[MOD] CM9 -CM10.2 SMS/MMS App inverted with Touchwiz speech bubbles and more tweaks

Search This thread

dragz12

Jan 7, 2012
Sorry for the late reply, but am working a lot these days.

May I ask if you already tried the app with CM10 and if so what the result was? In general I would say it should work with CM10 too, but didn´t try it.

So I need a bit more feedback about it´s working or not in CM10.

i haven't try it with CM10 honestly i just recently flashed the CM9b4 but on of these day i will flashed arco's CM10 and this mod will be on my top priority ton flashed and i will certainly give you a feed back thanks in advance!

LeroViten

Jan 19, 2013
Kyiv
facebook.com
Re: [MOD] CM9 SMS/MMS App inverted with Touchwiz speech bubbles and much more tweaks

could you also do this mod on CM10 or this now compatible with CM10 thanks in advance ^_^

May I ask if you already tried the app with CM10?

Guys, I tried this on my own risk at several CM 10 based ROMs. It work fine with no bugs! So feel free to flash it! ;)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

honeyx

Dec 30, 2011
Updated info: This apk is also working with CM10.2, so you can use it with all ROMs up to CM10.2.

slovee78

Jan 27, 2013
Good work honeyx.
I am using cm10.1
I have mms.apk from IWRH custom rom of another device I don't know what. This mms is the best in my opinion. It's galaxy s4 themed without avatars. Also the timestamp is outside the bubbles so you can read the text clearly. It's so great. I just want it working perfect also in cm10 and I don't know who can help me in this. I can flash this mms in cm10 but then I will not be able to send mms just only sms. Maybe you can help me.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

IWRH

Jul 25, 2012
Good work honeyx.
I am using cm10.1
I have mms.apk from IWRH custom rom of another device I don't know what. This mms is the best in my opinion. It's galaxy s4 themed without avatars. Also the timestamp is outside the bubbles so you can read the text clearly. It's so great. I just want it working perfect also in cm10 and I don't know who can help me in this. I can flash this mms in cm10 but then I will not be able to send mms just only sms. Maybe you can help me.

Actually its not mine ! ;) I just send a link to thread. Its monish.1995's work.
Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

honeyx

Dec 30, 2011
Good work honeyx.
I am using cm10.1

Actually the app in the OP is also not mine. :) As I wrote I came across it while I was modding the default mms.apk for our SGW. So after finding out this is also working with our device I didn´t continue my mod, as this one already has everything in I also wanted to add.

Currently I´m also to busy to mod any apps or kernels. Just am giving some support in the Cm10.2 bug report thread in my spare time, so can´t help you out with this. Even am not having access to my SGW as my wife is using it. But all I can say the mms app in the OP is even working on my S3 mini running Cm10.2 there too.

Just need to add that this flashable zip is made to be flashed on the SGW. This is just in case someone gots the Idea to flash in on an other device. So to flash in on other devices you need to edit the path in the flashable zip file.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A little update from my side. It´s also working with CM10.2. It can be used from CM9 up to CM10.2

Well, this App is actually not my work, though I know how to apply the changes. It´s just I stumbled across this App while modifing the stock SMS/MMS app for my needs. This app has all the modifications already done. So this saved me some time to do the mods myself.

The app was modded by the member called Difusal.

The basic features are:

- Inverted: black background instead of white (looks like the CM9 phone app);

- No MMS conversion: you can type very long messages and it won't automatically convert it to a MMS;

- Unlimited Recipients list: you can now send your message to more than 20 people at the same time;

- Original Time Stamps: this makes original time stamps setting actually work: it shows the exact sent time of received messages, not the moment when you actually receive it on your phone.

- New Line Option: have you noticed that stupid ":)" key next to the space bar? Yeah, where the "new line" key should be? Google did it! But this mod changes that ":)" key to "new line" key as it should always be.

- 160 characters capacity: 160 characters capacity per SMS for other languages other than English, and not 60-70. No more extra costs for longer messages!

- Bigger Writing Window: if you notice, when you are typing long sms, you can only see 3 sentences of what you've typed. I've changed that value to 5 sentences and it feels much better. Now you can see 5 sentences of the message you're typing. (so also like in the Samsung SMS/MMS app)

- Emoji Support: a set of 471 nice emoticons.

- Changed default android heart smiley: do you know that green smiley when you type '<3'? Removed that green android and replaced it with a neat heart (see screenshots).

- Speech Bubbles: some nice balloons around the texts. (Touchwiz Style bubbles).

34xjr83.jpg
    23mr7ma.jpg

Just as a note to prevent some confusion. The screenshoots are made on a different device with a different ROM, so the colors do not match exactly the colors that will be displayed on Arcos CM9. That´s because the MMS.apk is framework dependent and the device is also using a different hardware with different drivers. So the green will appear more yellowish on our SGW
    Furthermore Difusal might have changed them at any time after doing these screenshoots. I didn´t check this because I like it the way it is.

As always flash via CWM and enjoy.

SMS&MMS.zip

Dropbox Mirror

You should be able to use this app on any CM9 based rom for the SGW. I only tested it on Arcos CM9.