- PapaSmurf 151
- KommodoreHeinz
- iBlowpot
- X_N_
- sammyycakes
- Dsixda
- Darktremor
- rapmv78

Everyone that supports Team D.I.R.T! THANK YOU!!

* If you feel that your name should be in the OP for one reason or another, please PM and I'll get you up there if I forgot you

KERNEL SOURCE FOR THE ONE USED IN THIS ROM : https://github.com/Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k
THE BUSYBOX SOURCE USED FOR THIS ROM : https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_external_busybox

knownissues.png

- NO 4G
- NO Camera at all....FFC, Camcorder
- NO Netflix
- USB won't work in Tablet Mode

** Whatever else you guys find :)

trouble.png

If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:

1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.

2. Search this thread and JMZtaylor's thread aswell (its the base ROM) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.

3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT

... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

changelog.png

Team D.I.R.T Paranoidandroid Jelly Bean v1.0
- Got it to boot
- Fixed USB, Data and the usual stuff
- Added GAPPS
- Included Beats Audio/XLoud
- Applied Landscape Lockscreen MOD
- Own Number for voicemail
- Fixed a few more things here and there.....REMEMBER this is a WIP (work in progress)

Team D.I.R.T Paranoidandroid Jelly Bean v1.1
- Removed Lockscreen Circles
- Removed Torch app for now until fixed
- Optimized all .ogg files
- Made a few performane tweaks....should feel faster!
- Updated hosts file for ad-free experience

Team D.I.R.T Paranoidandroid Jelly Bean v1.2
- Paranoid got its own dir in /system/etc/paranoid - pad.prop is not properties.conf
- A clean backup properties file is shipped, you can make a full reset in the panel in case you lost it with all the settings you made (very useful for those new to Paranoidandroid)
- Force option can be activated in the panel, good for widget scaling
- The DPI sliders in the panel read min/max props from properties.conf, define them as you wish
- TabletUI Recents are back to a bigger size, this is temporary, I'll try to find a way to port the phone implementation as project butter/Google skipped the TabletUI code
- CM fixed alot of features again, they're included!
- Added a few tweaks for performance and battery life

Team D.I.R.T Paranoidandroid Jelly Bean v1.3

- Updated CM10 base to keep up with new CM fixes, features or whatever

- New option in Paranoid Settings called "large". This tricks an app into thinking you have a large screen.......might be helpful in some cases, might be useless in other cases...hahaha

- Option to toggle Screenshot in power options and On-Screen buttons

- Removed ADB notify icon from statusbar and updated GAPPS

- Total Hybrid engine revamp, alot less clutter, many bugfixes, apps wont make jumps when you load them up because their actual size is calculated by the engine

- The algorithm to extract the actual layout containers from apk files works more precise and can reveal more than before. There will still be a few apps left that will do that layout stuff in java, an override button will be added in future releases for that. In the meantime you can edit /system/etc/paranoid/properties.conf with your favorite file manager text editor for the following....

360 for phone-like UI
600 for phablet
720 = tablet
1280 = super huge tablet

download.png

http://themikmik.com/forumdisplay.php?1886-Mazda-s-Jelly-Bean-ROMs-Info-Screenshots-and-Download-Links

PLEASE be respectful and REMEMBER that this is FREE! I do NOT work for you! I have NOT and WILL NOT ask for donations for any of this! If you wish to donate, that's on you and that's just that....is a donation! YOU WILL NOT get an early copy of ANY ROM and I will not post your post your name/username anywhere....just not my style!

I am not responsible for any issue flashing roms may cause for your phone. By flashing this rom, you are accepting any and all risks you may be taking in doing so! Team D.I.R.T and I will be updating this port as things are added, removed or changed. Any suggestions are appreciated, but not guaranteed to make the cut.

ENJOY!!

Last edited:

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
FAQlogo.png

Question : Can I flash another kernel with this ROM?
ANSWER : At this moment you can't! If you try to flash another kernel i.e Mason Kernel, it will break your WiFi.

Question : When is the next version going to be released?
ANSWER : In the next 5 minutes or maybe in the next 5-6 months....Don't ask for ETAs!! The next version will be released when is ready to be released.

Question : I'm stuck at the splash screen, what can I do?
ANSWER : Don't FREAK OUT and pull your battery! Go into your recovery and make sure you've wiped EVERYTHING except your sdcard and flash the ROM zip again. Before rebooting make sure you unplug your phone until you've booted up.

Question : When I was on ROM A or ROM B, this one thing was working like this BUT is no longer working like that....what can I do?
ANSWER : First thing you need to remember is that every ROM is different. Don't expect to have the same features from MIUI on a Sense ROM or something from a GB ROM working on a JB ROM. Also remember that this is a WIP (work in progress) ROM and certain things will not work like they do on a Sense 1.0 ROM.

Question : Why are people so mean to me?
ANSWER : Because this is the internet my friend! Chances are the reason people are being mean to you is because you either asked something that's been answered 800 times already or that's already answered in the OP! If it becomes an issue, hit that triangle and let a moderator handle it

Last edited:

xx5352

Jan 6, 2011
And just when I thought the battery stats couldn't wait. Hahs!

Sent from my ICS Evo via Team D. I. R. T.

Reactions: Mazda

xx5352

Jan 6, 2011
Thank you! Insomnia, here I come!!!

Sent from my ICS Evo via Team D. I. R. T.

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Team D.I.R.T Paranoidandroid JB v1.1 is out.....go get it!! :)

Here's the changelog for V1.1

Also just in case anyone wants to rock Paranoidandroid with pride.....

w2c1m.png

Last edited:

ben.nesheim

Nov 30, 2010
Duluth, MN
plus.google.com
OK i could say alot about how im stunned at this awesomeness but isntead of wasting time ill cut to the chase

This is me Right now, Looking at this post.

This is just godly on all levels imaginable and in-imaginable.

Also...did anyone else know that on
(ra-supersonic-4.3-smelkus-tmdirt)
it has touch input response for scrolling :x or has it always had that???

yes it has always had touch scrolling tho i still find myself using haptic or volume rocker unless its something quick

and awesome mazda congrats on getting everyone up to jelly bean level :)

Reactions: Sieze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mainlogo.png

screenshot.png

credits.png

- Cyanogen and his team
    - The Paranoidandroid developers
    - Preludedrew
    - JMZtaylor
    - Atyoung
    - Tommytomatoe
    - PapaSmurf 151
    - KommodoreHeinz
    - iBlowpot
    - X_N_
    - sammyycakes
    - Dsixda
    - Darktremor
    - rapmv78

Everyone that supports Team D.I.R.T! THANK YOU!!

* If you feel that your name should be in the OP for one reason or another, please PM and I'll get you up there if I forgot you

KERNEL SOURCE FOR THE ONE USED IN THIS ROM : https://github.com/Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k
    THE BUSYBOX SOURCE USED FOR THIS ROM : https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_external_busybox

knownissues.png

- NO 4G
    - NO Camera at all....FFC, Camcorder
    - NO Netflix
    - USB won't work in Tablet Mode

** Whatever else you guys find :)

trouble.png

If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:

1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.

2. Search this thread and JMZtaylor's thread aswell (its the base ROM) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.

3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT

... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

changelog.png

Team D.I.R.T Paranoidandroid Jelly Bean v1.0
    - Got it to boot
    - Fixed USB, Data and the usual stuff
    - Added GAPPS
    - Included Beats Audio/XLoud
    - Applied Landscape Lockscreen MOD
    - Own Number for voicemail
    - Fixed a few more things here and there.....REMEMBER this is a WIP (work in progress)

Team D.I.R.T Paranoidandroid Jelly Bean v1.1

Team D.I.R.T Paranoidandroid Jelly Bean v1.2
    - Paranoid got its own dir in /system/etc/paranoid - pad.prop is not properties.conf
    - A clean backup properties file is shipped, you can make a full reset in the panel in case you lost it with all the settings you made (very useful for those new to Paranoidandroid)
    - Force option can be activated in the panel, good for widget scaling
    - The DPI sliders in the panel read min/max props from properties.conf, define them as you wish
    - TabletUI Recents are back to a bigger size, this is temporary, I'll try to find a way to port the phone implementation as project butter/Google skipped the TabletUI code
    - CM fixed alot of features again, they're included!
    - Added a few tweaks for performance and battery life

Team D.I.R.T Paranoidandroid Jelly Bean v1.3

- New option in Paranoid Settings called "large". This tricks an app into thinking you have a large screen.......might be helpful in some cases, might be useless in other cases...hahaha

- Total Hybrid engine revamp, alot less clutter, many bugfixes, apps wont make jumps when you load them up because their actual size is calculated by the engine

- The algorithm to extract the actual layout containers from apk files works more precise and can reveal more than before. There will still be a few apps left that will do that layout stuff in java, an override button will be added in future releases for that. In the meantime you can edit /system/etc/paranoid/properties.conf with your favorite file manager text editor for the following....

360 for phone-like UI
    600 for phablet
    720 = tablet
    1280 = super huge tablet

download.png

http://themikmik.com/forumdisplay.php?1886-Mazda-s-Jelly-Bean-ROMs-Info-Screenshots-and-Download-Links

PLEASE be respectful and REMEMBER that this is FREE! I do NOT work for you! I have NOT and WILL NOT ask for donations for any of this! If you wish to donate, that's on you and that's just that....is a donation! YOU WILL NOT get an early copy of ANY ROM and I will not post your post your name/username anywhere....just not my style!

I am not responsible for any issue flashing roms may cause for your phone. By flashing this rom, you are accepting any and all risks you may be taking in doing so! Team D.I.R.T and I will be updating this port as things are added, removed or changed. Any suggestions are appreciated, but not guaranteed to make the cut.

ENJOY!!
    Change Log for v1.3

Alright just wanted to put this out before I start the upload.....let you guys know what you're getting before hand :)

360 for phone-like UI
    600 for phablet
    720 = tablet
    1280 = super huge tablet

Here's a screenshot of some of the new features.....

1z5raps.jpg

[EDIT]

The link is updated........V1.3 is posted!! :)
    FAQlogo.png

Question : Can I flash another kernel with this ROM?
    ANSWER : At this moment you can't! If you try to flash another kernel i.e Mason Kernel, it will break your WiFi.

Question : When is the next version going to be released?
    ANSWER : In the next 5 minutes or maybe in the next 5-6 months....Don't ask for ETAs!! The next version will be released when is ready to be released.

Question : I'm stuck at the splash screen, what can I do?
    ANSWER : Don't FREAK OUT and pull your battery! Go into your recovery and make sure you've wiped EVERYTHING except your sdcard and flash the ROM zip again. Before rebooting make sure you unplug your phone until you've booted up.

Question : When I was on ROM A or ROM B, this one thing was working like this BUT is no longer working like that....what can I do?
    ANSWER : First thing you need to remember is that every ROM is different. Don't expect to have the same features from MIUI on a Sense ROM or something from a GB ROM working on a JB ROM. Also remember that this is a WIP (work in progress) ROM and certain things will not work like they do on a Sense 1.0 ROM.

Question : Why are people so mean to me?
    ANSWER : Because this is the internet my friend! Chances are the reason people are being mean to you is because you either asked something that's been answered 800 times already or that's already answered in the OP! If it becomes an issue, hit that triangle and let a moderator handle it
    Update alert

An update is coming today.....Here's what to expect! :laugh:

- Paranoid got its own dir in /system/etc/paranoid - pad.prop is not properties.conf :good:

- A clean backup properties file is shipped, you can make a full reset in the panel in case you lost it with all the settings you made (very useful for those new to Paranoidandroid) :good:

- Force option can be activated in the panel, good for widget scaling :good:

- The DPI sliders in the panel read min/max props from properties.conf, define them as you wish :good:

- TabletUI Recents are back to a bigger size, this is temporary, I'll try to find a way to port the phone implementation as project butter/Google skipped the TabletUI code :good:

- CM fixed alot of features again, they're included! :good:

jBItQ.png
    Team D.I.R.T Paranoidandroid JB v1.1 is out.....go get it!! :)

Here's the changelog for V1.1

Also just in case anyone wants to rock Paranoidandroid with pride.....

w2c1m.png