, I'm a happy camper.

Peter

Bedeadu

Jun 8, 2009
Toronto
Wifi bug - caused by changing type of internet use?

I am experiencing the same general bugs mentioned throughout this thread..Wifi/4G constantly switching was getting very aggravating.

I had a full post here saying how turning off mobile data seemed to be a temporary fix, but after a while I was getting more or less the same results. I do think it has improved the issue, curious if anyone else find this.

I have a small Theory...I could swear the issue seems to happen when you alter your internet usage ways...like going from browsing a website to downloading a file, and back to the website.

Expanding this theory..I open netflix, the bug appears...then is fine...open weather widget, bug appears, then all is fine. Please try this and let me know your results?

Using, "Tampered" Rogers One X...(L)...whatever

robcorn

Jul 10, 2007
Flower Mound, TX
Ok, here's my major problem with the HTC: when I try and connect to my home wifi, the phone disconnects my entire wifi network from the Internet.

It seems like its grabbing my high level IP address of my apple airport express...

Anybody have any ideas?

bmolloy

May 3, 2010
Temecula,
Ok, here's my major problem with the HTC: when I try and connect to my home wifi, the phone disconnects my entire wifi network from the Internet.

It seems like its grabbing my high level IP address of my apple airport express...

Anybody have any ideas?
I would go into the Airport setting (Applications >Utilities>Airport Utility) and assign your phone a specific IP address. I am at work today not connected to my airport right now so I don't know the exact steps, but I know you can do this in the settings, I have it done for most of the wireless devices in my household. That might keep the phone from hijacking another IP.

To do this you will need to know the mac address of the phone, it is setting>about phone>status>wifi Mac address in android 4.0x. I am sure it will be the same on the Onex, I will know tomorrow morning when I get home to mine!

Last edited:

robcorn

Jul 10, 2007
Flower Mound, TX
I would go into the Airport setting (Applications >Utilities>Airport Utility) and assign your phone a specific IP address. I am at work today not connected to my airport right now so I don't know the exact steps, but I know you can do this in the settings, I have it done for most of the wireless devices in my household. That might keep the phone from hijacking another IP.

To do this you will need to know the mac address of the phone, it is setting>about phone>status>wifi Mac address in android 4.0x. I am sure it will be the same on the Onex, I will know tomorrow morning when I get home to mine!

Thanks for the info; if,you could,look at yours and let me know, I'd really appreciate it!

bmolloy

May 3, 2010
Temecula,
Thanks for the info; if,you could,look at yours and let me know, I'd really appreciate it!

Here is a link to the help topic on apple's site. I would assign your phone a number like XXX.XXX.X.5. (the x's are the IP address of the router, the number you are putting in is the number for the "DHCP lease" you will be assigning to your phone). I know there are on screen instructions that walk you through the process. I am not going to be home until tomorrow and then I am all family booked up until tomorrow night. If you don't have it by then I will do a little screen video to show you how to do it.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: co.ag.2005

co.ag.2005

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
Google Pixel 5
Here is a link to the help topic on apple's site. I would assign your phone a number like XXX.XXX.X.5. (the x's are the IP address of the router, the number you are putting in is the number for the "DHCP lease" you will be assigning to your phone). I know there are on screen instructions that walk you through the process. I am not going to be home until tomorrow and then I am all family booked up until tomorrow night. If you don't have it by then I will do a little screen video to show you how to do it.

Good luck.

Thanks for this in case I have issues with my AEBS. Can't wait till Monday!

Sent from my Atrix using XDA premium

robcorn

Jul 10, 2007
Flower Mound, TX

Good luck.

I figured it out, thanks, you're a lifesaver!

gordongartrell

Sep 28, 2010
When my phone is on Airplane Mode and then I eventually turn off Airplane Mode, the phone will not connect to the Rogers Network at all. The phone will stay out of service unless I reboot the phone.:mad:

bmolloy

May 3, 2010
Temecula,
I figured it out, thanks, you're a lifesaver!

Great News. Did it work? I also want to check if you are staying connected to wifi with the static IP address assigned. It seems others are having a great deal of trouble with their wifi staying connected and I anticipate this might be a solution for those problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone else experiencing touch screen glitchyness?

Mainly, when trying to highlight text or move the cursor, the cursors go nuts and start flailing around randomly, left and right.

Edit: Seems to happen only when the stock ICS text selection is used instead of Sense.

haha i just noticed that.. i was in chrome i typed in a word and i wanted to edit the word then the cursor just went berserk, back and forth . Kept doing it, until i left the search and came back to it afterwards.
    Anyone hear something rattling around in the phone when they shake it?
    It's the focus mechanism in the camera. Don't sweat it, it's normal. My last few phones (including my iPhone 4s) did it. :cool:
    I'm glad you found the thread ...

Hi Peter. I see you mentioned you have a Nexus, which I can only assume is rooted and running a custom ROM like mine by the fact that you are here, lol.

How did the One X perform in comparison? I am looking at the Rogers version, but I have to pay full pop, so I want to make sure its worth it.

*Edit* I just found your X vs XL comparison thread and you answered it there in one of your posts.

Swyped from my Skankwich GNex using XDA Premium App.

I'm glad you found the thread. It should answer a host of questions concerning the Rogers ONE X and the International ONE X.

In all honesty, both of the ONE X versions are superior to my GNex, which is rooted and running the AOKP ROM. Sadly, though, WiFi is such a critical issue for me, and both ONE X units are having issues with WiFi. Therefore, until such time that this issue is resolved, I'm going back to the GNex, which simply works ... and no complaints.

Peter
    I'm glad you found the thread. It should answer a host of questions concerning the Rogers ONE X and the International ONE X.

In all honesty, both of the ONE X versions are superior to my GNex, which is rooted and running the AOKP ROM. Sadly, though, WiFi is such a critical issue for me, and both ONE X units are having issues with WiFi. Therefore, until such time that this issue is resolved, I'm going back to the GNex, which simply works ... and no complaints.

Peter

Yea, that thread is awesome. Thank you for taking the time to make and update it. It has boatloads of useful info. I am going to take the plunge and get the Rogers XL. I can sell my GNex and recover most of the $$$$. I can live with the wifi bug until its squashed, assuming its a kernel/rom issue and not hardware. :)

Swyped from my Skankwich GNex.
    I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but here's another visual in the calculator. The numbers get cut off .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I thought I was the only one.. Dumb design.

I put the calculator widget on one of my 5 home screens. It's fast to get to and has a normal look.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Anybody having a problem with their camera app not opening? Randomly when I click on my camera app it will open for .5 seconds then close out immediatly. Restarting the phone fixes the problem temporarily but eventually it happens again.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Happened to me a bit differently.
    While pressing video record the camera app would close. Photos were fine, but the video would record failed 1 out of 6 attempts. The failed attempts closed the phone app. Reboot solved. Frustrating though. Had the phone for about 2 weeks now.